Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathanjd

Enforcer or Storm
« on: February 21, 2013, 04:37:24 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm sure many of you are bored of this one.

But I'm my retiring my Ninja as a backup and its between these two for the main machine.

I cant really split the two machines in terms of features etc, but the only grey area and therefore sticking point for my decision is the vacuum setups.

I will be using the machine mostly as a proper portable (in house) and 1.5" hose because its easier to use generally, averaging 25ft-50ft hose runs.

Regarding the vacuum systems which would you go for based on my needs. I know all the science and the recent videos on this subject, but what do you think.

Ta chaps.

Richard Cole

Re: Enforcer or Storm
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:56:22 pm »
Not sure of the Enforcer but I do have the Storm, but I would say it is the same for both in that they are designed to be left outside the house and run longer vacuum hoses and certainly the Storm will function better with a 2" hose as it will have greater lift. 

From what i have heard the after sales with Ashby's is not great and I would have to question the ethics of the company in their recent testing of an Airflex Turbo along side the Enforcer without permission from the owner and from what i can gather very underhand rigging of the test.

Matt at Cleansmart gives fantastic after sales service and the Storm has proven to be a reliable and trusted machine.  Had mine just under a year and it has proven to faultless and served me well. :)
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

carpet_care

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:06:14 pm »
I also have the storm and its a great machine, i have it van mounted with 2 inch vac hose and its near enough on par with my prowler i used to have and a lot quieter  ;)especially with the vent off hose on aswell.

I have a couple of ninjas av had years but no longer deal with ashbys  ::)roll

Not willing to say why on an open forum but totally happy with the service from Matt at cleansmart  :)

Andy Locke.

Paul Moss

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:28:29 pm »
Thats cos Andy is Matts gay lover. There its out  ;D

carpet_care

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 06:27:41 pm »
Bugger youve sussed me ou Paul !  :o I thought it was a clost secret ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 06:34:35 pm »
The main benefit for the enforcer is that it runs off one cord I think with 2 inch vac hose a decent wand you'll get a decent amount of suction anyway, but the old customer service debate will always rear it's head.

Shaun

james roffey

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 06:35:32 pm »
Storm and Cleansmart every time    !    For explanation use search facility   :)

Enforcer never used one never will  !    For explanation use search facility     :(  

stuart_clark

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:40:39 pm »
I diddnt think using 2" hose with vacs set up in series are advised!

john martin

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 09:17:11 pm »

therefore sticking point for my decision is the vacuum setups.

Regarding the vacuum systems which would you go for based on my needs. I know all the science and the recent videos on this subject, but what do you think.

Ta chaps.

I really dont think anyone knows for sure which is best  ...   
There does seem to be a bit of a swing of late towards series  , couple of the guys on TMF that were running twin 8.4s parallel have now switched to series claiming better performance at the wand .
Ashbys had a usefull video up for a while measuring performance at the wand for twin 6.6 and their electro series setup ,  for some reason they removed it .
Russ Chadd is one of the few ... anywhere who has used both parallel 6.6 and the series Enforcer in working situations so perhaps hes the one to ask .

Cleansmart are now doing custom series version of the airflex , im sure they would do a one cord electro motor setup if u wanted .

stuart_clark

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 10:34:14 pm »
I used a ninja with supervacs and a piggyback motor thats in series but found the Scorpion left the carpets much drier

john martin

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 10:44:48 pm »
I used a ninja with supervacs and a piggyback motor thats in series but found the Scorpion left the carpets much drier

Dunno if you can compare the older flat fan motors with the newer conical fans
There would be be some more CFM + the newer motors are suppose to loose less vacuum under restriction .

nathanjd

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 11:10:20 pm »
When did you buy/have your Ninja Stuart? I got mine 2008.

Are you meaning you had the Vac Booster too?

I think you are right about the 2" thing. The 2" is really for big airflow people. I'm running 1.5 on short runs because its just easier, so want the best performance using that.

nath

james roffey

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 12:06:55 am »
2 inch hose on my Airflex turbo made a big difference.

JandS

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:02 am »
Enforcer because it's basically the same, in fact it
comes with an in tank heater and is £700 cheaper.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

stuart_clark

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 11:14:16 am »
I have always  had 2" vacume with my Scorpion/Jag but i wsas told some time ago by his Emenence John Bolton that you were at no advantage the larger bore size vacume with motors mounted in series, My ninjas were 2006 and yes i was using a booster box! somtimes i coupled to ninjas together as one of them had a booster adaptor in the recovery tank!

jim mca

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 11:18:08 am »
What spec enforcer are you comparing to the storm at £700 cheaper

fibresafe

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 11:22:42 am »

Have you tried both machines? According to Cleansmart the single power cord Airflex Pro 400psi is the same vac power as the Enforcer. The Airflex Storm is a dual power cord machine with a lot more powerful vac, that's why it needs two power cords. The Airflex Pro 400 is £1899 + VAT so a lot cheaper than the Storm and might be the better option if your not bothered about faster drying.

john martin

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:12 pm »

The Airflex Storm is a dual power cord machine with a lot more powerful vac

The storm has two 640airwatt 6.6 motors on two cords .
On cord one amp draw would be  7.5amps max
on cord two amp draw would be about 10amps max including pump .

With the enforcer Ashbys are trying to maximize the use of each cord while staying at about 13amps on each cord .

So on cord one they put  a 640airwatt (7.5amp ) electro motor  and combine it with a 500 or so airwatt motor( 6amps )  to draw around 13amps on cord one .

So they now have 13amps free on cord two to provide a 3kw immersion heater ,which many would consider usefull or even invaluable .

Most portable users will in reality only use 20 to 75 ft hose for most jobs .
The performance measured where the wand or handtool meet the carpet is the only real figure that matters .
Which is more powerfull ( parallel or series ) is debatable and depends on numerous factors . The hose length , the carpet type , the tool used .

fibresafe

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 01:37:32 pm »

The Airflex Storm is a dual power cord machine with a lot more powerful vac

The storm has two 640airwatt 6.6 motors on two cords .
On cord one amp draw would be  7.5amps max
on cord two amp draw would be about 10amps max including pump .

With the enforcer Ashbys are trying to maximize the use of each cord while staying at about 13amps on each cord .

So on cord one they put  a 640airwatt (7.5amp ) electro motor  and combine it with a 500 or so airwatt motor( 6amps )  to draw around 13amps on cord one .

So they now have 13amps free on cord two to provide a 3kw immersion heater ,which many would consider usefull or even invaluable .

Most portable users will in reality only use 20 to 75 ft hose for most jobs .
The performance measured where the wand or handtool meet the carpet is the only real figure that matters .
Which is more powerfull ( parallel or series ) is debatable and depends on numerous factors . The hose length , the carpet type , the tool used .

Like I say, the Airflex Pro is the same set-up as the Enforcer with two vacs and pump on one power cord  ???. If you want to compare like for like compare the Enforcer and the Airflex Pro 400 - the Airflex Storm 800psi has more powerful vac and is a different kettle of fish.

For hot water from cold in the tank, I beleive the Enforcer needs two heaters (1 immersion, 1 steam mate) needing 2 additional power cords (3 in total), the Magma heater gives you instant hot water from cold using 1 additional power cord.

john martin

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 02:08:00 pm »

[/quote]

the Airflex Storm 800psi has more powerful vac and is a different kettle of fish.

For hot water from cold in the tank, I beleive the Enforcer needs two heaters (1 immersion, 1 steam mate) needing 2 additional power cords (3 in total), the Magma heater gives you instant hot water from cold using 1 additional power cord.

[/quote]

Here is An electro three stage (enforcer ) and a 6.6 ( storm )

Please tell me why you think the 6.6 is more powerfull when it clearly isn't  :)

http://dev.ametekfsm.com/Bulletins/122235-00.pdf

http://www2.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4762

regarding heaters ...  the enforcer does not need two heaters .   a 3kw immersion is a very effective and reliable heat source on its own .
if you couple it with an inline ... steammate or whichever  ...   the preheated water will get hotter faster and stay hot consistently .
Many consider the ashbys steammate to be one of the best inlines available .