Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dominic Carnell

Re: Putting prices on websites
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2013, 12:36:45 pm »
Links from spam web directories will kill a good website, in terms of SEO, even if the 'site has great content.

#killer penguin

Mike Halliday

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2013, 01:13:05 pm »
so how do i get rid of all these links? and who put  them there in the first place?

i always though external links couldn't harm a website as this would be a way to sabotage competing companies websites, all you need to do is sign them up to every spam links site you can find and watch their ranking fall
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dominic Carnell

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2013, 01:47:15 pm »
i always though external links couldn't harm a website as this would be a way to sabotage competing companies websites, all you need to do is sign them up to every spam links site you can find and watch their ranking fall

Negative SEO (attacking another website) can be a problem: http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2290087/Negative-SEO-Case-Study-How-to-Uncover-an-Attack-Using-a-Backlink-Audit

http://moz.com/blog/google-disavow-tool Makes interesting reading re removing back links.

It's really a case of manually contacting the website owners to request the link is removed.

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2013, 01:54:21 pm »
so how do i get rid of all these links? and who put  them there in the first place?

If you look at a terms page: http://linkexpert.co.uk/page/terms-of-use.html
you will see athe bottom:

Important:-

Process of Link Removal-

It must be remembered that all featured links for which you have paid could be removed when a request is made by the link owner as you have paid for them. However, the free links cannot be removed with a request through email. For removal of such links, we charge $5 for each link. Since we have provided the free links for SEO purposes free of charge, the removal will be charged. This is a part of our terms and conditions. Therefore, if you don’t agree, do not use our directory.

Did you employ anyone such as an SEO'er that may have added these links, if so I would ask them if they can remove them.

If not, then I would email the above and request removal as they were added without your authorisation.
I would also add in the email that if they are not removed, you will report the site as spam to Google.
I would also include ALL the links and request that they are All removed.

In the meantime I would collect all the links (and any other spam links that you are certain of) and use the webmaster disavow tool.....disavowing each whole domain as eg- domain:bad-link-site.com (not the actual page of your listing).
So one line on the disavow text file would look like this- domain:linkexpert.co.uk

I'm sceptical at the mo if the disavow tool actually works, some say they have had succsess and others not.
I submitted a disavow file many weeks ago and still waiting to see any result.
I've seen that a  google engineer says that after submission it may take several weeks for google to process the request and then
you would have to wait for the next Penguin update.

garry22

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2013, 04:16:57 pm »
Here's something I received a while ago.

It's a request to remove links from a site that I own (but have not touched in a long time). It was a site that published articles.

Basically, this clown spammed that site and now wants his spammy links removed. Apparently it was some dirty rotten scoundrel of an SEO er who did the spamming.. not him!

The reason I gave up running the site was that it took too long to vet all the articles for spam. Now he has got hit by Penguin (he has 30,000 = spammed links) he wants me to go into that site, find his links, delete them and then let him know.

He has paid a company to look after this work for him (what a joke). If I do not remove the links the site will go on his disavow list and be blacklisted anyway.

A Request For Your Help

Sunday 20th of October 2013 09:47:48 PM

Registration Private Domains By Proxy, LLC

Dear Registration Private Domains By Proxy, LLC:

We have discovered that a company we hired to help promote our website gundogsonline.com have used a variety of questionable  techniques to secure links to our website. These links were placed purely for SEO purposes, with the intention of manipulating search rankings.

It appears that there may be links like this that have been placed on your site.

The presence of these links is harmful to our site's good standing with search engines, and unfortunately, retaining them may also be potentially harmful to your own website's reputation.

We would ask that you please remove any links on your site that link to gundogsonline.com.

So far as we are aware, there are (or have been) links at these URLs:

LIST OF 7 LINKS

We would greatly appreciate your help with resolving this problem.

You can also let us know once the links to gundogsonline.com have been removed either by return email, or using the link below.

If you need any more information from us, please email me and I will be happy to assist.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and do appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey English

The following url will allow you to let us know that the links were removed.  This url is
provided only for ease of use.  If you are not comfortable with clicking a link please email us back and let us know it is done.
http://www.rmoov.com/domain_cleanup.php?id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By the way, Google does not actually tell him which links are wrong. He (or his "recovery company" are just guessing. Google just asks them to submit a list of links that they THINK may be causing the problem.

All that he is actually doing is sticking his hand up and saying to Google "hey I cheated you. Now I've admitted it, please put me back to the top of your rankings now"

He spammed my site heavily and now wants me (and probably a host of others) to get him out of trouble.

This is how Google took down a lot of blog networks. People panicked and gave them details of the

Darran Pryce

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2013, 04:50:11 pm »
I was cleaning a carpet when the next door neighbour came out and asked me to quote her living room carpet.  100% wool, smallish back to back terrace house.  I quoted £50 for 1 carpet, she replied why do I think that's a lot of money?!  I replied how much did you pay for your carpet? £1200, so I said £50 for one carpet to be cleaned is cheap, compared with  replacing the carpet!

Can't do with people like that who want things for nothing...

Don't get a lot of them thank goodness. 

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2013, 06:20:02 pm »
I was cleaning a carpet when the next door neighbour came out and asked me to quote her living room carpet.  100% wool, smallish back to back terrace house.  I quoted £50 for 1 carpet, she replied why do I think that's a lot of money?!  I replied how much did you pay for your carpet? £1200, so I said £50 for one carpet to be cleaned is cheap, compared with  replacing the carpet!

Can't do with people like that who want things for nothing...

Don't get a lot of them thank goodness. 

Seriously and did she book you?   She was prob think £20 for it.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2013, 08:56:55 pm »
No mate she didn't.  When we know how much work goes in to what we do, pre spray, oreck for agitation, carpet cleaning, our carpet cleaning solutions, then hard graft, plus cost for running your van... then I won't lower my price.  I have too much good work commercial and domestic and a lot of regular customers to just say I will do your carpet for £20!  Not worth it mate.

neil 47

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2013, 12:35:14 am »
Mike

Just use adwords until your site gets sorted , or buy another called beverleyandhullcarpetandupholsterycleaners.co.uk  then link it to yours then use a redirect should rank in about 5 to 6 months with a bit of work

Neil
IICRC

bennymon

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2013, 02:32:59 pm »
I hate all this lark I just want to be a fuc###g carpet cleaner lol

derek west

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2013, 05:19:31 pm »
Exactly, and thats what i do. leave all that blox to the experts and get on with what i do best, eating macdonalds.  ;D oh and i'm quite good at carpet cleaning too.

neil 47

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2013, 07:41:19 am »

Benny
You will always struggle, if its one thing I have learnt its not about being a cc .

Darran

Your wife gets it and is doing a fine job. .

Look at all the successfully carpet cleaners they all tend to have partners that compliment them , its very difficult to succeed on your own , all good business people build teams and hire people that are good at specific jobs,

Exactly, and thats what i do. leave all that blox to the experts and get on with what i do best, eating macdonalds.  Grin oh and i'm quite good at carpet cleaning too.
IICRC

bennymon

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2013, 02:43:34 pm »
Bo#####s to carpet cleaning I've decided to dedicate all my time to mcdonalds  ;) ;) ;)