Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: TACCA DAY
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 07:37:23 pm »
Russ, a democratic elected Committee is the foundation and back-bone of every successful organisation. I don't like
DICTATORSHIPS! 

Wow, who rattled your cage?
You've clearly looked into this to come up with your own conclusions.
How do you know there aren't plans to create an elected committee? or that there isn't already some form of committee already in place?
These TACCA days have already been confirmed by those who have attended to be the most imformative of any similar thing either running or previously run by other organisations.
I think you'll find the majority approve, and that's your democracy problem solved ;D

bennymon

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 03:02:57 pm »
Looking forward to it Derek has done a great job and its great to catch up with old and new faces . We will all come away with something because we all have different ways of doing things . Just a shame it's not in guildford lol.  Del

Allan Simmons

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 05:42:42 pm »
What one guy has pulled off at his own expense, in his own time for the benefit of so many other cleaners deserves supporting in my opinion.  Last years event was brilliant, and this years looks like it wil be even better.

Paul Moss

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 06:30:01 pm »
This hotel is walking distance from venue and has only 20 rooms, about a third booked now so be quick  :D

TACCA day accomodation
the closest hotel is the Hartford hall. I've managed to get a 20% discount so if you ring up to book then quote TACCA123 and you'll get the discount, i know mossy, billy and ashley have booked this hotel all ready this hotel is within walking distance to the venue. there are also quite a few premier inns and travel lodges with a few miles of the venue (not sure if they do breakfast) and there is a happy guest hotel in lower whitley on the A49 that has good value for money with breakfast included. this one is around 3 miles from the venue. hope this helps.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 06:42:46 pm »
Can i make a suggestion for something.

have a professional photographer in attendance who can sell his time by the half hour,

what most carpet cleaners want (but have difficulty obtaining) is professional photos for leaflets and websites, the problem is usually the cost of hiring a pro for a photo shoot, you can hire a pro photographer for £400 a day that is 16  people paying £25.

you can  do headshots, a holding wand shot, a holding  handtool shot ..etc,,,etc..etc

why do you think I'm on half the websites & leaflets in the UK....... no one has any professional photos of themselves

it will cost TACCA nothing and will be something  usefull
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2013, 06:56:16 pm »
Will look into that cheers mike. a friend of a friend has just started up so might be worth asking if he wants some practice ;)

Paul Moss

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2013, 07:13:54 pm »
no Mick your on the leaflets because your the best looking  ;)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2013, 07:24:39 pm »
Yea.... I've got the best looking hands or best looking legs but have you noticed not many photos show my face :-\ :-\

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Billy Russell

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:21 pm »
Yea.... I've got the best looking hands or best looking legs but have you noticed not many photos show my face :-\ :-\

I've got some with your face on mike, but i have put my competitions details on!!!! Gets me loads of work!!!

;D ;D ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2013, 07:52:40 pm »
So who's doing the makeup and hair tips?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

*Hector*

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2013, 07:59:09 pm »
Jim Neal is the make up queen...

And I think Derek is the one for hair tips

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Russ Chadd

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2013, 08:41:17 pm »
Hotel booked... 26th - 28th

Anyone going to be travelling up from the Guildford area on the Friday? looking to share a ride and the fuel costs rather than take separate motors?

Let me know

Cheers

Russ  :D

Kev Loomes

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2013, 08:54:28 pm »
I think Steve Barnett is down that way Russ.

Billy Russell

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2013, 09:00:26 pm »
I think Steve Barnett is down that way Russ.

Magnum PI!! He might bring his Ferrari!

;D ;D

Neil Jones

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2013, 09:36:13 pm »
I'm actually really gutted I can't attend. I have a stag do that day/night at Haydock races, it's only 30 minutes away. I was thinking of maybe attending at 9am till around 12-1pm ish, is it worth it for that amount of time or will I miss most things?

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2013, 11:00:51 am »
So where is everyone staying

AshWhite

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2013, 11:04:03 am »
Rich,
Paul Moss said:
This hotel is walking distance from venue and has only 20 rooms, about a third booked now so be quick 

TACCA day accomodation
the closest hotel is the Hartford hall. I've managed to get a 20% discount so if you ring up to book then quote TACCA123 and you'll get the discount, i know mossy, billy and ashley have booked this hotel all ready this hotel is within walking distance to the venue. there are also quite a few premier inns and travel lodges with a few miles of the venue (not sure if they do breakfast) and there is a happy guest hotel in lower whitley on the A49 that has good value for money with breakfast included. this one is around 3 miles from the venue. hope this helps.

Apparently you have to tell them you're with TACCA or they'll say they're full.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

james roffey

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2013, 01:20:36 pm »
If someone doesn't want to take advantage of what TACCA offers free of charge and any effort of their part because the guys running it are not elected then let them it's their loss, perhaps if TACCA is prepared to do a head to head demo between powerburst and white spirit mixed in water as a pre spray he may attend, but i doubt it after 27 years cleaning carpets surely there's nothing left to learn.

Anyone travelling up from Essex or the South East ?

derek west

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2013, 02:41:50 pm »
 ;D

1 room left at the Hartford hall hotel

I've just been to our local pub and they have a single room, double room and a family room available, this pub is 200 yards from the venue. they've said they will do £5 off the room rate for us which was nice, just quote TACCA again. its the red lion in Hartford. Thats it, the rest are premier Inns and travellodges, oh and the happy guest lodge.

theres all ready a few booked at the premier inn in leftwich/davenham (about 2.4 miles from the venue) i think there doing an offer, heres what john said.........it was double room and for the 2 nights £76 + £22.99 for meal deal breakfast and evening meal so all in £121.98 which I thought was pretty good.
john

Paul Moss

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2013, 06:23:33 pm »
over the past 7 years ive done a few of these days, but its looking like this one is going to be the best.

We are into day 3 of announcing this and its still months a way so Dont Hang around if you want to stay out and meet the guys ( you learn just as much over a pint on the night and especially the secret tips  ;) )  Get yourself booked out before all accomodation is gone.

Cant wait for this one  :)