This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Twyford Cleaning Services

M&S
« on: October 31, 2012, 07:23:26 am »
Is there anyone out there who gets the "White Glove" check,everytime you clean M&S? before they sign off my cleaning they get there white glove out to check my work,this is driving me mad, ONE WORD
COMES TO MIND " JOBS WORTH"

Jack :(

andyM

Re: M&S
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 07:25:02 am »
Is there anyone out there who gets the "White Glove" check,everytime you clean M&S? before they sign off my cleaning they get there white glove out to check my work,this is driving me mad, ONE WORD

It's the "Rubber Glove" you have to be worried about.  ;D
One of the Plebs

scottt24

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:11:29 am »
I'm surprised you didn't expect this after all they aren't just any windows they're m&s windows 😉😉
Sorry couldn't resist
Think I would ask politely why they do it and don't they trust you to do the job they're paying you to do
Don't know how long you've been cleaning them but maybe they had a cowboy in previously
Thanks,
              Scott

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 09:46:10 am »
Get yourself a white glove and go along their fridge cabinets!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

ben M

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:52:58 am »
Get yourself a white glove and go along their fridge cabinets!
very good point!  ;D ;D ;D

Helen

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 09:53:32 am »
Is a customer not allowed to check for a good job done?

George P

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 09:58:36 am »
talking to a windie in leicster a while ago and he said that years ago they always did this at m & s, but they paid good money, he says that they dont check now as most managers realise they are paying less for the cleaning and expect less time to be spent on it,

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 10:39:11 am »
At last , proof that it wasnt just me !

I recently binned off £480 a month of retail , M&S was the reason , it started when the money was cut by £5 a clean and the specs went up , this i could deal with , it was when the complaining started that i knew it had to go .

I started getting calls about high level dusting not getting done , i never priced for it and it was not on the specs sheet  ???

Then i got pulled up about all the granite cladding on the front of the building , it was a joke as if any of you have seen M&S Plymouth you would see my point , this was to be done 2 times a week at no extra cost   :o

The final insult was when the head of the instore cleaners handed me his mobile and said that i was to ring him to do the store inspection , yeah right , i'm gonna walk around 6 esculators , 3 balustrades , cafe and all windows and doors in and out on every visit , again for no money !

It ended with me letting the relevant bods know that i was out , heck i even waivered the £200 odd that was owed for work done so far that month as i felt guilty about the instant walkout !

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jarvy

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 03:24:31 pm »

You have put a space in so that's 2 words!!  ;)
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

keyser soze

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 04:29:07 pm »

It's the "Rubber Glove" you have to be worried about.  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Martin-Swinscoe

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 05:15:43 pm »
I did the local M&S by me. The first day that i did it a little Hitler came out and started moaning
about the windows been wet. Then he moaned the path outside been wet and people walking in
and making the floor slippy.
The next time i cleaned it he moaned about all of the above and dirt UNDER the sills
He just kept moaning about anything and everything.
The final straw was he must've took an hour to sign my worksheet stating that he was very busy
and that could i come back later for it.
At this point i told him to do the windows himself and just walked away.
I just couldn't be bothered with him.

Mike_G

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 05:18:14 pm »
White gloves, thats nothing. Loads of places did that sort of stuff years ago, if you are doing a good job they will soon realise it and stop checking altogether. Years ago I used to do an engineering workshop and the guy who had to sign my docket used cotton wool to check if the windows were clean, any spec of dirt he wouldn't sign, even on the frosted windows, he was a complete tosser! I did the M&S store by me up until a year ago, never really had too many issues, would love to get it back, the guys doing it now are awful, sorry if it anyone reading this but you know it! Anyway from the looks of them I dont think they have been cleaned for about a month or so

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 07:10:53 pm »
never had a problem with wrexham
chester and so on
infact doing em was a pleasure
and the contractor paid extremly quickly  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."