This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mandy

When clients cancel on you
« on: November 27, 2012, 04:28:34 pm »
I have a elderly lady who I've cleaned for a few years now, she hasn't been well all through November & twice I've been to her house and there was no answer only to be told by someone else she's in hospital.
So last week I said to her to ask her daughters to let me know if she wasn't going to be in she looked a bit taken aback and said everyone in the village knew so I should have known! I was very annoyed but explained again that I need to know if she's not going to be in her reply..'well no harm done'... never mind the fact I'm down £20.

She is a lovely lady by the way but this has really annoyed me! 
I also have another elderly lady who I've cleaned for a few months, again she has laid me off twice in 2 months first time she had a hospital appointment second time she's having her bathroom & now she's having decorators in & isn't sure when she'll need me again. I'm getting really fed up but am also aware you have to tread carefully with older people as they worry so much.
Any advice please I'm losing money and feel like giving them both up but know they would be upset!

Ian101

Re: When clients cancel on you
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:14:51 pm »

Any advice please I'm losing money and feel like giving them both up but know they would be upset!

whats that got to do with the price of fish ??

so what if theyre upset

we have a saying on the window cleaning board

dump and replace with 2

also .... canvass, clean, cull.

dont want to sound harsh but unless your doing it for the fun of it you need to get some new clients.

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 05:37:33 pm »
Just tell them if they don't give 48 hours notice of cancellation they will recieve the invoice as normal - they will probably dump you so spend the time replacing them. I assume you invoice  ;)

mandy

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:17:13 pm »
Nah I don't do Invoices I only have a few clients at the moment. I'm very small fish but hoping to change that in the future. Yept think I need to toughen up but it's so hard when their so sweet yet pee me right off as well  ??? 

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:47 pm »
The sweet little old ladies leave the payment for you when they go into hospital - the greedy self centered are just that