This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

Re: Am I miserable
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 10:45:56 pm »
Good comments everyone will push the messers onto standing order, give em the old new year new start.

Johny B, was thinking that the other day give the p.i.t.a's a price rise.

I do always say how are you etc to custies make a bit of small talk, a lot a really good and ask after my lot.

Others brag of their holidays and how great it is to be them and when their not in the mood they can't wait to shut the door in your face ;D

Had old girl today always moans last time it was to damp and time before too misty (asked her maybe she should find someone else as i come every month)
Said no she likes me i do good job.

Today she said i'd picked a bad day  ??? (sunny but cold)
Told her I have to work otherwise I don't get paid.

Tosh I might try that with custie and the kb club.

Standing orders a plenty for 2013 ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Mike #1

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 06:14:20 am »
I am lucky if i get a total of £50 in tips used to get well over a £100 but that was over 4-5 years ago and i used to but my self a nice bottle of whisky and a new pair of boots .

I dont expect to much these days and any thing i get i am very grateful for as i feel valued by custys , But htose that dont tip i dont hold a grudge it just life .

Anyway Lee your custy has issues put a polite notice through the door with payment options if you dont get payment in a week go knocking on door , then dump custy

YOU ARE NOT MISERABLE  ;D ;D ;D ;D. Mike

lee_dewing

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 08:48:56 am »
Hi Mike.

I know i shouldn't expect a tip ypur right.

About 5 years ago i got nearly £500 in tips and bought my sony vaio laptop as used by 007  ;D

just seems after that every xmas tips have half'd

Perhaps I can be like jb 007; licence to "cull"  ;D
sorry Lee

paul13

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 09:21:37 am »
I think tips are less because people see window cleaning more
as a business now  where as before it was seen as some one
out making a bit extra for beer money, custy said to me once
when I was out collecting in the car where did you get that from
I said bought it she said that's your car ::)
The cars a vauxhall insigna ::)not a merc or bmw unfortunately.

lee_dewing

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 09:39:36 am »
Paul a windie is not allowed a car, not with 4 wheels anyway ;D

I used to get the have you tried getting a proper job remark :o

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 05:15:47 pm »
i got £50 in xmas tips just working this morning! :D :D :D

mine are usually in the £450-£500 range although i dont expect any!! ;) :) :) :) :)

its never been below £400 for years!!!
price higher/work harder!

keyser soze

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 06:46:55 pm »
i got £50 in xmas tips just working this morning! :D :D :D

mine are usually in the £450-£500 range although i dont expect any!! ;) :) :) :) :)

its never been below £400 for years!!!

wow...... thats a good round buddy

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 07:26:37 pm »
I don`t really want a tips I will take it in the prices I charge. I worked with a wise old businessman ( the Allen Sugar type ) He always said don`t get rid of customers just out price them.  Charge them more so that they leave  of there own accord. If they stay you make more money for the pain.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 02:30:46 pm »
I got £500 last year but this year not so good yet but nevermind times are tuff  whatever i get im happy with. ;D
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

spudd

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 03:22:39 pm »
Always the ones that don't seem to have a lot of money that tip the best! And the ones with big houses and flash cars are the ones that are a pain to get payment out of let alone tips....

Funny old world  ???

Mike #1

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 07:26:09 pm »
Always the ones that don't seem to have a lot of money that tip the best! And the ones with big houses and flash cars are the ones that are a pain to get payment out of let alone tips....

Funny old world  ???

You're right mate i have cleaned some custys windows for 10yrs and never had a tip but get on well with custys .

It would be really good to get £500 in tips but the way i look at it is how many business owners or employees get xmas tips not that many in the grand scheme of things , I am just happy to have my own business and make a good wage .

My wife is a carer in a residential home and gets paid £7:20 an hour   and  is far more skilled and has  a greater responsibilty than me in dealing with medication  and caring for elderly people along with working shifts including night shift on xmas eve , xmas day and boxing day .

you got be thankful for what you have got their is loads of people worse of than some of us . Mike

Ian101

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 03:51:11 pm »
I don`t really want a tips I will take it in the prices I charge. I worked with a wise old businessman ( the Allen Sugar type ) He always said don`t get rid of customers just out price them.  Charge them more so that they leave  of there own accord. If they stay you make more money for the pain.

I like that ... thats the second excellent phrase Ive picked up on here in 3 years ..

the other being Canvass, Clean, Cull ..... (from The BFG ... dunno where he is these days)

lee_dewing

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 09:12:18 pm »
I'm gonna do this next year dumped so many akward custies over the years, rather than drop em, i'l give em a price hike.

Happy days if they keep me and make them feel happier; if they're the ones to say they don't want me anymore save the petty rows :D

Mike #1

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 06:41:18 am »

I like that ... thats the second excellent phrase Ive picked up on here in 3 years ..

the other being Canvass, Clean, Cull ..... (from The BFG ... dunno where he is these days)

BFG aka Barnes , Think i am right . Mike