This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roundbuilder

Re: Undercutters!!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 04:01:41 pm »
|One day he will find his brain and that will be the day he wakes up to see.What goes around comes around.He has no round as it will be stolen by the next mongrel. MICKY Muppet ??? ??? ??? ???

He could tell all his current customers in the street that 5 of his neighbours pay £15 and he could increase his price on the 10 he has to £11 or £12. Thus an increase off the back of another windy.
But hey, wtf.

Was using that as an example. I charge highter than my local competition so never get a chance to undercut. I have been a victim of undercutters many times its just life but also it is business. Commercial is all about the best price too. If you find out a window cleaner is charging £300 for a block of flats and get a chance to tender for the job you would be mad not to go in cheaper if was still a good days earnings. Some people on here are up there own arses.

roundbuilder

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 04:03:37 pm »
|One day he will find his brain and that will be the day he wakes up to see.What goes around comes around.He has no round as it will be stolen by the next mongrel. IGNORANTMuppet ??? ??? ??? ???

I find this remark rude. Who are you to call me anything?? all i did was comment on a post giving my view!!.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 04:09:32 pm »
|One day he will find his brain and that will be the day he wakes up to see.What goes around comes around.He has no round as it will be stolen by the next mongrel. MICKY Muppet ??? ??? ??? ???

He could tell all his current customers in the street that 5 of his neighbours pay £15 and he could increase his price on the 10 he has to £11 or £12. Thus an increase off the back of another windy.
But hey, wtf.

Was using that as an example. I charge highter than my local competition so never get a chance to undercut. I have been a victim of undercutters many times its just life but also it is business. Commercial is all about the best price too. If you find out a window cleaner is charging £300 for a block of flats and get a chance to tender for the job you would be mad not to go in cheaper if was still a good days earnings. Some people on here are up there own arses.

Maybe, but first I would try and find out how long they have been done at that price, why they are looking to change and then work out if me selling better benefits would allow me to quote dearer.
Too many people think this service is bought on price alone.
But Mick it's your business fella.
Art

roundbuilder

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 04:18:39 pm »
Thats right it is my business and prob why it is going from strengh to strengh the way i run it. although we are all in the same game we are all also eachothers competition. I help many local guys out giving them work etc but if a big job came up and i could win it by under priceing then 100 percent id hit for it. If you wouldnt then more fool you. That is how i have got most of my commercial work all about the price at the end of the day. Window cleaners are 10 to the penny all over the place.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 04:19:59 pm »
Thats right it is my business and prob why it is going from strengh to strengh the way i run it. although we are all in the same game we are all also eachothers competition. I help many local guys out giving them work etc but if a big job came up and i could win it by under priceing then 100 percent id hit for it. If you wouldnt then more fool you. That is how i have got most of my commercial work all about the price at the end of the day. Window cleaners are 10 to the penny all over the place.
Yes, I am a fool

Mike_G

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 04:30:15 pm »
To be honest I have not bothered reading the whole post, but the chap who picked up the house may not of actually undercut anyone. If he has simply given a price he is happy to carry out the work for without prior knowledge of the exsisiting window cleaners price how could he undercut? For all he knew he might well of been putting in a higher price. Its a different story if he knew the price and deliberately went in lower then yes he has undercut, but sadly that is part of the industry we are in, it is always going to happen

roundbuilder

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 04:31:39 pm »
To be honest I have not bothered reading the whole post, but the chap who picked up the house may not of actually undercut anyone. If he has simply given a price he is happy to carry out the work for without prior knowledge of the exsisiting window cleaners price how could he undercut? For all he knew he might well of been putting in a higher price. Its a different story if he knew the price and deliberately went in lower then yes he has undercut, but sadly that is part of the industry we are in, it is always going to happen

I agree. Top speech

Klean07

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 06:53:56 pm »
Well my motto is once they dump you that's the end of it for me. In the past similar situations have arisen when after a few months they call you and ask me to reinstate them on my round because their undercutter didn't turn up for months!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Granny

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 07:12:43 pm »
Be fair its dog eat dog i have underpriced many times a d got the job. If i clean 10 houses in a road for £10 and recanvas the road and get 5 custies say they pay there window cleaner £15 id undercut and offer to do them for £10.
Mick
I've respected you're comments on here so far - I think you have a lot to offer but this time I beg to differ as has been said on here time and time again there are millions of houses.
Someone asked me to quote the other day then said "Oh but I've got a window cleaner who comes I just want to see if I can save some money."
Sorry I said - but he might have a mortgage and kids and debts to pay - I'm not taking his work - if he lets you down then contact me.
From what I've read here you have £100 jobs in Central London etc.. Why would you undercut for a fiver?
G.

robbo333

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 07:17:47 pm »
I never knowingly undercut anyone. Other window cleaners have families to feed and look after, and if that's the price they charge then fair play to them. There's enough business for everyone. Usually the customers that want you to price cut are no good anyway (they'll simply do it to you too)! People don't just pay to have their windows cleaned; they pay for someone who comes onto their property who is reliable, does a good job, is honest, respectable, is always happy and nice to have around, is insured and cares about what they do and most importantly, someone they can trust. Windys who want to undercut me...good luck to you!!!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

evo

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 07:20:36 pm »
Thats exactly what I told the customer Ive seen it happen before.

Hi Klean i live in kingswinford where was the customer because i know at leased 15 other windys round here so mite know the guy. i have a feeling it could be a chap called Scott he has done that across me before.

roundbuilder

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 07:48:33 pm »
Be fair its dog eat dog i have underpriced many times a d got the job. If i clean 10 houses in a road for £10 and recanvas the road and get 5 custies say they pay there window cleaner £15 id undercut and offer to do them for £10.
Mick
I've respected you're comments on here so far - I think you have a lot to offer but this time I beg to differ as has been said on here time and time again there are millions of houses.
Someone asked me to quote the other day then said "Oh but I've got a window cleaner who comes I just want to see if I can save some money."
Sorry I said - but he might have a mortgage and kids and debts to pay - I'm not taking his work - if he lets you down then contact me.
From what I've read here you have £100 jobs in Central London etc.. Why would you undercut for a fiver?
G.

Was using it as an example. I only used to undercut domestics when was canvassing for others. I now only undercut on commercial where it would still benefit me with a good price. Last week i had to price up a big church I quoted £350 for which the manager tells me thats the same as another guy is doing it for so i instantly said i can do it for £300 as is local to me. Got a call this morning and got the job 4 times a year.
I have lost far more commercial than i have gained over the years due to undercutters which annoys me but at the end of the day business is business.
I wouldnt undercut for the sake of it but if i get asked how much would i charge or if i could do it cheaper than they are getting it done for then i try to make a deal as that customer is obviously not happy with there current service.
Maybe i made myself sound a bad guy here but im so not, if i canvas and they say they have a cleaner i walk away, only if they mention they are not happy do i use the charm.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 09:37:48 pm »
It sounds to me like too many people on here care too much about other window cleaners.
If I could I'd wipe out every other company in Plymouth and have it all to myself; as would everyone else.
I started a business to make money, as simple as that; not to give a damm about other cleaning firms.
If I can win a contract by charging a little less than the next guy whilst still making enough to be happy with I'll do it cause the customers money looks beter in my pocket than another cleaner's pocket.
Bloody Hell, I can see it now. Mr Sainsbury telling his staff to make sure their prices aren't any cheaper than Mr Tesco's so as not to upset them.
Get a grip folks, there is no standard price, you charge what you're happy with; I couldn't give a stuff what others charge; if I'm happy with my takings and they provide me and mine with a comfy life style that'll do for me.
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Johnny B

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 10:02:51 pm »
There is another windy local to me. We get on really well and always have a chat when we are working the same street. We know how much each other charge, and as it happens, I am a little cheaper.

That said, I don't try to take his work and he is the same with me. We are both family guys trying to make a living, and have implicit respect for each other.

When I canvasssed my work, I set my own prices and didn't even consider what others would charge. If someone wishes to undercut me, they can try. If I lose customers as a result, then so be it. I find that most customers remain loyal if they are happy with me.

John

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 07:54:00 am »
Mick
G.

Good points mate

G Griffin

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012, 09:06:11 am »
Under cutting is underhanded and a sign of ignorance by the window cleaner for not studying his market he is about to enter. One should not even thing you will catch on a undercut price. Five quid could take you 5 years to catch up with the market prices and by that time its moved on again. This practice will only benefit the customer and kill our industry.The under cutter will be another skeleton along the road to failing business. Ever new comer and windy moving to a new area has a responsibility to check out the pricing.
    It is only a fool that would not realize that the prices build up by window cleaners in an area are that way for a reason.Its soul destroying when some one comes along and damages a market they have never worked in and it a sure fire way to been an out cast in your area.
 THERE IS ONLY ONE WORD FOR THESE STOOGES, IGNORANT.

Give it a rest, Wizkid.
There is a lot of cheap labour about, at the moment, because of the state of the economy. If someone is prepared to do them for less, then you've got to deal with it. This is a situation that goes beyond window cleaning.
We've got to adapt to the situation. If you can't compete on price, then beat them on quality.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Klean07

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 09:14:54 am »

Hi Klean i live in kingswinford where was the customer because i know at leased 15 other windys round here so mite know the guy. i have a feeling it could be a chap called Scott he has done that across me before.
I know Scott though wouldn't of thought it would be him!

evo

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 07:17:03 pm »

I know Scott though wouldn't of thought it would be him!

sorry to say this mate but scott would do that i know because he did it across me but also another guy up woodsetton called mick. if you see me about stop and have a chin wag for 5 mins i am driving a vivaro with shine4u window cleaning all over it you can not miss me.
james

Klean07

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 11:53:48 pm »
Will do mate! Don't suppose it was Clarity was it?

H2GoKent

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 05:55:32 am »
It's always worth asking yourself whether the person at the door is fibbing.

also you have to work how you need to make or want to make and then charge accordingly. If you keep failing to win jobs then you may need to review it.
If you never get turned down then I would think youre not charging enough.
You sometimes have to sell the job to people so they know you're worth it. Tell them about insurance, tax paying, I'll still be here next year, I won't nick your lawnmower etc.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence