Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Anyone using citroen dispatch
« on: December 24, 2012, 02:42:17 pm »
Just bought a Citroen Dispatch L2H1 lwb and am now wondering how best to lay it out, need some way to secure machine (jaguar) in rear, racking for chemicals, somewhere for 2" and 1.5" hoses, hand tools and wand.

Any ideas or photos would be helpful

Email to ian@lionheartcleaning.co.uk

Richard Cole

Re: Anyone using citroen dispatch
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:55:50 pm »
I've got one too, only had a couple of months, let me know when you have worked it out ;D
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 10:53:49 pm »
I have owned Dispatch and now an Expert ( different badge) Great vans.
It is most important that you get some industrial strength superglue. Get the thin grade. Then take the small plastic surround from the lock keyhole. It pulls off quite easily with a couple of fingers under the rim.
You will see the lock cylinder. This has a very convenient rim round the top which a toerag can lever the cylinder out of the housing. I could get a door open in less than 20 seconds.
Work the glue well into the joint between cylinder and housing. Then securely glue the plastic surround back on.
I have had both vans broken into. The first time they got a briefcase type thing with all my homemade carpet repair tools in.
The second time was my fault as I had not glued the lock in, nothing was taken fortunately, I think I disturbed them.
They wont do the same again.

Be warned.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

james roffey

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:28 am »
First thing i put on mu dispatch were slamlocks, expensive but worth it. the original locks are pathetic

johnny bravo

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 04:28:14 pm »
how much are these locks to get fitted

david mitcham

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 08:32:20 pm »
Build a wooden bulkhead/partion across the width of the van so the side loading door area is now separate to the rear door area.
My sliding door area carrys my Bs36, victor rotary,tm4, bravo spotter machine and all
Chemicals.
The rear door area takes jag, wand hoses buckets wands etc, works great for me

stuart_clark

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 11:28:13 pm »
Ian
I bought a 59 plate lwb h1 dispatch three weeks ago, exellent condition 1.6 hdi  it was lined out with white plastic panneling, but I took that out and my brother a joiner ply lined it and buit in two racks over the right hand wheel arch, will be doing the same over the left wheel arch in a few weeks as its just wasted space anyway !
I put my scorpion in the left hand side at the front ( near side ) and pungee cord it down by the stowage loops that are fitted, and on the other side I have two 50ft hose bags, just keeps them tidy and that leaves loads of room for everything else, I think the parking sensors are good as the van is so long
Stuart

p s ive emailed you some photos of my van and racking in place

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 11:51:02 pm »
Ian
I bought a 59 plate lwb h1 dispatch three weeks ago, exellent condition 1.6 hdi  it was lined out with white plastic panneling, but I took that out and my brother a joiner ply lined it and buit in two racks over the right hand wheel arch, will be doing the same over the left wheel arch in a few weeks as its just wasted space anyway !
I put my scorpion in the left hand side at the front ( near side ) and pungee cord it down by the stowage loops that are fitted, and on the other side I have two 50ft hose bags, just keeps them tidy and that leaves loads of room for everything else, I think the parking sensors are good as the van is so long
Stuart

p s ive emailed you some photos of my van and racking in place
i think he will have the van fitted out by now, he bought it nearly 2 years ago :P

stuart_clark

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 01:43:58 pm »
Yep didn't realise the date ! Doh

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 11:57:05 am »
The locks on these vans are easy to open.
I can get one open in under 15 secs with a plain screwdriver by levering the barrel out.

If you have a Dispatch, Expert, Scudo then get some industrial superglue. Take off the square plastic trim from all side door locks and securely glue the cylinder to the housing then glue the trim back on.
Alternatively put a small screw down the side of the barrel and drill the crosshead out.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

stuart_clark

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 05:45:36 pm »
Are we talking old type locks here ? The ones with the star type keys ?  My Dispatch is the new shaped one and the keys are definately different but I aint no expert ! Lol

Stuart