This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Caleb Morley

Anyone use a Ladder M8rix?
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:04:53 am »
Does anyone use a Ladder M8rix?

If so what are your thoughts? Would you recommend it?

Its an anti-slip device for anyone that hasnt heard of it.

Cheers,

Caleb

robertphil

Re: Anyone use a Ladder M8rix?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 07:07:32 am »
i havnt got one. but i really like the video where it is tested on a block of ice.  i personally prefer using regular spikes on my ladder but the video tests of that matrix 0n oil and ice look very good .

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 08:01:22 am »
whats a ladder? ???

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 09:55:14 am »
Been using one for years. Even when I was traditional I always used one. Best anti ladder slip device on the market.

markdad

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 11:47:05 am »
  Does it really work on the ice?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 01:01:56 pm »
 Does it really work on the ice?

Snow or ice really doesn't matter, it just doesn't slip. When it comes to ladder safety devices it's the only thing I trust my life with.

markdad

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 01:07:25 pm »
 Cheers Tim.
  I have been thinking about getting one for a while. So i can now take the plunge.

sandy

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 05:54:24 pm »
Yes bought one two years ago brill used it on the snow and ice you just need to beleve in it make money when other window are moaning about not making any it can be be a pain in the u know what but when you go home with a weeks wage you will be happy with it and you know what when the bad weather is approaching you know it is there for you so you dont have to start worring in september about the coming winter and being skin you should see it rather as a kind of bad weather isurance policy have confidence in it

Scrimble

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 06:29:46 pm »
i have one and used it today on carpet, was cleaning internal windows of a commercial building

it doesnt like smooth concrete, its a very good peice of kit but its not suitable for all surfaces, you need another ladder safety device thats good on things the m8trix isnt

Tony Edwards

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 07:04:10 pm »
i have one and used it today on carpet, was cleaning internal windows of a commercial building

it doesnt like smooth concrete, its a very good peice of kit but its not suitable for all surfaces, you need another ladder safety device thats good on things the m8trix isnt

How can it be ok on smooth hard ice but not on smooth concrete, I am confused.com

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 07:45:37 pm »
Sorry but that's not true. I've used it on every surface imaginable and it won't go. Smooth concrete is not a problem. If you use the ladder at the right angle there shouldn't be any issue.

firefly123

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 07:51:39 pm »
when i was all trad got one of those it will not move on ice snow moss slime sand grit or anything you care to name
shiney one

Scrimble

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 11:43:03 pm »
because the spikes dig into the ice!

i used my m8trix on a house with smooth like tiles on up to the front door and it slipped when i started climbing up the ladder

Caleb Morley

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 11:53:33 pm »
I think I will get one after the positive reviews. I am mainly WFP but i do use a ladder to clean conservatoy roofs and have had the ladder slip twice now and then fortunately stick. I wasnt that bothered about falling from that height until i saw an ambulance documentary where the geezer broke his back cleaning out his conservatory gutters!

Cheers,

Caleb

Scrimble

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »
your better off with one of these http://www.midlandladders.com/products/Laddermate_Base_Stabiliser-289-25.html

i have both this and the m8rix and for conny roofs i always use the laddermate base stabiliser