This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard60

backpack filling
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:05:49 pm »
at the moment we use barrels . if we put in a 600ltr tank in back of van .

what would be the best way to transfer water from tank to backpacks .
we use backpacks because we find it better on our round .if we put in tank we could use reel .for one or two of the bigger jobs .
thanks

garryh69

Re: backpack filling
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:31:08 pm »
Hi, I have a 700 litre tank in my van and I transfer water into 25 litre barrels whilst I am working near the van to keep an eye on the filling. I used to use backpacks but in the last few years have resorted to strapping them to a sack barrow which can be bought from b&q much easier to get around

simonr

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 01:35:27 pm »
i work with a tank & backpack, i had a 1" tap to a hoselock fitting & a bit of garden hose to fill up with but takes ages  i have just bought a tap kit so i know have a 1" outlet as well. i got 1" hose from an agricultural engineers as b&q etc dont have it that big,but its quite cheap off ebay an all

http://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/taps_&_valves/tap_kit_1_-_%281%22_outlet%29

this should fill my backpack in seconds, not fitted it yet but should be done over over weekend & i'll try & put some picks up

i only have a few big jobs so dont use a reel & pump but i may get 1 fitted by drilling a separate hole in the tank

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 08:52:50 pm »
i work with a tank & backpack, i had a 1" tap to a hoselock fitting & a bit of garden hose to fill up with but takes ages  i have just bought a tap kit so i know have a 1" outlet as well. i got 1" hose from an agricultural engineers as b&q etc dont have it that big,but its quite cheap off ebay an all

http://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/taps_&_valves/tap_kit_1_-_%281%22_outlet%29

this should fill my backpack in seconds, not fitted it yet but should be done over over weekend & i'll try & put some picks up

i only have a few big jobs so dont use a reel & pump but i may get 1 fitted by drilling a separate hole in the tank
Hi again Kybl,if you are thinking of using a reel & pump in future as well as a gravity feed you may be able to do this from the one outlet you already have,might be difficult to source but what you would need would be a 1" T piece,you would then need to use 2 tap valves, 1"tap to divert water to the gravity feed and one to divert water to the pump.You would maybe have to reduce from 1" down to a 15mm tap valve on the pump side, (but not certain on this) hope this makes sense.

simonr

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:42:50 pm »
yeh i see what you mean,thanks  but it will be ages before i get round to doing that, in the meantime i'm bursting to put the new tap in but l've got a full tank as i couldn't work today but i can tell just by looking at it how much faster it will be so i cant thank you enough for showing me that, i'm either gonna earn loads more or more likely work even less hours a day  ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:09:08 pm »
Aye it's a great feeling when you find ways to improve your working day,nothing worse than standing around at van waiting ages for backpacks to fill. Remember and let me know how long it takes to fill backpack when you get the new tap fitted,cheers

tomasxguty

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 09:11:08 am »
Hi. I have solved this problem by installing 12v in line pump that is connected to a leasure battery. Filling time less then a minute.
See one of these http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/261328076490?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true
No more wasting time
Regards