Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonner0

Business Grants UK
« on: December 17, 2012, 10:04:22 pm »
I have just had an email through my website from Business Grants UK, I have never heard of them before. They have invited me to become a service supplier. From what I can gather they help business's obtain grants but also have a list of trusted suppliers that they recommend. Apparently they are countrywide. They have said nothing regarding whether I have to pay to be one of their trusted suppliers. Has anybody else come across Business Grants UK or worked with them? I am just a bit sceptical but I know I can rely on some good advice from you guys.

Kinver_Clean

Re: Business Grants UK
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 10:10:43 pm »
Be careful- there is no sign of it on Google searches.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

robert meldrum

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:14:35 pm »
They have a Facebook presence and I suspect they use the FREE search for grants that apply to your business to sell, just about any thing, eg, discounts on your use of Gas / Electricity / Mobiles / Insurance / etc,etc.

derek west

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 10:39:36 pm »
do not respond, you will be put on the responder list which is one down from a buyer, responders are good money to sell on, not as much as a buyer but none the less you will be sold on for responding.

or i could be wrong and its your route to riches beyond your wildest dreams. ;D

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 10:56:45 pm »
Load of b******s. Steer clear and stick to marketing that works.

AshWhite

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 09:02:47 am »
I had it twice last month - scam.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

*Hector*

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 09:10:47 am »
many moons ago, in my incarnation as a salesman.... I had a brief (until I found out it was a scam) spell with a company called " The business Grants advisory group" .... This sounds like a re-incarnation of it... We would get hot leads from business' that wanted a grant to improve some part of the business (this is in the pre-internet days)... we would then go with lots of official government looking forms and fill them in... get a fee for the application of the grant.... Couple of hundred pounds.... after all these applications cost money.... then the business who applied would have to wait for the grant.... and wait.... and wait..... etc you know where this leads...

So once I found out I left them for a more ethical sales job (timeshare for 3 years  ;D )....

Leave alone you will only lose out ...............
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

tonner0

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 08:17:33 pm »
You guys are great, thank you, it seems pretty conclusive that I am not going to get rich out of it, and that it is a scam. I will not respond. 
   I would like to wish everyone a Happy Christmas and hope you all enjoy the holiday and wish you all a prosperous New Year.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 09:28:32 pm »
It is important not to even tell them to p==s off by responding.
They will then know that the address is monitored and pass it on to all the other rogues, thus causing an avalanche of spam.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.