This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

Re: feeling the cold???
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 11:39:08 am »
hi, i use glacier curve gloves from window clean centre about £25, this is 2nd winter for them been about 3-6 degrees this week takes about half hour to warm up wear a hat as well, also hand warmers sold in argos(sorry don't know name in camping section of catalogue) reviewed in pwc mag meant to be good look like t-bags pop in gloves last 7hrs, haven't used them myself, i,m also traditional, go out with hot water, some on here put anti freeze from halfords in bucket, not had to do this myself.
lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

telboy

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 03:53:35 pm »
According to the radio this morning

January was milder than normal ???

Telboy ;)

poles apart

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 07:50:21 pm »
I bought waterproof Sealskinz gloves - they're weren't! :o Sent them back and got another pair - still not! ::) Refund time I think >:(

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 07:51:56 pm »
I'm currently using the unger neoprene divers type and they're bloody useless at £12.50 a pair.

I defo agree with that, Also my wife wont come near me untill Iv'e washed my hands as she says they stink to high hell, I dont know if anyone else has found this?

Chris

poles apart

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 07:58:39 pm »
Yes they do make your hands stink! I used them for a couple of years but this year as soon as I put on a new pair I had a allergic reaction, hence the leaking sealskinz!
Back to good old skin I think 8)
Rod

gaza

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 08:58:21 pm »
If your getting cold your not  workinng hard enough ;D

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

neil100

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 09:55:25 pm »
I have worn gloves twice this winter for about 20 mins each time.

I just dont think it is that cold. Normally if we get a strong northely or eastly wind were it takes  the temp down to -10c against the skin I will were gloves just to warm my hands up now and again.

I think a lot of you are too soft. Be men and take the cooler weather in your stride.

Nel. ( A Hardy Northener )

gaza

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006, 10:01:34 pm »
TRY PICKING BRUSSEL SPROUTS IN LINCOLNSHIRE ;D WIND SNOW RAIN ICE KNEE HIGH PLUS WET BRUSSELS,PICKING THEM BY HAND NOW THATS WAT YOU CALL COLD :o

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 10:47:03 pm »
TRY PICKING BRUSSEL SPROUTS IN LINCOLNSHIRE ;D WIND SNOW RAIN ICE KNEE HIGH PLUS WET BRUSSELS,PICKING THEM BY HAND NOW THATS WAT YOU CALL COLD :o

GAZA

Been there ... done that ...... never again 

dai

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2006, 06:17:36 pm »
Yeah, I've worked at cokkel picking mid winter. I've seen a hard man cry with pain whilst doing it.
Any fool can have dirty, chapped, cracked hands. Come to think of it why bother with shoes? I wear gloves summer and winter. Dog pooh on shoes gets on your rungs, then hands. same thing with your hose. No thanks. Skin absorbers chemicals that come in contact with it, that's how nicotine patches work. It makes sense to protect your hands. Your Mrs will appreciate it too. Dai

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 06:32:45 pm »
I'm the same as Dai and wear gloves pretty much all year round; mostly to protect my mild-sensitive skin from detergent and chemicals; the big Geordie poof I am.

Anyway, a good glove is a Marigold; a strong type with a cotton inner.

It still provides good manual dexterity for writing invoices and when the inners get wet with sweat, just change them for a dry pair.