This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roundbuilder

6 weekly window cleaners
« on: September 21, 2012, 03:09:46 pm »
400 customers a month at £10=£4000 a month

600 customers at 6 weekly at £10=£4000 a month still

Explain the logic please why would you want the hastle of gaining an extra 50% of customers to earn the same each month????

d s windowcleaning

Re: 6 weekly window cleaners
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 03:25:57 pm »
do you mean 600 customers per 6 weeks ?
where theres muck theres money

roundbuilder

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 03:36:42 pm »
no i mean 600 customers in 6 weeks still earns the same as 400 customers at 4 weeks or am i missing something??
i can do 6 weeks of my 4 weekly customers as half will be on there 2nd clean and earn the exactly the same without them being as dirty also so will be faster, so to me 6 weekly doesnt add up as a benefit.

roundbuilder

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 03:38:04 pm »
do you mean 600 customers per 6 weeks ?

oh see what you mean. i changed it. cheers

C o z y

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 04:02:01 pm »
Yes Mick. We do 6 weekly only. Yes we need more customers, but hardly any cancelations and no moaning about "Is it that time already". No more "Not this time" and the windows are dirtier so people are happy to see us. I'm a bit odd ( ;) ) because I don't mind door knocking and find canvassing easy, so getting 50% more customers than I would need on 4 weekly isn't an issue.

I read a lot of stuff in the past and his helped me be more confident so getting new customers isn't as hard for people like me. When I first started, everything was 4 weekly, I find 6 weekly next to stress free compared to that. There is another point, many customers means more solid customer base. If I lose 1 or 2, then there's time to replace before the next tour.

There's another point I've used in the summer. I've run early and cut the tour down to 5 and a half weeks just before I go on hols. Nobody notices!!!  :D Lets me take a bit more holiday.

I suppose if someone finds getting work hard, then 4 weekly is easier. Fear of rejection on the doorstep can make grown men cry.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

richywilts

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 04:05:24 pm »
YOU CHARGE MORE SIMPLE I WAS LUCKY I CHANGED A LOT OF MY 8 WEEKLY TO 6 WEEKLY AT SAME PRICES
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

C o z y

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »
Yeah Richy, you could, but we don't.

sham33

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 04:16:44 pm »
I think a lot of people dont want it every 4 weeks. If i was starting again i would go for every 6 weeks for a stronger more secure round.

gary999

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 04:28:29 pm »
more go for 6 weekly when i quote now

Perfect Windows

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 04:39:35 pm »

Explain the logic please why would you want the hastle of gaining an extra 50% of customers to earn the same each month????

How about:

20 customers a day at £10 = £4,000 a month.

400 customers a month at £10 = £4,000 a month.

Explain the logic please why would you want the hassle of gaining an extra 1900% of customers to earn the same each month????

You see, I run my business to give my customers what they want rather than what I want.  Radical stuff on here, but I do it. 

My customers don't want four weekly cleans, as attested to by the fact that 2/3 of them are 12-weekly at a 50% price premium.  That suggests a big demand for longer intervals, if people are prepared to pay for it.

Vin

Erithwc

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »
i started doing every 6 weeks now do 5 or 10 weekly works great  ;) ;) ;)

C o z y

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 05:06:51 pm »

How about:

Explain the logic please why would you want the hassle of gaining an extra 1900% of customers to earn the same each month????

You see, I run my business to give my customers what they want rather than what I want.  Radical stuff on here, but I do it. 

My customers don't want four weekly cleans, as attested to by the fact that 2/3 of them are 12-weekly at a 50% price premium.  That suggests a big demand for longer intervals, if people are prepared to pay for it.

Vin

Nice to offer whatever the customer wants, but when you're up to the limit on what you want regarding work, then it's take it or leave it. I'm not moving the goal posts to fit a few customers wishes mate. They get what's on offer. Nothing aggressive, just that I haven't got the options and enough hours in the day to offer a "Whatever you want" service.

I see your point, but I can't offer that.

roundbuilder

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 05:11:08 pm »

How about:

Vin

I cant understand why all your customers wouldnt want 4 weekly when all mine do??? your just creating extra work for yourself as will be that much more dirty. i mainly do front only cleans on a 4 week basis charging £10 a pop and never have customers say that im to regular in fact some ask for 2 weekly who are on main roads, even if i did these 6 weekly i wouldnt be able to charge them any more as no one would pay any higher for there fronts.
as for 12 weekly they may as well be first cleans each time especialy in winter so no wonder you charge an extra 50%.

I run my business how I want and the way I want it is how i would imagine most do- to earn as much money as possible with the minimal amount of work carried out to do so, so for me i cant justify having the 6 weekly. I have just over 1000 customers who are all pretty much on 4 weekly bar 100 odd on 8 weekly due to money issues or in central london where i do them every other month on sundays. if i did every customer on 6 weekly id be at a big loss.
So i still cant understand why you say all your customers want 6 weekly? if all your customers wanted you to go 6 monthly would you??? i work my round how i want not how customers want.

LWC

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 05:13:18 pm »
I used to be 4 weeks years ago and i knocked them all to 5 - 6 weeks. I did notice the old "that time again is it" "has it really been a month?" comments, now i dont. Even on this time scale i fall behind, im that busy with work i dont care where the money comes from i just get on with work and new stuff comes in daily, i earn a decent wage and i look after my customers the best i can.

roundbuilder

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 05:24:16 pm »
i started doing every 6 weeks now do 5 or 10 weekly works great  ;) ;) ;)
good for you, not sure what the winks are for though as the way i see it your the 1 needing extra to have a full round and have to put more work in to do so??.
you work the same areas as me so you should know there isnt a prob with the frequency's. Plus i know i charge more than you for cleans so with no pun intended i cant understand why you would rather 5 or 6 weekly over 4 especially as you are building up needing customers???.

C o z y

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 05:28:24 pm »
I see what you mean Mick, but you could just as easily ask who works Sundays. You find 4 weekly better and have no issues that some of us have had. Great. However, I got into this game for free time and minimum work for maximum money. So working Sundays is a no no for me.

At least you've had a few answers to your question. There isn't a right or wrong way to go about earning in the time you choose. ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 05:29:42 pm »

I cant understand why all your customers wouldnt want 4 weekly when all mine do??? your just creating extra work for yourself as will be that much more dirty. i mainly do front only cleans on a 4 week basis charging £10 a pop and never have customers say that im to regular in fact some ask for 2 weekly who are on main roads, even if i did these 6 weekly i wouldnt be able to charge them any more as no one would pay any higher for there fronts.
as for 12 weekly they may as well be first cleans each time especialy in winter so no wonder you charge an extra 50%.

I run my business how I want and the way I want it is how i would imagine most do- to earn as much money as possible with the minimal amount of work carried out to do so, so for me i cant justify having the 6 weekly. I have just over 1000 customers who are all pretty much on 4 weekly bar 100 odd on 8 weekly due to money issues or in central london where i do them every other month on sundays. if i did every customer on 6 weekly id be at a big loss.
So i still cant understand why you say all your customers want 6 weekly? if all your customers wanted you to go 6 monthly would you??? i work my round how i want not how customers want.

If you think a 12-weekly clean is like a first clean, then you clearly have never done one.  Also, if you think a winter 12-weekly clean is harder, ditto.  It's summer pollen, slugs and spiders that hurt.

Your problem with understanding why I do it is that you're not taking into account the price increase.

A 12-weekly clean takes me seconds (literally) more than a 6-weekly.  At a 50% uplift in price, I LOVE 12-weeklies.  I even work very hard at talking my 6-weekly cleans into moving to 12-weekly, so either I'm a complete idiot (possible) or I know something you don't know.

Yes, my round took longer to grow, but equally, with 2/3 of my customers at a 50% price uplift, I'm earning far more per hour in return for that work.

Ref your question about 6-monthly, I have a few.  They pay 2.25x the price of a six-weekly.  I love them even more than the 12-weekly.  They take maybe 20% more time than a 6-weekly clean but I'm earning so much more per hour.

Still, you're on here to pursue an agenda rather than ask a question, so no doubt I'll be totally wrong.

Vin

roundbuilder

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 05:38:24 pm »
I see what you mean Mick, but you could just as easily ask who works Sundays. You find 4 weekly better and have no issues that some of us have had. Great. However, I got into this game for free time and minimum work for maximum money. So working Sundays is a no no for me.

At least you've had a few answers to your question. There isn't a right or wrong way to go about earning in the time you choose. ;)

Yes i have heard why people go every 6 weeks. I still cant understand why but there you go. i too like free time but the houses i do on the sunday are £100-200 and can only be done on sunday as thats when they are in and also the only day where i can park as in central london it is my best day and part of my job doing the sunday and i even look forward to doing it as by far the best earnings for a days work im ever likely to get  im near the point where I earn just as much for a sunday than i do for the whole week doing my standard stuff. shame its only 2 sundays every 2 months

C o z y

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 05:42:01 pm »
Then I admit, with those sums, I'd work Sunday!!!  ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 05:46:18 pm »

If you think a 12-weekly clean is like a first clean, then you clearly have never done one.  Also, if you think a winter 12-weekly clean is harder, ditto.  It's summer pollen, slugs and spiders that hurt.

Your problem with understanding why I do it is that you're not taking into account the price increase.

A 12-weekly clean takes me seconds (literally) more than a 6-weekly.  At a 50% uplift in price, I LOVE 12-weeklies.  I even work very hard at talking my 6-weekly cleans into moving to 12-weekly, so either I'm a complete idiot (possible) or I know something you don't know.

Yes, my round took longer to grow, but equally, with 2/3 of my customers at a 50% price uplift, I'm earning far more per hour in return for that work.

Ref your question about 6-monthly, I have a few.  They pay 2.25x the price of a six-weekly.  I love them even more than the 12-weekly.  They take maybe 20% more time than a 6-weekly clean but I'm earning so much more per hour.

Still, you're on here to pursue an agenda rather than ask a question, so no doubt I'll be totally wrong.

Vin
not at all. as you say its your business so why would i say your right or wrong. i myself have never charged any more for 8 weekly so in that aspect you are correct 100% as i dont know however for me i find most that goto 8 weekly from 4 are the customers who cant afford to have it done 4 weekly so i wouldnt dream of charging more. also the customers who can afford it that are 8 weekly are likely to know the customers that are 4 weekly and cancal on me due to paying 50% more than there neighbour so for my business that wouldnt work, also id be that much more at risk that customer being underpriced by someone else by a big price margin.
Like i said i can see your point and think fair play to you but you must see mine too??
dont forget i aim for front only victorian terrace houses that take 3 mins tops to do and can get £10's all day long however even if i did do these 8 weekly i dont think i would get £15 for them however im sure up for trying but my cancelation rate would be HUGE.