This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: Alltec uk gone bust??
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 05:09:41 pm »
So how do you propose they support you better?

perhaps as simply as asking the same question.... "how can we support your better?" ........ever had a supplier ask you this?

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

*Hector*

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 05:16:06 pm »
Only 1... and they now take paypal orders 24 hours a day.. :o :o
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Garyj

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 05:22:30 pm »
So how do you propose they support you better?

perhaps as simply as asking the same question.... "how can we support your better?" ........ever had a supplier ask you this?

I think its pretty much agreed on here that all the suppliers (except 1) offer impecable
customer service. Solutions, Cleansmart, Hydromaster, Restoremate, Alltec and Amtech
all readily give out free advice and some even offer a free forum. Suppose the obvious answer and the one you are looking for is for someone to say "lower prices". But then on the other hand jumping up and down and whinging when someone local drops their prices or does a Groupon deal.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »
Dont be Silly MIKE all they want is our cash, yes some may be HELPFUL in ways but they aren't going to walk hand in hand with you!

Its always been said carpet cleaning is easy to get into, its never been easier for a newBie to get great results as the machines and chemicals are better, than they were 10 years ago.

Barry
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Chris D Thomas

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 05:52:27 pm »
Only 1... and they now take paypal orders 24 hours a day.. :o :o

Our poor excuse for a website (yes, I admit it is ;) ) takes paypal orders 24/7 :D  :D  :D

Improved website aside, what would you guys like to see from us suppliers?
Chris Thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2012, 05:57:43 pm »
The idea of offering superior customer service is so customers don't buy on price and buy on support irrelevant if it's carpet cleaning or equipment supplies places like John Lewis offer great service but comet IMO don't but I bet I could barter comet down to beat John Lewis prices but I won't get the same level of understanding if the item needs returning if faulty.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2012, 06:01:38 pm »
I'd like to see truck mounts ;D

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2012, 06:26:27 pm »
A lot of the Guys I met on visits to Alltec had sunk all their hopes and dreams into making Carpet Cleaning Work

I think suppliers have a moral duty when they sell them a new machine to help them make the business  work. There are many Marketing statergies that beginers could be taught not just the Joe Polish onces  the more business they do the more chance of selling machines

Robert nearly had it right but his support often came at a high price  and as Mike said there was a lot of hype and often you felt you had been invited to events under  under false pretencis

Example The Green Cleaning day no mention of having to pay out a substational amount to join Network the impresion was given you just needed to buy the products .

When I enquired on behalf of a School, about Products being Safe for Children  as it says on the tin I never got an answer and to a certain extent got short shift .

I also got acused at one stage of having too many Free lunches  usually part of the hype to get you to the event. I did point out I recipricated by buying Chemicals when I was there.

Then there was attempt to Start Forum only problem was after the intial flury the experts did not answer the questions

Probably no such thing as a Free Lunch.

On the other hand I had a lot of respect for Alltec and Robert I am  sad for him

I would like to put this suggestion

Start A carpet Cleaning Company employing Staff you are a free agent now. 

Chris did hit nail on head about improving Customer Service especialy when you phone in with problems ensure customer receives a response fast. Check emails also.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2012, 06:55:42 pm »
I bet you all the money in the world that he wont start a carpeting cleaning business emplying staff, with all his busineess and marketing know how. There's alot more money to be made selling marketing courses etc  ;)

Does anyone know for sure that the business went tits up? Maybe he just sold it (as itwasn't making enough for him) or to start something new? (sorry not read the full thread.

Tony