Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

UNIQUE_FLOORING

hands on experience
« on: February 03, 2004, 11:12:45 pm »
was just wondering if anyone out there would be interested in letting me come out with them for a short period of time just to let me get an idea of what is involved.
thanks   ;D
fail to prepare
prepare to fail

Len Gribble

Re: hands on experience
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 11:22:47 pm »
:)Hi unique

If you were local to me not a problem, but I would teach you the fundamentals but never let you clean a carpet unless you were fully trained (not by me I add)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

UNIQUE_FLOORING

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 11:25:40 pm »
yeah thats all i am looking for just so i can get a feel for the business and find out if i really want to invest money into setting up.
fail to prepare
prepare to fail

ALEXDH

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 11:29:05 pm »
You are lucky if you can find the time this month there is a lot of good courses on.

Im on the Alltec hands on course myself tommorrow

£75 quid not including the dreaded.

I believe there are courses at NCCA this month also an IICRC one at alltec thats a bit more theory though i think. You need to get a wand in your hand mate to start with.

I'll report back tommorow night about the Hands on Course.

UNIQUE_FLOORING

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 11:30:48 pm »
thanks all
fail to prepare
prepare to fail

UNIQUE_FLOORING

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 11:37:40 pm »
i cant believe i am offering to work for someone for free and hand so little response  :o
fail to prepare
prepare to fail

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 11:42:44 pm »
;D Hi unique

They probable think you’re a wind up give your full and correct details then some one may take you seriously.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dave Ingram

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 11:43:11 pm »
Why not wait till March the 1st and come along to the Sunny Day out in Leyland, why work for nought when you can try any machine from a Boneting system to the full blown state of the art Truck Mount steam cleaning system.
Regards Dave

UNIQUE_FLOORING

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 11:52:08 pm »
thanks for the advice dave i may well do that but while i am waiting for that i would like to gain as much experience as possible.
fail to prepare
prepare to fail

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 12:03:28 am »
;D ;D ;D ;D
Hi unique

Check the forum profiles to see whom in your area, and then contact them all they can say is NO. But saying that you must of used a sub to clean carpets why not contact them!

Len

UNIQUE_FLOORING

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 12:14:22 am »
i will be honest dave the company i normally use i dont think thay would be to happy me starting to do this and poss taking business away from them.
fail to prepare
prepare to fail

rob_s

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 12:15:44 am »
Hi,
   Why not visit W.E.frankiln's cleaning centre. ring mike frakling on 0114-268-616.
    I did this and they showed me round the factory, where clean carpets, oriental rugs and suites.
    I also went off site with one of their operatives, for half a day.
    They were introducing me to there easi-step chemical range, which is one off the micro splitters.
  Hope that this has been some help.

Regards Rob_s

UNIQUE_FLOORING

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 12:16:51 am »
cheers rob will try and give them a call tomorrow.
fail to prepare
prepare to fail

rob_s

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 12:24:41 am »
Hi,
   Its rob_s again the contacts at Franklins are Mike Franklin or Mike Gregory and they are based in sheffield.

rob_s