Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Re: -7 outside shall i even bother trying?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 11:25:00 am »
-3 here was gona go at 11 sod it ill work Saturday instead gona put the kettle on

Just been outside and poured some water on the ground - it froze in a few minutes.

Am now definitely having the day off.

Have just put the kettle on also.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Klean07

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 11:30:07 am »
As others have said on here its just not worth it for the sake of a few days. Its bad enough if we slip but when the custie slips and does some damage then thats another story!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Mike #1

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 11:35:06 am »
Up to -2 now drove 2 miles to a big house looks like I could now get a good half day at least. Mike

home6442

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 01:35:50 pm »
Especially with all these no win no fee claim companys on the go.
Far too easy and tempting for custys to make a claim.
Not worth the risk, work longer and smarter in the warmer months.

Granny

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 01:37:26 pm »
-4 done a lot better than my first attempt a few weeks ago when the poles froze on the first job.
Got the water up to about 20 degrees with the immersion for an hour or so this morning and this time I circulated it through the reel before setting out.  :-[
It's been o.k. this morning about 2 or 3 degrees coming out of the brush but trad the doors and windows above doors which is a real pain but at least still working and not creating a slip hazard.
Tea n toast then going back out :( :(
g.

Fakenham Tony

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 02:29:15 pm »
Was minus 10 here this morning, my tank is just a block of ice, was thinking what the world record is for the largest vodka, coke and ice  :)
In March 2012 I am undertaking a massive challenge to swim 6.4km, cycle 337km and run 83km over 7 days from London to Birmingham to raise money for the charity Diabetes UK
www.brumorbust.com

robertphil

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 02:34:06 pm »
was mighty chilly first thing today "a hore frost" and boy were my workers sqwarking !!  "this is crazy,it wont work ,fingernails feel as if they are growing into the skin ,blah blah blah

i kept up a deadpan / slightly smiling expression on my face as i worked alongside them and now and then i  mentioned "i can feel the sun on my back,quite hot isnt it " as a sort of encouragement to them

g.brookes

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 02:37:52 pm »
I actually got quite warm today. Made a good deal of money, well worth the hassle

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 02:40:15 pm »
was mighty chilly first thing today "a hore frost" and boy were my workers sqwarking !!  "this is crazy,it wont work ,fingernails feel as if they are growing into the skin ,blah blah blah

i kept up a deadpan / slightly smiling expression on my face as i worked alongside them and now and then i  mentioned "i can feel the sun on my back,quite hot isnt it " as a sort of encouragement to them

did you use some sort of anti freeze bobby & did you start any later? you in ipswich totay or colchester?
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

robertphil

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:03 pm »
normal start time .  iv been adding a good gloop of car antifreeze to the buckets and have a stash of happy antifreeze now in the van so theres no reason to delay the start! .   we were in felixstowe/walton  today ,ipswich tomoro    

by the way Dan ,that good looker-serial bad payer in Gainsboro road surprisingly paid me online last night, did she feel guilty for owing me ? or maybe that tasty nanny of theirs (that i rowed with but ended up as friends-of a sort )put in a good word for me .

SimonBurton

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 02:54:32 pm »
Rotten n stowmarket today, not helped by fact van off road ATM....

Klean07

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »
Tomorrow is a better day according to weathermen. Its going to get up to 1 degrees woopee!! I'll be out all day then.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 03:11:41 pm »
normal start time .  iv been adding a good gloop of car antifreeze to the buckets and have a stash of happy antifreeze now in the van so theres no reason to delay the start! .   we were in felixstowe/walton  today ,ipswich tomoro    

by the way Dan ,that good looker-serial bad payer in Gainsboro road surprisingly paid me online last night, did she feel guilty for owing me ? or maybe that tasty nanny of theirs (that i rowed with but ended up as friends-of a sort )put in a good word for me .

Bobby not telling you how to suck eggs but i hope you and your boys are wearing waterproof gloves using anti freeze i only say this as your obviously tougher than me working today!  :o  :)

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 03:15:22 pm »

it cant be guilt otherwise i would still be cleaning her windows! i only charged £10 and she still owes me!  :o

now you know that was SERIOUSLY underpriced, you would think the customer would know they are on a good thing and at least pay up once in a while!

robertphil

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 03:20:27 pm »
i was the only 1 not wearing any gloves and still no coat ! . i believe the others (2 girls) had 2 pairs of gloves on each and 4 pairs of sox

was funny yest one of them had 5 layers of clothing on  but ended up doing an inside job and absolutely roasted in it

robertphil

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 03:36:20 pm »

it cant be guilt otherwise i would still be cleaning her windows! i only charged £10 and she still owes me!  :o

now you know that was SERIOUSLY underpriced, you would think the customer would know they are on a good thing and at least pay up once in a while!
agree with you,£10 for that big georgian was too low.  iv a feeling she will contact me to restart her cleaning ,if by chance she does i will be bringing up the subject of  my friend  Dan ,we agree youre a good looking woman but  whatabout his money 

ALF.LEVER

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 03:46:43 pm »
Hi, if all wfp workers have hot water why you not workin not had a day of this year 8-4 everyday , don't clean any door areas explain to custies they will understand fill trolley with hot water work all day no probs , packed trad window cleaning in 5years ago cause of not workin due to ice / wind and pad stuck to icey windows, all the best !

Steve Sed

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 04:29:44 pm »
I worked today. -4 first thing and water froze on a lean to, but carried on avoiding WFP on doors and used salt once or twice. This weather may last a while so all those staying at home for fear of upset customers might soon have to go out when the mortgage becomes due. I wonnder if the people not going out are the same ones that are afraid of upsetting customers when there's a threat of rain.  ;)

deeege

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 04:49:05 pm »
I worked today. -4 first thing and water froze on a lean to, but carried on avoiding WFP on doors and used salt once or twice. This weather may last a while so all those staying at home for fear of upset customers might soon have to go out when the mortgage becomes due. I wonnder if the people not going out are the same ones that are afraid of upsetting customers when there's a threat of rain.  ;)

It's times like this that I have an emergency fund set aside for. It would need to stay frozen until well into April for me to worry about my Mortgage payments :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Steve Sed

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

It's times like this that I have an emergency fund set aside for. It would need to stay frozen until well into April for me to worry about my Mortgage payments :)
Lucky you. But my point really is less to do with money and more to do with attitude.