This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

Re: Airflex Turbo vs Ashbys Enforcer ... Cleansmart responce
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 08:27:00 am »
The only way to get true results is from a totally independant test, manufactures always give results which favor their own products.
 Derek at Ashbys is now saying he is willing to do this can't really say fairer than that if Matt will agree to it.

Regards Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Ferenc G.

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 09:34:54 am »
Quoting from the Cleansmart video description:

"We are quite prepared to send both machines for independent testing to support our complaint if needs be."

Matt offered this first so I am sure he will agree.

Matt Flewitt

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 12:01:47 pm »
Hello,

This is Matt from Cleansmart:

Cleansmart and Ashbys are both NCCA corporate members so, if the NCCA is agreeable, I suggest we meet at the NCCA offices. We will take an Airflex Turbo and airflow meter, Ashbys can take their Enforcer machine and airflow meter.

We will then see who is telling the truth and who is making unnecessary, ridiculous and highly misleading claims on YouTube  :)

Airflex Turbo: approx 305 CFM, 10.25” mercury lift, total 5023 air watts
Ashbys Enforcer: approx 117 CFM, 17” mercury lift, total 3179 air watts

The Airflex Turbo is therefore approx 58% more powerful.

Many thanks,
Matt

Paul Evans

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 12:08:11 pm »
Well straight from the horses mouth,
Cant say fairer than that. Hats off to Matt no ducking any issues there,

Paul

Jim_77

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 12:26:17 pm »

james roffey

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 07:14:02 pm »
I am betting that Ashby's will drag their heals or avoid this head to head, the obvious get out will be they will suggest that  the Airflex they tested may have been underpowered for what ever reason and they were mislead by the findings, but they did it in "good faith" the trouble is no one will believe them. They had little or no credibility before they posted that video.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 07:48:04 pm »
Fair play Matt come on Derek put your machine on independant test as You said.

Tony

Jim_77

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 01:07:16 am »
If this is going to be done, get the jaguar and alltec machines in on it too!!  Would be stupid not to eh?!  

Problem is, this will never get done by the NCCA simply because they will have to pronounce a winner and from thereon will no longer be viewed as an impartial organisation with no allegiance to any particular supplier....which they are of course, aren't they :) :)

There's a firm called SATRA in Kettering who do lab testing of all sorts of things, would someone actually give enough of a rat's testicle about the theoretical (and totally irrelevant to know) CFM in open-flow of a portable, to take all 4 machines there and try to settle the squabbling?!

But then where would we all be?  Whichever machine comes out on top the others will start squawking about the test conditions and this and that is not a fair comparison.  It won't stop the bickering, it will create more bickering.

Then everyone will go back to their previous viewpoints about each of the different suppliers and machines and we'll be no better off.

Learn from history folks :)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 07:23:53 am »
Hi Guys

The NCCA won't do it because they like to keep all associates happy and  will not rock the boat - money.

TACCA however should grasp the chance to really represent CC's by carrying out testing, it can't be that difficult to actually perform the test.

Jim, history is there to be made!

Cheers

Doug

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 08:55:38 am »
Fair play to matt.   

dan paton

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 08:58:26 am »
 i wonder if the sales of solutions and alltec machines have went up since this all started because of people not trusting either ashbys or cleansmart because from the outside looking in this whole affair now looks like a bitch fight . an independent test may well be surprising. maybe both company's results are wrong . who knows? what i do know is if i was going to buy a new machine i would avoid both of these manufacturers at the moment  :)

Ferenc G.

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 09:34:45 am »
i wonder if the sales of solutions and alltec machines have went up since this all started because of people not trusting either ashbys or cleansmart because from the outside looking in this whole affair now looks like a bitch fight . an independent test may well be surprising. maybe both company's results are wrong . who knows? what i do know is if i was going to buy a new machine i would avoid both of these manufacturers at the moment  :)
???

This all started because one supplier posted a video showing test results what the other didn't accept and tryed to defend themselves in their own test.

If the independent test proves that either party is right then the second highlighted part is an evidence of the damage caused to them.

oliver collins

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 10:00:14 am »
Hi
I had the nInja with 7.2 vac and 5.7 industrial vac and the vac  booster and now I have the storm it's not
 nearly as powerful ,used a 2  inch wand on both and you can clearly tell the air flow was a lot less

The turbo and the storm are great machines having used both the storm is my fav

Oliver Collins rise n shine cleaning

robert meldrum

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 10:33:31 am »
After all is said and done .............will it make any difference to sales, people will often buy machines on ease of use and cost rather than be swayed by multivacs which could result in multiproblems.

Take a look at this web site I found today where it looks like a World famous franchise member has found the ultimate machine for ease of use and handling with it's own built in agitator.

www.soarvalleychemdryleicester.co.uk

neil 47

IICRC

james roffey

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 04:30:05 pm »
I had the Ninja and now have am Aiflex turbo not a fair comparison i know as  the Airflex is in a different league, but an often overlooked aspect is the Airflex machines layout for carrying out maintenance, it's just so well thought out,alright i have not owned all the machines available, but i have seen pictures of their internal workings and i believe the  Airflex has to be the easiest to work on. When i had my Ninja i took one look inside the thing and thought better of even trying to replace a vac or anything for that matter. so Ashby's had plenty of opportunity to make money out of maintaining the thing
The Airflex is so easy because of ease of access rather that being covered by other electrical parts and cables you can simply reach the relevent parts. Even i can work on it and i have zero mechanical knowledge. for any outsider i can tell you that the utube video that Ashby's made is a joke, The Airflex produces just over 300 CFM 100 from each motor which is well in excess of the Ashby's machine, that is an incontrovertible fact, yes it has a little more lift, but overall the Airflex is not only much more powerful but the supplier cleansmart is also in a different league, thats why everyone sprung to Mat's defence, take a look and see the video on utube even Ashby's own customers are boycotting them because of the underhand methods they have used. even the machine they had for the test belonged to a customer and was used without his consent or knowledge.The fact that Ashby's claim in that video that the  Airflex Turbo has 190 CFM discredits everything they say.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 04:55:06 pm »
I had a Ninja still have as a backup if ever required. Very easy to service in my opinion maybe the Airflex is even better I don't know never having owened one.

I know that Ashby's always gave me very good service not that I needed much as the Ninja was always very reliable.

As for the claims of both Matt and Derek I don't know

Tony

james roffey

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 06:08:02 pm »
Tony

All any of us can do is speak from our own experiences, i have dealt with Ashby's and Cleansmart i felt one only wanted to only make money from me, which they did every time they looked at my Ninja which was not at all reliable. and the other wanted a good long term business relationship, two very different ways of running a business.

JandS

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2012, 06:44:40 pm »
Vacs on Ninja easy to change.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.