Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

md_cleaning

cost of websights
« on: October 06, 2012, 01:20:06 pm »
How much do you pay for websight hosting and do you get your moneys worth? I pay £150 per month for it to be hosted and topISH of search engines I also paid £250 for it to be desighned if you want a look it's www.harrogatecarpetcleaning.co.uk   , thoughts please am I paying to much?
I was told it would bring in loads of work but some months has only just paid for itself, I know it needs more and better pics but will that make all the difference??
HELP ???
Dave

*Hector*

Re: cost of websights
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:24:52 pm »
This is the capture of your site using windows 7 and firefox..

think you need to have a word with your bloke wot does it;.......

Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 01:35:21 pm »
£150 a month for hosting?

I pay £150 a year.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »
It's not on the 1st page of google, apart from your places page which you can do yourself.

My hosting is £55 a year. What are they doing for £150 a month?

Your website is not the best I've seen :-\
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 01:49:19 pm »
We pay £40 a year for our main site so £150 a month seems a bit of a rip off :o

dan paton

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 02:03:49 pm »
£150 a month. far too much and as mike says what's he doing for it . your site only comes up on page 2 . there's a guy on the isle of wight will host a 300mgb site for £3 quid a month so even if u need more space it wont cost that much . or else save the money and get a pro to optimise it

Doug Holloway

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 02:47:26 pm »
Hi Dave

As the guys have said you are paying massively over the odds for monthly hosting.

It is not as if he is doing anything clever to rank your site.

Kick him into touch!

Cheers

Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 02:57:19 pm »
does the company own your website and domain name?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Robert Watson

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »
Your right get a hold of the domain name and start again.
As Mike says its not the best site front end or back end.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 05:34:00 pm »
Hi Dave

I see the same as Hector shows

Seems a lot of money :o mate...our website is a 1&1 website costs us 9.99 a month

Richard & Tara

neil 47

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 06:17:46 pm »
http://barnsleycarpetandupholsterycleaners.co.uk/

basic but £36 for 2 years   more than paid for its self
IICRC

garry22

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 06:18:45 pm »
Dave,

The £ 150 figure is irrelevant as it depends on your market. In a competitive market and with your web company is doing promotion for you, it could be quite cheap. HOWEVER....

In your case you are paying about £ 140 too much per month.

The on site optimisation is poor to non existent. You have text that is bordering on hidden (it may even be seen as hidden by a search engine). This is against Google guidelines and in this day and age is stupid. That's not your fault but it does say a lot about that company's level of competence.

Offsite promotion is non existent apart from some links from a doctors' surgery (weird).

Your site is not even on the first page of Google for a relatively uncompetitive term.

I would be interested to see what they are actually billing you £ 150 per month for. As far as I can see, it is nothing.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 06:58:08 pm »
I can not believe this, it's almost rogue traders territory, i wish i could afford to waste £150.00 per month!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Joe W Brown

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 07:42:25 pm »
£150 a month for hosting?

I pay £150 a year.

I pay little more than £15 a year. http://www.hostgator.com/

Ive been designing and running websites since I could write almost and have run some very high traffic sites through hostgator with no problem.

They are top notch.

clairuk

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 01:45:05 pm »
I agree the price you are paying is way above normal....... Most hosting is £50-70 per year, or a fiver to £7 a month!!

I currently use a web site builder program and i can change my website, pictures, keywords and content daily to keep it fresh in the search results........ Content is king and keywords need to be tweeked and added to your site to give your website a natural organic search result. Also Link building is must!!

I have tried many hosting companies from £10 per year - £150 per year. Each time i come back to this one company called BLuevoda. They offer unlimited space, traffic, emails, databases etc which all helps.

Our website currently ranks 1st-3rd in many search terms around Norwich, Norfolk and simply we can not handle the amount of work we get.

I will gladly look after and host your website for 2/3 less than you are currently paying at the moment.
Just £50 per month.

Check out my website and note the tabs. I have keywords entered within that tab and this appears as the page title within Google search results............

A handy tip for anyone with control of there own website!!!

Right click on anyone`s webpage >>> Then Select "View Source" and have a look at what your competition are using for "Keywords", "Meta description" And Page titles.

It make me laugh when i see some CIU members wasting money of leaflets, yell adverts and the like and i pay £6 per month and have more work than i know what to do with!!

Spend time on your website and it will pay off!!

dan paton

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 02:49:51 pm »
hi clairuk . what would i get for my fifty quid a month exactly . especially with regards to google rankings etc
                                                cheers

Dominic Carnell

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 02:57:15 pm »
Your domain, and therefore I assume your hosting, is currently with Heart Internet Ltd (http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/web-hosting/)

You'd be saving a lot of money per year if you went to them directly.

garry22

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »
I have tried many hosting companies from £10 per year - £150 per year. Each time i come back to this one company called BLuevoda. They offer unlimited space, traffic, emails, databases etc which all helps.

Blue Voda has a decent drag and drop editor but overall it's a pain in the rear end.

Blue Voda uses it's own coding system. You can only use it via the Blue Voda editing software (free) and only on sites hosted with Blue Voda.

It uses it's unique code then converts it into html as it publishes the page. If you try to move the site to any other hosting other than BV, it will not publish (unless you cut and paste the source code).

If you add anything that is non standard to the Blue Voda editor, it is lost the next time you publish that page. The only way to add other stuff is to go into the server and add things directly.

A friend of mine uses BV and then expects me to sort out the problems. I hate the thing and I'm I am running out of excuses.

wynne jones

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 09:22:04 pm »
Hostgator are good for buying domains, but host them on Godadday if your not bothered about UK servers.

Off course all those exact name domains on the shelf are worthless since recent Panda changes.  :( 
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Emil Dinev

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 06:19:20 am »
Wynne, what's the big fuss about panda and penguin...just getting confused with all those changes Google make. Someone said to me recently that i have to be very careful with link building because of google penguin....?

Cheers

Emil