This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Katy Radcliffe

Domestic Cleaning Trade: networking and associations
« on: November 16, 2012, 06:18:10 pm »
There seems to be a paucity of industry support for domestic cleaning in the UK. Particularly in comparison with the US, where residential cleaning is a huge industry spawning trade magazines, conferences, and networking associations.

It seems to me that in the UK house cleaning is seen as something not-quite-professional, and there is less support for those of us who want to tap into a vast and growing market.

There may not be as many men with truck-mounted Steam Blaster Turbo Pro gadgets and graphic-wrapped vans, but I think there's a lot more to the domestic side of the industry than a bunch of hapless little women wielding feather dusters.

From what I've seen, the hourly rates domestic cleaning can charge is much greater than for commercial/contract cleaning. And, the domestic client is a source of further revenue, as they can be upsold oven, carpet, window, patio, wheeliebin, cleaning, etc.

So, I'd be interested in any contacts with other serious domestic professionals. If there is a networking group, I'd like to join it. If there isn't then I want to start one.

dustee

Re: Domestic Cleaning Trade: networking and associations
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:06:53 pm »
Hello stranger fancy meeting you here  ;D  i'd be interested in a netwoking group   

jim

manyee

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:23:57 pm »
Hi , yes I agree , if you can tap into  networking it should really help grow any business, in our field domestic cleaning . I know in theory how it  works etc , eventually we could have trades like gardeners , builders ,  etc who would recommend us , where we return the favour . It is just getting it going .

Interested to hear what people think and their experiences

Green Clean Direct

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 01:38:18 am »
Networking for pure domestic cleaners ? waste of time IMHO.

It is all B2C and thus of nil value unless you step outside domestic into corporate or quasi corporate and hook up with those people who arrange cleans for domestic, such as lettings agents, management companies, maintenance folks, builders, trades all round actually.

Hit the FSB, Chamber of Commerce etc. and you've nothing to sell but lots to buy which puts you at a succinct disadvantage fro the get go. Can be of some use once you are established and able to leverage your position but if you remain solely within domestic, there is little return from it apart from the social aspect.

Katy Radcliffe

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 04:26:29 pm »
If you're talking about trading leads, I think you're right. I was talking about support and advice for domestic cleaning. There are such organizations in the United States. But, in the US, domestic cleaning is a really big industry. Companies generally charge three times the cost of labour (so, they pay the cleaner $10 an hour and charge $35).

Over here, domestic cleaning is seen as something done by silly little women who just want a bit of pocket money to dust and hoover. But, based on my research, there is a huge demand for quality domestic cleaning and many, many dissatisfied clients who have run through countless £10-an-hour cleaners and been repeatedly disappointed.

You can get £25 per man hour for domestic cleaning, if you market right and can deliver quality service.

The marketing and delivering consistently quality service is what many domestic cleaners could use help with.

pristineclean

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 04:56:39 pm »
I think a networking group is an excellent idea.

sandyde

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 01:18:21 pm »
So who is going to set it up then /

pat timmins

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 10:10:21 pm »
Hi would defo be interested in joining or helping to set up a networking group just for the cleaning industry  please contact  if I can be of support

Marnie Lavery

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 01:40:05 pm »
I would love to join a networking group.  Any more news on it?

Tony Hodgkinson

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 10:36:01 am »
Some great information on here !!
Mr Tony Hodgkinson
Hodgkinson Cleaning Services
E: info@hcs-cheshire.co.uk
W: www.hcs-cheshire.co.uk
Twitter: @hcscheshire

Immsy

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 05:11:31 pm »