This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Undercutters!!
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:55:56 pm »
Had a custie text me earlier saying she doesn't want me to clean her windows again. I asked her why which she replied someone knocked her door and offered to clean them for £10!! That's £6 cheaper than me!!
Can't see him lasting long at those prices!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

SB Cleaning

Re: Undercutters!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:57:41 pm »
How big was the house?

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 07:59:32 pm »
Had a custie text me earlier saying she doesn't want me to clean her windows again. I asked her why which she replied someone knocked her door and offered to clean them for £10!! That's £6 cheaper than me!!
Can't see him lasting long at those prices!

Igot one last week. the same as you actually more or less £10 for what i charge £17. its bad access too, you have to drive round another road to get to the back. whoever nicked it off me is welcome to it  :)

i honestly these days dont mind loosing work, its a chance to canvass knew stuff and have a change of seanary. or else this job gets far too boring doing the same houses year in year out

Klean07

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:00:26 pm »
It has 18 windows and sold last year for £400,000!! Lady is Asian and part owner of a local bathroom company!!

supernova77

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:00:53 pm »
I quoted someone £32 x8 weeks on Saturday... She said "oooh, my last window cleaner was only £16.50".

I asked her why she didn't use him anymore... She said he hadn't been in 9 months... I said he probably wasn't making any money at those prices.

We settled on £30 in the end  ;)

Andy

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 08:16:42 pm »
It has 18 windows and sold last year for £400,000!! Lady is Asian and part owner of a local bathroom company!!
I'm in your area and what you was charging sounds fair.

He won't last long at those prices :o

Klean07

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 08:39:34 pm »
Thats exactly what I told the customer Ive seen it happen before.

steve rix

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 08:50:08 pm »
Lost two last week. 1 for £85.00, customer offered £40.00 and 1 for 82.50 customer has emp,loyed house keeper and she is going to do the windows! I woyuldn't mind so much but he is in the rich list valued at £54,000,000. I have hopes of getting this one back!

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:42 pm »
Under cutting is underhanded and a sign of ignorance by the window cleaner for not studying his market he is about to enter. One should not even thing you will catch on a undercut price. Five quid could take you 5 years to catch up with the market prices and by that time its moved on again. This practice will only benefit the customer and kill our industry.The under cutter will be another skeleton along the road to failing business. Ever new comer and windy moving to a new area has a responsibility to check out the pricing.
    It is only a fool that would not realize that the prices build up by window cleaners in an area are that way for a reason.Its soul destroying when some one comes along and damages a market they have never worked in and it a sure fire way to been an out cast in your area.
 THERE IS ONLY ONE WORD FOR THESE STOOGES, IGNORANT.

gavinb

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 09:09:02 pm »
I woyuldn't mind so much but he is in the rich list valued at £54,000,000. I have hopes of getting this one back!

that's not rich , that's only loose change .

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 09:13:18 pm »
What one needs to do with these guy s is undercut them on the house they just sole off you, do it once or twice and drop them. Anyone stealing business will find how I roll.

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 10:10:52 pm »

And she still pulled the plug on you?  :o
What a shower!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

tompoole

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 08:46:27 am »
I wait for loyal custys that pay what I need to live in south east.
If I'm undercut I point out I'm a tax paying business and live
Local , and money stays in this country, then thank them for their
Business upto now but inform them I won't be price matching.
Cross them of list and replace..... Simple
Most people are now realising that any business needs
To make min of £25 per hour to survive.

Granny

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 01:29:58 pm »
I live in a pre-dominantly Asian area and they are completely different to deal with when it comes to windows!
Mostly they want one-offs or every few months 4 weekly is rare.
Always want to bargain you down.
One cost me 3 houses by finding a cheaper cleaner then telling half the street!
Got a call yesterday wen to quote 17 Windows including 2 sets of patio doors.
Minging not been done for months. £20 I thought was not too bad.
Last cleaner only charged £10!!
Did he clean the frames and doors?
Yes he did (no way they had'nt been done for months and months)
Eventually came down to you can always get the £10 window cleaner to do them - Why has he stopped turning up?
Silence.
End of conversation.
G.

dotty

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 03:25:05 pm »
 it makes you mad but its a free country where i live theres a lot of unemploment and people going round canversing if i see a new cleaners i go over and ask if they are tax reg
p doherty

tompoole

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 03:32:59 pm »
Most Asian custys are good payers but ones from the Pakistan
Afghan area are a total no go for me, not had one reliable one
Yet..... Taken on four in past and have been messed around each
Time , not worth the hastle.

roundbuilder

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:19 pm »
Be fair its dog eat dog i have underpriced many times a d got the job. If i clean 10 houses in a road for £10 and recanvas the road and get 5 custies say they pay there window cleaner £15 id undercut and offer to do them for £10.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 03:37:52 pm »
Be fair its dog eat dog i have underpriced many times a d got the job. If i clean 10 houses in a road for £10 and recanvas the road and get 5 custies say they pay there window cleaner £15 id undercut and offer to do them for £10.

And I hope one day you meet a bigger dog.
Is there any need for that or do you like working for less than what appears could be the going rate?
Art

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:04 pm »
|One day he will find his brain and that will be the day he wakes up to see.What goes around comes around.He has no round as it will be stolen by the next mongrel. IGNORANTMuppets ??? ??? ??? ???

Halfadaylee

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »
|One day he will find his brain and that will be the day he wakes up to see.What goes around comes around.He has no round as it will be stolen by the next mongrel. MICKY Muppet ??? ??? ??? ???

He could tell all his current customers in the street that 5 of his neighbours pay £15 and he could increase his price on the 10 he has to £11 or £12. Thus an increase off the back of another windy.
But hey, wtf.