Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Gunn

Wowcher
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:11:56 am »
Had 3 cancellations this week due to customers deciding to go down the wowcher route 2 x carpets for £15. I know money is tight for customers and they want the best price but how can you run a business doing this??

http://www.realradionortheast.co.uk/deals deal right at the bottom

Adrian Marsh

Re: Woucher
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:33:32 am »
Had an enquiry yesterday for 2500sq ft in a six bed house. I'd emailed my quote over to the (new) owners of the property and had an email back last night to let me know they'd had a quote of £270 for the lot. That works out to 10.8p / sq ft.

Obviously a highly professional business then :P

*Hector*

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:42:33 am »
Had an enquiry yesterday for 2500sq ft in a six bed house. I'd emailed my quote over to the (new) owners of the property and had an email back last night to let me know they'd had a quote of £270 for the lot. That works out to 10.8p / sq ft.

but Adi..... for some people £270 for doing a days work is a good pay day... And much better than the kit gathering dust for the day, and watching Jeremy Kyle  ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:20:26 am »
Had a guy on the phone yesterday from down south asking for advice. His sister had her carpets cleaned and they were left so wet the water was wicking up the walls. After 4 days she had to have all the carpets and underlay uplifted and thrown out as the smell was so bad. He rang me because he mistakenly thought the smell was caused by the detergent they had used (not one we sell). I explained that it was mould and mildew which was the culprit.

It is up to the pro's in this industry to try and get something done about the lack of standards. Only by bodies such as the NCCA, TACCA and INDIVIDUAL carpet cleaners badgering their trading standards, mp'S ETC will it ever change.

John Kelly

Re: Wowcher
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:24:21 am »
Steve that company has done Groupon as well. They have an illegal website with no business address shown which is a requirement under the law.

*Hector*

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 08:26:02 am »
Had a guy on the phone yesterday from down south asking for advice. His sister had her carpets cleaned and they were left so wet the water was wicking up the walls. After 4 days she had to have all the carpets and underlay uplifted and thrown out as the smell was so bad. He rang me because he mistakenly thought the smell was caused by the detergent they had used (not one we sell). I explained that it was mould and mildew which was the culprit.

It is up to the pro's in this industry to try and get something done about the lack of standards. Only by bodies such as the NCCA, TACCA and INDIVIDUAL carpet cleaners badgering their trading standards, mp'S ETC will it ever change.

good post John.... but just because a cleaner advertises on Wowcher etc does not mean that they are cowboys and cannot clean.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30:09 am »
Steve that company has done Groupon as well. They have an illegal website with no business address shown which is a requirement under the law.

This is the company https://twitter.com/springcleancarp

John Milnes

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 09:19:16 am »

Obviously a highly professional business then Tongue

I'm guessing someone may not be good at reading floor plans and may get a surprise
when they turn up at that one ;D

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 09:23:56 am »
Read the small print   -

* Moving heavy furniture will incur a surcharge.
* Stains may incur a surcharge
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Craigp

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 09:27:22 am »

Wow thats bad, was the carpet cleaning company insured?

Fran84

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 02:20:59 pm »
John,

I'll hazard a guess that they are in my neck of the woods ???

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 06:01:41 pm »

but Adi..... for some people £270 for doing a days work is a good pay day... And much better than the kit gathering dust for the day, and watching Jeremy Kyle  ;D

Wouldn't disagree Hector. However a good days pay and charging a professional rate to run a professional business are two different things. I just hope they have somewhere for him to tie his horse upto when he turns up. 

Don't know about anyone else but I'm getting a bit fed-up with having to reclean carpets cleaned a couple of months before by these cowboy "businesses". Getting the carpets clean is one thing but trying to get all that bloody foam out of their carpets is another.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 06:09:43 pm »
Buy a tm de foamer not required.

Shaun

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 06:10:59 pm »

Obviously a highly professional business then Tongue

I'm guessing someone may not be good at reading floor plans and may get a surprise
when they turn up at that one ;D

I'm guessing you're spot on CG. They sent a copy of their property details over (floor plan) indicating which rooms were to be cleaned. If this guy thinks he can clean 2500sq ft all over the house in a day he off his trolly.

*Hector*

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »
quite agree Adi... I have a bit to do in that department too..

as for removing foam/detergent... you know that mpower is very good at that...