This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lisa123

car showrooms
« on: February 09, 2006, 04:07:40 pm »
Hi me again, sorry.
Just wondered if anyone has experience of car showroom cleaning, with office, toilets and kitchette.
I'm off to do a survey and quote next weds
any tips?

MrsMeredith

Re: car showrooms
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 04:17:50 pm »
Hi there Lisa,

What sort of tips do you want in relation to this?

Did the client/customer specify to you what areas of the showroom are to be cleaned, eg: windows, floor, desks etc? How many offices/toilets/kitchens?. Some more info might help us to evaluate what sort of tips you need!

Kind regards

Tracey.

lisa123

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 04:27:32 pm »
Hi
Its just something that i havent done before, never mind quoted for.
Theres 2 showrooms, offices toilets, I'm going to go through the whole thing with them on weds.
Do you think i will have to sort out my own machinery like buffers? or do these places have their own?
Its probably a 2 cleaner job daily for a couple hours, not really sure. They just wanted me to survey and quote.

CMS

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 05:17:44 pm »
Hi Lisa

Would you believe that I've had loads of experience with car showrooms  ;D

Firstly, never presume that you will be using a Clients equipment like you do/can with domestic cleaning. It is very RARE that you can do this.

Secondly, make sure that your insurance is well up to date. Smacking a new car with a buffing machine is NOT like knocking over a box of eggs in a supermarket. Damaged stock and no insurance could finish you. I would have a word with your insurers about this.

With regards to the quote, it's just like anything else apart from the fact that most car showrooms open seven days a week so enhanced payments are probably in order for a weekend (but I know a good way round this which keeps the cost down).

Look at the floor in the showroom. What colour is it? Car dealers are notorious for throwing orange salt down in the winter. When this walks into the showroom how easy will the floor be to keep clean?

Finally, do you want me to come and hold your hand? It's bound to be on my doorstep?

Just looked at the diary and I'm out cleaning a house full of carpets at Sutton Park, Shrewsbury on Wednesday. I can nip away for an hour or so if you need a hand.

lynngc

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 06:12:48 pm »
LISA,
there's an offer you can't refuse, grab both his hands.

lynn
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

lisa123

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 07:34:01 pm »
hiya
it isn't in Shrewsbury  :)
I am checking with my insurers abut showroom cleaning because i'm not sure if i am covered. Have to wait to see what they say.
I'd watch out i might just take you up on the holding hands thing  ;D

lisa123

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 08:01:26 pm »
what machines are we talking about for the showroom area? Is it the buffing machines, like on shop floors ? I used to clean B&Q shop floor, going back 10 years.
We used a bit red machine for polishing the floor once it had all been swept.
Maybe its more of a scrubber dryer polisher type thing, i don't really know.
I suppose it depends on the type of floor they have.
I will factor in machinery when i do the quote, and all equipment and supplies.
What do people charge for this type of clean? prob need 2 cleaners 7 days a week then.

domestic bliss

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 08:19:01 am »
CMS
Isn't lisa lucky to have someone in her area to turn to should she need help and assistance and not in direct competition with her.
Can we have a copy of you in oxfordshire???? ;D

MrsMeredith

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 04:12:58 pm »
Lisa, it sounds like Mr CMS is now your right hand man!! lol, best of luck with your visit and hope you clinch this cleaning job next week!! Good Luck!!

Tracey.x   

lisa123

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 04:14:58 pm »
hi
I have now passed details of this job to him as i am uninsured to do it (far too expensive to up the insurance at the mo)

It is good to have someone to help when they are in your local area, i am very lucky :)

MrsMeredith

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 04:19:13 pm »
Hi Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear that news, i know what you're saying though. You are local-ish to me if ever you want a chat etc do not hesitate to contact Me, Im in Kidderminster!

Tracey.

CMS

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 09:00:30 am »
Lisa

Just spoke to Steph and I'm meeting Ian Jones (General Manager) at 9.00 am on Wednesday morning to quote.

I'll let you know how it went.

Many thanks.

lisa123

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 10:41:13 am »
well done, good luck, hope you get it.  :)
any ideas on my staffing problem yet??

CMS

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 10:43:15 am »
Sorry no, can't help with that I'm afraid. I doubt if you'll get anyone to travel in from outside Telford, not without it costing you the earth.

lisa123

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 10:47:15 am »
oh well, nevermind. thanks for thinking about it.
Maybe i'll get the miracle phone call today, hopefully before 3pm.
Fingers crossed.

CMS

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 11:46:38 am »
Just got back from the appointment and had a good one. It's a nice job worth about £25,000 per annum and an initial clean of around £1,600.

Not sure if we'll get it. He had contractors before who let him down and wen't over to his own cleaners. That's not working so he doesn't know what to do...............!

Lisa, I'll email you a copy of the quote so you can see how we laid it out etc. as you're always asking  :)

If we get it there has to be a little something in it for you - how about getting involved in the initial clean??

lisa123

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 06:50:29 pm »
Hi Karl,
glad it went well  :)
I dont want any thing for it,  :-[ it was a bit too far to travel to anyway.
I'll help if you want it though  :)
That would be great if you could email me the quoting.

By the way, i won a contract to do office cleaning today  ;D
only small, but it's a step up. 1hr per night mon to fri £9 to start then £10 when april comes around. They decided they wanted to hire me before i got there after someone else went roung to quote and weren't very 'proactive' thats what they said i was, proactive in my working, great customer service and willing to compromise. Anything to get happy clients.  All i did was suggest 1 hour per night rather than 5 hours on a saturday/sunday. I offered the  just what they wanted.

It has been a good ay all round for us today

Art

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 06:59:27 pm »
Hi Karl,
glad it went well  :)
I dont want any thing for it,  :-[ it was a bit too far to travel to anyway.
I'll help if you want it though  :)
That would be great if you could email me the quoting.

By the way, i won a contract to do office cleaning today  ;D
only small, but it's a step up. 1hr per night mon to fri £9 to start then £10 when april comes around. They decided they wanted to hire me before i got there after someone else went roung to quote and weren't very 'proactive' thats what they said i was, proactive in my working, great customer service and willing to compromise. Anything to get happy clients.  All i did was suggest 1 hour per night rather than 5 hours on a saturday/sunday. I offered the  just what they wanted.

It has been a good ay all round for us today

Well done Lisa, Hope it's the first of many.

Arthur

CMS

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 07:03:17 pm »
Yes, congratulations....................

The problem is, every time I have to say well done to you I have to kick myself as it's one that I missed!

Still...............well done.

lisa123

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 07:09:37 pm »
Oh Karl what are you like  ;D
Thanks guys.
i'm sending good vibes your way today  ~~~~ (vibes)  :)