Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Upholstery advice please
« on: October 10, 2012, 06:55:48 pm »
Viewed 2 sofas today.Light grey from Habitat.only light soiling.

Info tab was 60% CO, 30% PC. 10% VI.

I presume this is 60% cotton 10% viscose but what is the 30% PC?

Although I have cleaned lots of cotton suites Im concerned about the viscose content,should I be ?

Any advice please.

Thanks Wayne

david@zap-clean

Re: Upholstery advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:58:09 pm »
How do you plan to clean it?  I cleaned a high end viscose suite recently using Prochem fibre shampoo, which went well.
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »
Usual HWE process, using Pure Clean.

david@zap-clean

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:43 pm »
I wouldn't be worrying about the 10% viscose,  I'd be more concerned about the 60% cotton, especially if HWE is to be used.  But I'm fairly new to this game - so don't take too much notice.

I did several cotton chairs recently using fibre shampoo.  They were very light coloured beige, and came up fine, and I'm going back to do their carpets next week, so I must be doing something right.

They also had an off-white cotton fabric dressing room stool, which was really dirty.  I couldn't get it clean with fibre shampoo, so I offered to HWE it, at the customers risk.  I hit it with HD-X, agitated and HWE'd heavily.  It worked out OK.
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 07:35:43 pm »
just book the appointment and tell them part of the testing process is the cleaning of a test sample in an inconspicuous area.

clean and dry some of the fabric ( at the back, cushion side, under the cushions) then compare the cleaned area to an untouched area...... if its the same continue.

I say this 2-3 times a month on fabrics i don't recognize

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk