This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

StuartMc

Start Up Business - Help
« on: February 03, 2004, 06:49:16 pm »
Briefly: Background - New venture. Residential new build cleaning prior to home sale completion. Services - Build Clean & Sparkle Clean. Good chance of success I have someone vouching for us from within a couple of housing developers.
Question - I am putting together our 'corporate' brochure. I am looking for any text, graphics, layout, phrases that I could use to pass to the literature design company. Maybe someone knows a good web site that I could get some ideas from? No point re-inventing the wheel?
Thanks

DP

Re: Start Up Business - Help
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 07:46:55 pm »
Most of the public sector graphics will be known to the design company as they should have access to all these things as part of thier industry. Most will carry some form of lisence which they will no doubt have paid for.

If you are just looking for idea's which you say you are, then just type "cleaning companies" into any browser, spend a bit of time and effort and you will get thousands of ideas, and if your serious about your company you should be able to produce a superb and original brochuer.

Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

keith b

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 01:42:02 am »
Stuart

If you want to create a professional corperate looking brochure, you need the services of a `COPYWRITER`, (basically they are wordsmiths for the advertising world and they can help with page design) but they can charge up to £500 per day!.
Other than that i would follow DP`s advice.

StuartMc

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 12:17:42 am »
Thanks DP and keith b for your help.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 01:38:12 am »
Stuart

If 'nicking' text from other cleaning compamy websites, as I do, then do it from American one's. They'll never know and are even less likely to care!

With pics.....know anyone with a digital camera or scanner? If so why not do your own?

Regards

Owen

keith b

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 09:23:40 pm »
Hi again stuart,

There are two books that might be useful to ya, and they are availible from http://www.mcgraw-hill.co.uk
(but you will have to hunt around the website as i can`t link to the page direct), they are -

Advertising Copywriting 7th,
by Philip Ward Burton
ISBN 0844232068
£ 44.99

The Mcgraw-Hill handbook of more business letters,
by Ann Poe
ISBN 0070505179
£ 15.99