This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stu Roberts

New contract work.
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:40:35 am »
Morning all,

Recently, I have recently been discussing with a client the options of a possible floor cleaning contract. I have not had any experience when it comes to arranging and proposing for contract based work.

This is something I am looking at getting more involved with, and I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me any assistance or point in the right direction.

Thanks,

Stu.

Mike_Boxall

Re: New contract work.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 01:20:01 pm »
Hi Stu

What sort of advice or you looking for? If you're already working for the client then I'd assume you already have an arrangement for paying etc. is it some sort of contract documentation you're after? In reality unless you have to invest in a lot of staff and / or equipment then I would have thought a standard written quote is all you would need to put together.

Regards

Mike

Stu Roberts

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:13:02 pm »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I completed an office clean a few weeks back and the customer was really happy with the results, so much so that I proposed the option of a possible contract. I already do have an arrangements with payment, but this is basically in the form of a cheque after work is completed. I'm guessing, although I have no experience, that arranging some sort of formal contract with the client would mean more work in the future and it would also offer value to my business....

I really want to try and move away from the domestic scene when I have more knowledge in the world of contract cleaning. I guess, yes, it is contract documentation that I'm after really.... this is a massive stumbling block for me at the minute. When I have an idea of the kind of contracts I need to submit, I can really start the ball moving.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stu.

cml

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:42:05 pm »
Hi,

Rather than make things more complicated than necessary then a quotation listing works and costs and duration would suffice.  You already have the payment terms locked down which is in the form of a cheque.

I guess your right at this stage your not clear on what documentations you require.  More information would be required to give you a more informed answer. 

I hope this helps.