Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

busydaffodil

Re: Question for Sarah Sarill
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2006, 07:54:18 pm »
  GIRL POWER.     Those pink flashy dresses & high heels can do wonders.   Perhaps you guys should try it out?  Oh, Ross already has!

marc al

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 12:46:18 pm »
  Sarah

I sent out 25 letters to care homes for that result, the home were having reliability difficulties with the window cleaner they use now, not surprising really at the price he was doing it for.
    If anyone wants a copy of the letter please e-mail me at marcaluzzi@aol.com, I will wait until tommorow (sunday) night and mail you all back in one go.

Marc

Jon T.C.

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 07:58:47 pm »
Hiya Marc,

To date I have sent out approx 25 ish letters and got 2 monthly commercial jobs from it.  A nursing home at £60 and Funeral Director at £30. ;D

For the cost of the 2nd class stamps (approx £7)  it has generated over £1k of additional business in the next year.

I was told that the best time to do this sort of marketing is March so we have not sent any more out since the first batch was sent.  I already have my prospect list on database and will send them out early in March.

Like everything else though its getting your name in front of the right prospect at the right time and MAY have nothing to do with how you do it (ie Leaflets, letters etc).

Its worth a go though - for the sake of quite a low outlay the returns will be good if you pick up just one job on a years contract - and you can claim back all the costs. ;)

Let us know how you get on with it Marc.  I know Tosh has adapted one as well so we will have to compare results in about April time.

Good luck,

Sarah

Sarah

70 have gone out in the post tonight !!

Got a Guest House £30 every for weeks. I am going to follow up others with a phone call thurs/fri.  ;D ;D

Cheers Sarah !! ;)
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 08:04:02 pm »
No problems Jon - just glad its worked. 

Would have felt a real dumbo if no-one else had got results. 

What a start eh  ;D

Sarah
Sarah

Jon T.C.

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 06:12:38 pm »
Another today !! £30 - 4 weekly care home  ;D

Haven't even started follow up calls yet ! :o
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 06:17:07 pm »
Keep going at this rate and you'll be going Vat registered before long  ;)

Who needs a course on Marketing eh   :)

Sarah
Sarah

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 06:17:26 pm »
I've sent 42 of Sarah's letters out last week.  I've not one phone call yet!

I'll try again next month!

Jon T.C.

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 09:31:42 pm »
Was the spell check done in Welsh or Geordie, Tosh  ;)

Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 08:44:49 am »
Tosh,

When are you planning to follow them up with a telephone call.  Dont leave it much later than the end of this week though.

Ps  :  Would like to see a copy of your revised wording.

Sarah
Sarah

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2006, 06:25:12 pm »

Ps  :  Would like to see a copy of your revised wording.

Sarah

Sarah,

I've deleted your original e-mail (sorry).  Could you e-mail me again?

Sarah Sarill

Re: Question for Sarah Sarill New
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 07:32:42 pm »
Hi all,

As you all know I am currently planning our Spring canvassing campaign, mainly for commercial but also a specific leaflet campaign for residential only for streets we currently work in.

My database of business customers is now almost done and ready to print.  Once the letters have gone out it is important to follow up these leads with a telephone call.

I have had an email from a member asking for some help in the wording used for this call which I am in the process of doing and will post at a later stage.

They also asked me if cold calling businessess works and it got me thinking. I work in sales and have never cold called for our own business.  I have put together the bones of a cold call script to use myself and thought it may help those who are less comfortable doing this type of sales call.

It is only the bones and you will need to be prepared to answer questions about your own company and put in bits to represent your own personality.

Hope it helps,

Sarah
Sarah