This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

warren flynn

which trolley?
« on: February 14, 2006, 09:43:49 pm »
hi guys,

can any of you wfp trolley users give me a final bit of advice before i take the plunge and get a loan for a system.

i've read loads on the freedom trolley and had contact with andrew, this seems the way to go. my only niggling doubt is about the omnitrolley, it carries 50 ltrs and seems a pretty sensible design but i havn't read any comments on it. is this because it is not the best bit of kit or am i missing some obvious flaw.

my reason for going for the trolley method is that my round is 95% domestic with enough work in a road each day to normally only have to put the ladders on/off once a day.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

warren

???

Jeff Brimble

Re: which trolley?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 09:46:58 pm »
The Omni has the best wheels in the business. and comes with a hose reel that makes me envious.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:17:42 am »
hi guys,

can any of you wfp trolley users give me a final bit of advice before i take the plunge and get a loan for a system.

i've read loads on the freedom trolley and had contact with andrew, this seems the way to go. my only niggling doubt is about the omnitrolley, it carries 50 ltrs and seems a pretty sensible design but i havn't read any comments on it. is this because it is not the best bit of kit or am i missing some obvious flaw.

my reason for going for the trolley method is that my round is 95% domestic with enough work in a road each day to normally only have to put the ladders on/off once a day.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

warren

???

The Omnitrolley is fine but everyone has a different way of working and different requirements.  I have the old style one with a DI unit on it.
Nobody seems to make what would be my ideal trolley though.  I'm not sure about the weight but ideally I think that I would like one that holds 50 litres, has a (yellow?) microbore hosereel attached (at least 30 metres), a small DI unit (as I fill it with RO'd water), and of an upright design to keep the footprint as small as possible.  Compromises have to be made between weight and portability I guess.  At the moment I have the old style Omnitrolley which I turn sideways in order to shut the back doors (can't be arsed to keep removing the handle).  It has a DI unit but no hosereel.  I believe the newer style ones have a hosereel (but no DI unit).  I suppose it's a matter of deciding what you most need.

mark6765

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 07:59:12 am »
has anyone tried the 125 litre omnitrolly with the hosereel.
i know it would be heavy but most of my work is very compact. i like the idea of being able to do 10 or so houses on one street without refilling or going back to the van.
it seems to me there is scope to run 2 pole from a unit this size.
pull unit on to drive. use 30 metres hose for back. you would probly be ok with 10 metres on the front.
since swapping over from ladders we have never successfully worked a two man team on domestic.

this is a problem that i would like to see solved.
any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

mark

williamx

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 09:38:24 am »
since swapping over from ladders we have never successfully worked a two man team on domestic.

this is a problem that i would like to see solved.
any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

mark

Mark

I have found that 1 cleaner one can clean a house as fast as 2 cleaner working on the same house, you would think that 2 cleaners working on the same house would be quicker, anyway what I have found is if I have several house in a road I set 1 cleaner at the top of the road with the other cleaner at the bottom with both working towards each other, this does work out quicker.

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 07:53:54 pm »
I use the omnitrolly Classic version 50ltrs and think its an excellent piece of kit.
The large wheels do help a lot and will go anywhere.

I have not used any other trolley but if you look back through the old posts i know there is loads about them there.

I may be getting another trolley later in the year and its going to be another omnitrolly 50ltr but the type with the hose reel attached.

I had two of us doing domestics and it was no quicker doing the same house together.
If you use a WFP you need one person per house.
But on a compact round this is not a problem one does one side the other the other side.

Paul

master cleaner

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 08:27:54 pm »
ive got both the new omnitrolleys i use the 125ltr and my son uses the 50 ltr they are fantastic i cannot speak highly enough of them

we now are as fast as we were with ladders and we were fast
rather than be dabbling on about them all night if you just ask the questions you want answering and i will be glad to answer them
we have been using them for 5 months

roo

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 09:47:06 pm »
warren i have had the 50 ltr omnitrolly for over a year.its true to say that a hose reel makes all the differance.what i did was drill 2 holes into the handle and had a custom made hose reel holder(just designed to hold handle) fitted.have a 30 metre hose on board.i have alloy ramps to wheel trolley in van.i would say the omni trolley is still the best around.you will learn to improvise to suit your needs with it.mine looks the biz!

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 10:15:52 pm »
The  Omnitrolley is an excellent piece of kit backed up by a company that looks after its customers very well. I have seen it in action, used it and heard nothing but good reports about Omnipole.

At the time I think they only had the 50 ltr classic model available when I was looking to go water fed. Honestly it was the main "off the shelf" contender for my window cleaning business and if I hadn't gone to the lengths of having my trolly designed and built for me it would be the one I would be using now.

It really is all down to which system you think will suit your needs best Warren.

Either way you will get great back up.

Cheers

Andrew

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 10:20:29 pm »
warren i have had the 50 ltr omnitrolly for over a year.its true to say that a hose reel makes all the differance.what i did was drill 2 holes into the handle and had a custom made hose reel holder(just designed to hold handle) fitted.have a 30 metre hose on board.i have alloy ramps to wheel trolley in van.i would say the omni trolley is still the best around.you will learn to improvise to suit your needs with it.mine looks the biz!

Hey Roo.
Any chance of a picture of how you have fitted that reel onto the old style Omnitrolley please?  Maybe I could sort something similar out myself if it looks workable?

roo

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 11:25:57 pm »
have too work out how to include picture.its not anything high tech just something i thought about and a customer had a bit of sheet metal lying around and bent and shaped it to hang a standard hose reel off it.does the job.cheers

paulwest

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 09:44:38 pm »
Hi All
I have been using the classic omnitrolly for over a year now and cannot fault it at all. The large wheels are great as some gardens are like mini obstacle courses but i think its down to your own personal preference and your main type of work i do mostly residential.

P.S I would love to see a picture of how you have added a hose reel to your trooly Roo I could do with something similar

Paul