This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

nearly hit my employee today!!
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:52:55 pm »
had been leaflet droppin with one of staff today in a place 6 miles from where were based when we rang other team to see how they were getting on as it was 3.45pm they said they were in area near my mums going to do the two quotes so i instructed lad with me to tell one of them too canvass houses near the quotes and when he was told the lad huff n puffed moaning basically and said ok

i knew at this point that he wouldnt do as told so i decided to go n find where they were quoting and sit off in the fog and see if they went canvassing anyhow they were no where to be seen in the area so drove bit furthur up to local shops and spotted them in the street sat off it was about 4pm so pulled up n waited for 25 mins while they were chatting to someone leaning in the van.they pulled off eventually and drove to first house to quote we pulled up 50 yards behind in fog and timed it and they were there 8 minutes getting job on so in this time i rang the same lad asking how he was getting on canvassing so he tells me just waiting in van coz other lads been chatting away to customer for ages not knowing i knew it had been 4 minutes so just said ya meant to be canvassing i told u so he said ok il get out van now which he never!!

it was now about 4.35pm and they pulled up at the next job just down the road they were there 1 minute getting job on and pulled off only to head back to the unit 35minutes early not knowing we were right behind them they thought we had drove to next town up to do a quote followed them all the way back to the unit so i ran out my car and slammed the door on him as he was getting out and threw him about which i shudnt of done but he is a mate too anyway he ran off home away from me

spoke to him since n said he best not ever try and take me for a pr**k again

what would you lot do???
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

dave0123

Re: nearly hit my employee today!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »
employing friends or family is big mistake.

what can you do? nothing this is what employing is all about really no matter what staff you have had they are going to do little stuff like this and skiving off here and there.. didn't you when u was employed? moan huff and puff am sure you did.

Worst thing u could have done was threw him about a bit.. thats not a boss its an idiot and could report you.

been there done it all, its so much less hassle and better on your own.. work when you want go at a speed u want not have to worry about wages.. not worrying about needing to turnover so much to pay for wages and see if anythings left for you. list goes on.
Dave.

Richard60

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:12:06 pm »
as dave said .u give friends or fam a job .n most think they can take the pee .they think they are doing u a fav our .not the other way round .how do i know . i employ my son .

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 08:12:24 pm »
hes a good worker but he got an attitude about him and is so negative always has been ever since hes worked for me during two spells and it rubs off on others were having a competition at moment this month who can bring in most new customers so everyone been really pulling there weight bar him

its just loads of little comments he makes that wind me up and he can never admit he is in the wrong everyone who has met me knows im a mellow guy but when ya push me il bite and he pushed me today doing that.

Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

colin purewater

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:20:42 pm »
I personally won't of done the cloak and dagger stuff sitting in the fog and
What not

" Ring ring".  Get ye arse out the van lads big brother is ALLWAYS watching!

Sound like trouble him rich get shut
Or reduce his hours and hell do you a favour and leave mate
keep it simple

richywilts

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:23:13 pm »
like i said in previous post colin he cant accept blame or critism EVER!!! he can never accept hes in the wrong so it was nice opportunity to prove him wrong today i did have pleasure in catching the little sh*t!!!!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Scrimble

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:28:25 pm »
have you thought about you being the only one who gives quotes richy? i wouldnt let anyone else but myself give out quotes

putting your hands on him is wrong, your not the first boss to have a slacker of an employee, it happens to nearly all businesses

elite mike

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 08:29:40 pm »
as dave said .u give friends or fam a job .n most think they can take the pee .they think they are doing u a fav our .not the other way round .how do i know . i employ my son .

brilliant  ;D ;D ;D ;D

hi tacky

toadstool have just released a new EP, on the website if you are interested.

Richard60

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 08:31:25 pm »
thanks mike i ll have a look in a mo

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 08:38:18 pm »
have you thought about you being the only one who gives quotes richy? i wouldnt let anyone else but myself give out quotes

same here.. why u letting a worker give quotes  ??? that's a management job, what do u actually do if u don't go cleaning and u don't do quotes lol. to me it sounds like your staff run your whole business
Dave.

colin purewater

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 08:40:28 pm »
I get your point rich!
Get a bit of ammo on him So he can't argue

Cut his hours that will give him somethin to moan about  ;)
keep it simple

Joe Martin

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 08:59:59 pm »
 Pay a decent wage and you won't get monkeys.
Get rid you have muppets working for you.

colin purewater

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 09:02:46 pm »

I believe rich does pay well
keep it simple

shina

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 09:35:37 pm »
to true, like a windy told me years ago. "if all you pay is peanuts all you get is monkeys"

Frankybadboy

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 09:40:34 pm »
i believe that you should go on a man management courses, :o :o

simply because you dont know how to treat/train your staff from start to finsh,you allways having problems then you really should be looking at yourself and your company.simply really,

gewindows

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 09:53:25 pm »
Exactly, what that ^^^ fat lard-arse said  ;D

Here's a starter for you Richie, before you go on your man-management course; stop following them, it's like asking your missus if she's ever had a gang-bang before you got together, chances are you're not going to like the answer.

You seem to like to make a rod for your own back. In which case, keep following them.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 09:58:36 pm »
Exactly, what that ^^^ fat lard-arse said  ;D

Here's a starter for you Richie, before you go on your man-management course; stop following them, it's like asking your missus if she's ever had a gang-bang before you got together, chances are you're not going to like the answer.

You seem to like to make a rod for your own back. In which case, keep following them.
you go steady master bateman.you have wide load on your back when you ride that bike

spongebob

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 10:01:46 pm »
Rich,
You are on your way to a nervous breakdown. When you sit in the office you get paranoid that your staff are out to get you. Now you seem to be on the tools you are stalking other staff instead of working yourself. You also didnt earn or canvass while you wasted that time.
As has been mentioned he is your employee so just give this pillock loads of work to do and keep him so busy he cant chat. This would free yourself up to do the canvassing.
It aint rocket science. If you dont like him then get rid!

dave0123

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 10:06:50 pm »
thought he was selling up  ???
Dave.

richywilts

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 10:33:52 pm »
Rich,
You are on your way to a nervous breakdown. When you sit in the office you get paranoid that your staff are out to get you. Now you seem to be on the tools you are stalking other staff instead of working yourself. You also didnt earn or canvass while you wasted that time.
As has been mentioned he is your employee so just give this pillock loads of work to do and keep him so busy he cant chat. This would free yourself up to do the canvassing.
It aint rocket science. If you dont like him then get rid!

hold on mate im certainly not on the way to a nervous breakdown im trying to get to the bottom of a problem ive recently posted that i didnt think these were hitting high enough figures and his attitude werent write today they could have finished there work and been honest today and said were all done at 3ish they had already wasted a bit of time today getting breakfast from greggs this morning and cuming bk unit to eat there lunch for 30mins plus time to and from unit 45mins.i had suspicions that they maybe sitting off on the days without big daily amounts and waiting to cum bk to book in more hours. why shudnt i find out what im spending my money on wages on if i can reduce wage bill.

Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct