This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cec838

Starting up window cleaning
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:30 pm »
Hello guys.

Was wondering if some u guys could help me out please?

I'm lookung at starting window cleaning in Milton Keynes as a part time job. I'm not looking at getting hundreds of customers just 20-40 and I be very happy as I have another job that pays my bills.

Ive moved into a new housing estate and not seen one cleaner yet so thinking of giving it ago. the estate is mainly 3 story houses.

Here's the problem I have no idea what u charge? Ect. I see its normally £1 window but is that the same on a 3 story? And in Milton Keynes?

I'm looking at getting some leafets out and see what interest Is, as most houses are the same I'd rather just say on it what I would charge rather then diff prices for different people.

Looking at using a water feed pole as height of houses, would this be any good?

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=131_248&product_id=1379

Any help and I be very grateful and I hope to here from you.

Lee

Sonners

Re: Starting up window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:03:19 pm »
Hey, you can actually get a book from amazon on how to build a water fed pole sytem, 3 storys i would charge around £10 4 weekly or £15 8 weekly, always maintaining the frames and doors as standard, people will pay abit more for a better service. get yourself some flyers and get out there ASAP. good luck
Sexy Sonya

IClean And Clear

Re: Starting up window cleaning
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:09:53 pm »
I'm just starting up and have been advised £10 should be the min price and work up from there. You can't do 2nd floor of a town house from a ladder as it's to n
high to get public liabity cover as it's rather dangerous to be cleaning windows from a ladder at that height. Therefore a town house should cost more as the wfp kit has to be paid for and trad. Window cleaners are not an option. Also there would be more windows and more time effort and water.