Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david knowles

Anyone do domestic yearly contracts
« on: February 06, 2013, 07:09:00 pm »
I had a business repairing and servicing golf buggies in Spain which was gradually eroded by lots of competition.
In hind site if I had customers on yearly contracts this may have protected my customer base.
I wondered does anyone have their customers on contracts and if so how is that working for you.
Thanks Dave
I used to be a tight Yorkshire git ! but now im a recycle Eco warrior.

Max Campbell

Re: Anyone do domestic yearly contracts
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »
We do a bit. Our latest version is - choose the rooms you want to cover (thinking of going to whole house only), you pay half the normal clean & protect price on the day (we now only do it with protection), then you pay 1/12 of the normal C&P price every month (so 6 months after the clean its equals).

We used say we'd do one highlight clean after 6 months, then a full C&P at the anniversary, and so on. Now we still write at 6 months with a reminder, but they are welcome to call us out to do anything they want doing in the covered rooms at any time. So she might want another full clean done in 6 months, 'cos the in-laws are coming, or whatever. She will call us if she spills a drink, or maybe 1 room needs doing 3 or 4 times a year, but the others just once.

If they like it, they love it. We haven't had a serious push at them since we've evolved the latest version - we found expecting to come back every 6 months was just too much for the customers - they don't want you that often, but it does mean that even in the worst month you've got cash flowing positively, the competition don't get a look in, and you get the value of a full C&P every year.

Robert Watson

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:14:08 pm »
Hi Max Looking forward to chatting to you about this at the TACCA day.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Max Campbell

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:48:54 pm »
Hi Max Looking forward to chatting to you about this at the TACCA day.

OK, see you there.