Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark turton

Storm more than I need?
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:21:52 pm »
Hi all

I am a window cleaner who has incorporated carpet cleaning 3 years ago.
I started with a hot water extraction walk behind portable - brand irrelevant (besides youll laugh and condemn me, lol) the diversifying has helped in leaner times, this year the lucrative add on jobs in window cleaning were few and far between.

My question is I have been drooling over the new storm and even visited the show room for a good look. Impressed.

I was told setting for cleaning carpet 200psi but goes upto 600/800 i forget exactly the higher pressure for hard floors (grate add on at later date after training).

However do i need this much machine to get a really good clean? what i wanted on it added upto nearly 5k and ive seen other models that run around 200psi also for around 2.5k. I wanna be good but thats a heavy investment at moment and 2.5k would be an easier option. I fear despite investigating looking at all tecnic and jaguar and prochem and a few others that i feel nervous about buying something i late regret and should have wited to go for what looks like a great machine in the airflex storm.

Please please give some ideas or advice as want to finalise model im going for. I look after my window cleaning customers primarily with the carpet cleaning.

thanks if you do reply
mark

Nigel_W

Re: Storm more than I need?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:35:13 pm »
Mark,

You really don't need to spend 5k on a portable. Most professional carpet cleaners are using machinery that costs alot less. (Truckmount users excluded). Speak to Matt about an Airflex Turbo or look for one second hand. It will more than meet your needs. Alternatively don't add so many optional extras when you first buy your Storm. You can always add extras later when you have recouped some of your initial investment.

As you are about to find out there are other triple vac portables available too :)

Good luck

Nigel

mark turton

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:45:43 pm »
Mark,

You really don't need to spend 5k on a portable. Most professional carpet cleaners are using machinery that costs alot less. (Truckmount users excluded). Speak to Matt about an Airflex Turbo or look for one second hand. It will more than meet your needs. Alternatively don't add so many optional extras when you first buy your Storm. You can always add extras later when you have recouped some of your initial investment.

As you are about to find out there are other triple vac portables available too :)

Thanks Nigel

The extras was the heater/ extra hose so upto 75ft (for a town house?) / misc stuff

Good luck

Nigel

handyal

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:00:58 pm »
Picked up our new Storm from Matt yesterday and just tried it on my living room carpet and very impressed with results.

Good job though as we've got an Indian restaurant to do at 6.00am in the morning.

It may be quite a considerable investment but at least you know you have one of the best portable machines on the market. I'm looking at this one as a three year investment.

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 10:33:46 pm »
Hi Mark

Have a look at the Airflex mini with a magma heater or the Alltec express machine in-line heater both with 2x3 stage vacs

Or go with a second hand Airflex Pro or a Prochem Steempro

Richard

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 10:43:09 pm »
Shaun Ashmore is selling Jag.

I'm selling a Prochem Blazer truck mount in a transit van for £3.5k
Simon

mark turton

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 10:43:55 pm »
Hi Mark

Have a look at the Airflex mini with a magma heater or the Alltec express machine in-line heater both with 2x3 stage vacs

Or go with a second hand Airflex Pro or a Prochem Steempro

Richard

thanks mate come accross them but not studies them in detail - def keen on the magma heater good reviews and im sure that kinda heat must have a huge impact on the quality of the clean.

i notice on the high end kickass ones they give you the inches of cfm for the lift capabilities and presumabably the better this the dryer the carpet is when finished.

mark turton

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 10:46:39 pm »

Simon

hi mate thanks - ive looked at it and spec and review wise it sounds great - BUT - not that im vain but when i look at the airflex pro/storm cosmetically they look more appealing and impressive - the jag looks little diyish on appearance to me or like the eater tank in me van with a tap on - lol

however how much is he selling for ?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »
I'm selling a fully refurbished Prochem Blazer truck mount in a transit van, or without the van.

Simon

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 10:49:31 pm »
If you drop the remote, auto empty and have a smaller pump you could save quite a bit, or you could take a look at this http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=161118.0 and change to 6.6 vacs etc later.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 11:04:23 pm »
Sorry sold my airflex pro.

I know have the Airflex Storm! I did think about changing the vacs, but I fancied a change and i had the Pro for 3 years of good service.

The Storm is a powerful machine! The suction is something else, its hard work pushing the wand without a glide. It practically lifts the carpet off the floor. I upgraded to a 4 jet wand and cleansmart didn't have the glide for that wand at the time.

Needless to say, i recommend the airflex storm.

p.s. I'm sure the jag is a good machine but it looks like poop! I cant understand why the manufactures dont make a better body. Or fit a fan on it!

p.p.s. like simon says, if you choose not to have the auto pump out, the remote and a smaller pump you can save alot on the cost of the new machine.

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 11:11:03 pm »
Hi Carpet Dawg

So you like your birthday present then  ;)

Richard

Chris Straker

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 10:50:03 am »
Like Carpet Dawg, I always disliked the look of the Scorpion but after getting my Mytee One Hybrid,  soon realised the practicality of the design !!

Now I have the Jaguar 6.6, the shape is a bonus when it comes to manouvering and the see through design is helpful for distance water level monitoring  ;)

I know the 'disco dancing dalek' is a good machine and I nearly went for one but I'm now glad I waited for the Jag to be developed  ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 11:59:57 am »
Will someone please acknowledge poor old Simon!  :'(

He is selling a fully refurbished Prochem Blazer truck mount in a transit van, or without the

;D ;D ;D

vince viola

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 02:15:44 pm »
Does anyone know if anyone is selling a fully refurbished Prochem Blazer truck mount in a transit van, or without the Van?

Richard Cole

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »
Does anyone know if anyone is selling a fully refurbished Prochem Blazer truck mount in a transit van, or without the Van?

I think i read somewhere that Simon is ;D
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Tom Mac

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »
Does anyone know is Simon is selling a fully refurbished Prochem Blazer truck mount in a transit van, or without the Van?

oliver collins

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 04:27:55 pm »
Hi mark

I started carpet cleaning about 5 years ago,the bulk of my work was window cleaning then now I rent out my rounds to family I now use a storm before that a triple vac ninja before that a extracta exel the dry times with the storm are miles better than any thing else that I have used,my advice invest in a top range machine and as much training as you can get

Oliver Collins rise n shine cleaning

tim handley

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »
mate ive just started out with an airflex pro and im getting on real well with it as an entry level type machine, im very impressed....... looks the part, and does a great job. yes, i will upgrade at a later date when the works starts rolling in and i can afford to, but by buying this machine i was able to buy other bits of kit and good chems to get started..... next machine for me either storm or jag.......... no question!!!!!!!  truck mount one day i very much hope!!!!

mark turton

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 10:49:18 pm »

I'm selling a Prochem Blazer truck mount in a transit van for £3.5k
Simon

thanks mate -  but wouldnt have the room mate - got van mount pure water fed system in van