Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Hilton

Re: Spray Borg
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2012, 01:11:36 pm »
No secrecy.  I just cant post a link up as it would be advertising.

I don't know, I think you are doing a pretty good at selling it.  ;)

Paul Moss

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2012, 07:45:44 pm »
Dave Washbrook came to see me to day and was very impressed with my Borg ;D

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2012, 08:16:08 pm »
I will have one with me in Manchester on Wednesday and Newcastle on Thursday next week for anyone who would like to have a nose at one.

Len Gribble

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2012, 08:30:12 pm »
Jamie

What are you DFS ;) 10% you’re having a laff were talking much more tighter than a Yorkshire man  :D

Paul

Jury still out do we need it, partner says  :'(yes I go for the logistics open spaces like commercial corridors ;)

Jamie

If you were near hayling island over the next few days I’d be there  ;) 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2012, 08:41:08 pm »
Jamie

What are you DFS

No, I actually have the items I sell in stock.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 08:43:38 pm »
Your only an hour from Amtech!

Mark Slaney

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 10:27:45 pm »

Len, Amtech are doing a day showing the Borg on the 31st.

See the sponsors board.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52:16 pm »
Thad from Pioneer is hosting this day.

If you are into hard floor cleaning (or comic books) this guy is well worth talking too.

Warwick Sayce

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2012, 09:25:20 pm »
Hello All,

Haven't been around for a while, any more feed back on this machine?

I used to have a challenger OP, but sold it last year, but now i am looking back into this type of system.

Any one done any domestic with it, as I am about to head back into this market to help with cash flow, as commercial seems to be getting harder to get paid on time.

Thanks

Warwick

Craigp

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 10:14:08 pm »
Been watching some vids of the spray borg, it does look great, but pricey at 2400 plus VAT then weights are 250 plus VAT but the one that I dont get is a cotton pad is 150 plus VAT!?

Prob looking at £3,400 with VAT and all the extra bits

But with the praise Paul gives it - it is tempting!!

Paul what Chem do you use?

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2012, 10:49:45 pm »
That's for a pack of 10 pads.

Paul Moss

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2012, 08:55:19 am »
Yep Craig its a pack of 10 pads but they are not like normal cotton bonnetts, they are much bigger and softer  a bit like a thick bath towel.

I have been using 3 different encapps, Restormates Dynamall, Releasit and Environ. All 3 are superb and work well for me both on encapping and extraction also testing them out on upholstery too at the moment. Its early days on which im goning to settle with, probably all 3 ;D.
One thing i have made my mind up with though is that the encapp chems are so much better than the normal extraction/prespary chems i have been using so once my stock of conventional chems is used up im mainly going with encaps for the majority of my cleaning.

If your near CSUK or Amtec then try and get a demo with the Orbit it is a nice bit of kit and it LOOKS and cleans great  ;)

mike beech

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2012, 09:58:54 am »
Warwick,

I have done plenty of domestic with the Orbot and had no problems, it does come with gliders depending on length of pile which make it easier to manoeuvre, if you have a really small tight terrace house I'd choose a different method, though for 3 bed up you can't go wrong.
The Orbot does come with a hefty price tag but its such a versatile bit of kit, I can safely say after doing this work for 10 years its the best investment I've made, the sheer good looks of the thing will give you the confidence to charge more and when you show the customer the filthy pad they know the dirts gone.
After a year of hard graft it still works like new.

Craigp

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2012, 11:00:30 am »
On low profile/commercial can it clean as good as a Truckmount, or ever better?

mike beech

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2012, 11:28:56 am »
I don't own a truckmount so would not like to say, there is no wick back with this system and I know from portable use on low profile it's a nightmare for it.

tomsy

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2012, 01:05:13 pm »
Is the drive-board for the Orbot a porcupine type (stiff bristles), or small spikes like my rotary?

mike beech

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2012, 03:00:11 pm »
It's like a plastic Velcro if that helps.

AshWhite

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2012, 03:50:03 pm »
On a tenuous link, I cleaned a nursery a few days ago which had a mix of wool carpets, glue down, and wool mix carpets.
I did the whole thing with a Cimex. The wool mix was in an office which had been converted from (I'm guessing) a bathroom, and had damp patches in several spots. The room was only about 4ft x 7ft, but it was in such a bad state that it didn't warrant getting the TM fired up just to do a carpet which was trashed anyway.

I doused it in Releasit (to finish what I had left in the sprayer), went over it with the Cimex, and left. I called the owner to say that this particular carpet was trashed and she agreed - neither of us realised how bad it was as it had previously been full of cardboard boxes.

Anyway, I went back there today to collect payment, poked my head into the 'office', and it was like a new carpet! I had to ask her if she had done anything to it, as I couldn't believe the difference. She said no, and she was pleasantly surprised herself how well it had come out, as she had been planning on replacing it.

The point is that this is not a carpet I would have normally considered hitting with a Cimex (wool mix berber), but the results were better than the commercial glue down in the next room. I can see why Paul says that from now on he's going to be mainly encap, the results are much better than you'd probably expect. I just wish I'd have taken a photo for my portfolio!

As an aside, I did 2 x large play rooms, and the small office in an hour - including pre-vac and packing away. HWE at a guess would have been 2 hours.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

mike beech

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2012, 04:11:52 pm »
Good work ash. The new Encap products are the nuts and sometimes yes when the carpet dries out it looks better than when being cleaned! I would have gone for the cimex as well on that, the last great yellow hope, so to speak. I can't wait to get it out again, I've just bought some of the fibreplus pads from Jamie so want to get down and dirty with those bad boys.

AshWhite

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2012, 04:18:47 pm »
The fibreplus pads are what I've been using. I've been flipping them over to extend the life, and they seem to have a decent lifespan.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk