This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Window Cleaner jailed
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:25:46 pm »
A window cleaner from my neck of the woods has been jailed for rape.

Another case of giving us Windies a bad name. Gets all he deserves

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/fpfalmouth/10160895.Penryn_window_cleaner_jailed_for_rape/

PoleKing

Re: Window Cleaner jailed
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 03:51:10 pm »
Why do they even need to put that he's a window cleaner.
It's almost as pointless as when they say how much people's houses are worth.
"Mr Smith returned to his £500,000 home after the accident" etc.
Papers-eejits
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 03:59:51 pm »
He looks like a window licker tho
You can't polish a turd

Ben wood

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 04:00:54 pm »
Just another way to make us look like scum bags.

Richard60

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 04:06:43 pm »
i thought it was that one from swansea ( cleaning firm )who has nt paid me my money

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 04:35:28 pm »
He had a good work ethic just fffffffing mad, scum.

SPE

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 04:45:43 pm »
I'm sorry but i fail to see how this gives window cleaners a bad name anymore than a taxi driver convicted of rape would give taxi drivers a bad name. Utter nonsense.

JackieW

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 04:58:39 pm »
Good behaviour and he could be out in 5 years. Not bad if you like 14 year old girls. She''ll still be a teenager when he gets out.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 05:08:17 pm »
Richard

Have you heard anything about your payment yet ?

Richard60

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 06:06:53 pm »
not yet dave . thanks

Llaaww

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 08:11:52 pm »
Just another gap in the market...... Oh and a nonce.
if it is dirty it is fair game

soapy

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 07:35:45 am »
Utter nonce-sence
Soapy window cleaner

Fin Clearview

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 08:57:28 am »
Just a shame he didn't get the death penalty - scum, i hope he gets battered.

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 09:58:56 am »
I don't know about others but I don't feel that he gave anyone a bad name but himself.  I'm as sound as ever.  How sound that is is open to debate of course but certainly not affected by some rapist who happens to earn a living the same way I do.

Hi Paul,

My take on this.

When his existing customers read the papers and discovered this, I wonder how they felt at that time? He could have raped me. (We don't know who he raped and when and if they were known to each other etc., but would his customers ask those questions? I don't think they would.)

I think that they would certainly be very wary of the next window cleaner that came knocking on their door canvassing for business. In fact some many think they had a 'close shave' and not employ a cleaner again at all. I think they would be at the very least cautious, and that the next cleaner would be one recommended by a friend.

So yes, he gave himself a bad name no question, but I feel his actions will have a negative impact on how those who read this and react to it in how they treat their window cleaner - even if its just a little more cautiously. If that does happen then his actions have given fellow cleaners a bad press.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

gary999

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 10:15:08 am »
I don't know about others but I don't feel that he gave anyone a bad name but himself.  I'm as sound as ever.  How sound that is is open to debate of course but certainly not affected by some rapist who happens to earn a living the same way I do.

Hi Paul,

My take on this.

When his existing customers read the papers and discovered this, I wonder how they felt at that time? He could have raped me. (We don't know who he raped and when and if they were known to each other etc., but would his customers ask those questions? I don't think they would.)

I think that they would certainly be very wary of the next window cleaner that came knocking on their door canvassing for business. In fact some many think they had a 'close shave' and not employ a cleaner again at all. I think they would be at the very least cautious, and that the next cleaner would be one recommended by a friend.

So yes, he gave himself a bad name no question, but I feel his actions will have a negative impact on how those who read this and react to it in how they treat their window cleaner - even if its just a little more cautiously. If that does happen then his actions have given fellow cleaners a bad press.

nah i wouldnt worry like most things read in newspapers it will be soon forgotten
and will end up as they used to say next days chip shop paper

i havent had one customer ring me up and cancel because they might think
i am a rapist because im a window cleaner when there is so many other things
i could be a murderer a thief etc jeeez! ;D

the guys occupation has nothing to do with him being a sicko...this is the problem
when window cleaners start attempting to think it all gets unnecessarily
complicated and we have a mass panic ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 10:23:44 am »

Hi Paul,

My take on this.

Conversely, it might make them more appreciative of their decent window cleaner.
Your job doesn't make you a rapist. He's a rapist who does this job.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:43 am »
Maybe he doesn't give us a bad name, I don't really know why I wrote that, my post was just to show you all the link

But I would say over the years there has been many a story about dodgy window cleaners and the publics perceptions of them

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 11:40:43 am »
Even worse! He's ex-forces too!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 11:43:34 am »
thankfully it appears he didn't use window cleaning to commit these crimes

had it been so then yes the trade would take a hit esp. in that part of the country, but like all things it
will be forgotten in a few days when more important stuff like who's sleeping with who in one of the
soaps

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Llaaww

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 11:47:03 am »
I already have one of his customers. My mrs works over that side, her mate came to her and asked if I could do hers now that he is gone.

She is horrified that this bloke had worked for her as she has a teenage daughter. No doubt therre will be others that follow.
if it is dirty it is fair game