This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DG Cleaning

Toying with the idea of getting a controller.
« on: February 02, 2013, 08:25:52 am »
I've been thinking of getting a controller, it would mean filling the van less probably save on resin too. I've seen a few folk on here (who are more experienced than me) say its better to use a very high flow and work quicker. If so is there any point in having a controller?

AuRavelling79

Re: Toying with the idea of getting a controller.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:20:40 am »
Not for me.
It's a game of three halves!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:45:51 am »
I've worked both ways and a controller is the way to go! Saves water, saves battery power and just makes the job so much easier. ;)
Be warned though, many on here don't know how to use them or fully understand how they work either, so be prepared for some silly answers. :)

formb

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:57:42 am »
Without a shadow of a doubt you need to get one.

The normal pressure and flow from a 100psi pump (that's what we use as it runs 2 poles) is 4 or 5 times what you need for 1 pole.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 10:01:04 am »
I've not used one yet but 400L lasts me a day with a bit left over, and battery is ok. Not sure if I work fast or not as I've never watched anyone do it (mostly trad wc in Barnsley). Seems to me if you have a very high flow then what's the point of a controller?

formb

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:28:10 am »
Seems to me if you have a very high flow then what's the point of a controller?

You are not going to increase the flow with a controller, the pump is set to maximum without one. The point of the controller is to reduce the flow so you use less water.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 10:36:45 am »
 I know its to reduce the flow, my point being that if you have your controller set to the max then surely that negates the need for it

Lee GLS

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:40:16 am »
If you want to save water then yes, definetly get a controller, get yourself the gardiners liquid logic controller, I have got 2, and they are 2.5 years old and have never had a problem, once the calibration is set properly you will it have a problem.

The varistream controller seems to have problem from what I have read and do not seem as reliable, I could be wrong though.

Some people have problems with digital controllers because they do not set them up properly, or there is a problem with dirty connections.

formb

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 10:43:32 am »
I know its to reduce the flow, my point being that if you have your controller set to the max then surely that negates the need for it

Of course putting a controller in and setting it to max is a bit pointless. No one does that though surely?

DG Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 01:57:47 pm »
A few people on here in the last few weeks have said they use a very high flow rate to get through work quicker

Tom White

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 02:58:54 pm »
I've been thinking of getting a controller, it would mean filling the van less probably save on resin too. I've seen a few folk on here (who are more experienced than me) say its better to use a very high flow and work quicker. If so is there any point in having a controller?

That would be like downgrading from a Jaguar to a Ford Fiesta.

Flow controllers are for girls.

That is all.

ascjim

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 03:50:42 pm »
Having a higher flow doesn't make a window any cleaner or make you clean them quicker.

Would you rather save water and still clean windows at the same speed and to the same quality? Makes sense to me.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 04:05:59 pm »
i disagree james.you can work far quicker with a high flow rate IMO.esp on regular maintenance cleans where the windows are not too dirty.you can rinse quicker and clean some windows in less than 10 seconds.

i have a flow controller set at 70-80.

the last few weeks ive been shaving at least an hour a day (off time taken with a lower flow rate.)just goes to show even after 3 years of wfp i can still learn something!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 04:13:12 pm »
I remember when I first put my system together, I had no controller and garden hose pipe. After cleaning 1 house and using 250 litres I knew controllers were a must  ;D

Now, we have 6mm hose and controller on about a quarter, windows get perfectly clean and water lasts all day  :D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 04:16:48 pm »

That would be like downgrading from a Jaguar to a Ford Fiesta.

Flow controllers are for girls.

That is all.

Thanks Tosh ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 04:38:21 pm »
Absolute waste of time and money. I ditched mine.

Just put a tap on your belt between the pole hose and the reel hose if you want to reduce the flow.

It's a game of three halves!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 04:44:57 pm »
I stand by my statement in reply No-2.  ;)

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 04:50:59 pm »
DG ive got one for sale if you are intrested £50 like new im only in barnsley aswell
where theres muck theres money

DG Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 04:58:25 pm »
DG ive got one for sale if you are intrested £50 like new im only in barnsley aswell

Cheers mate, I've actually ordered a variable speed controller to build one myself. If I get round to it I'll try that. I have a pole tap that I turn off between windows so I can manage withheld 400L but filling is a pain because I haven't got a drive to park on that's the only reason i'd consider a controller.

James archell

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 05:29:35 pm »
I remember when I first put my system together, I had no controller and garden hose pipe. After cleaning 1 house and using 250 litres I knew controllers were a must  ;D

Now, we have 6mm hose and controller on about a quarter, windows get perfectly clean and water lasts all day  :D

Thats not because you've got a controller thats because you've not got 1/2" pipe.

A 1/2" hose-pipe will use 4 times the amount of water than a 6mm pipe.