This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe W Brown

Cleantalk very heavily moderated in favour of own products
« on: September 16, 2012, 10:49:02 am »
I own a new carpet cleaning business in Norwich.

A few weeks ago I joined cleantalk forum, to ask advice and browse the discussions. I was very excited, since I am very aware that the information on the forum (as with this forum) is invaluable for a startup carpet cleaner and I saw a forum like that as being the make or brake of my business, if I am to use it to its maximum potential.

I quickly noticed all the rave reviews of a certain cleaning product (*-pow**) and was quick to get my card out and purchase some of the product. A few days later it arrived in the post and excitedly I tried it out on the job which I had that morning.

After following recommended instructions, i applied warm, agitated, let it sit for 10 minute. then rinsed it off the heavily traffic marked wool carpet (it was in particually bad condition) and was quite unimpressed with the results. Not much change at all.

When I got home i posted my results on cleantalk and asked how this particular product compares to microsplitter products by another company (this other company, was the company who I had completed courses with and had been trained with and always used their products)

A few hours later, to my suprise, I had recieved a really unkind and hostile reply on the forum from a moderator, claiming that his records showed I had not purchased the said *-pow** and accusing me of working for a competitor, in order to market their products.

I posted a lengthly reply back to that post which included my invoice number and date of purchase (a few days before) and explaining that I had trained and bought all my equipment from competing company, so have always used their products. I was now interesting in expanding my list of products, hence my order and questions.

Apparently my public replies now needed to be moderated before they where visable, so I waited for the moderators to approve. And waited. And then my reply dissapeared into thin air.

Meanwhile other people had joined the discussion - commenting that my lack of reponse proves that I work for the competitor.

I was getting quite upset by this time and was desperatly posting replies, but each one was getting deleted by the moderators, who made no explination to me or anyone else.

I sent an email to an active moderator, requesting a solution to this problem (scuse the pun) but still have not received a reply to this day.

I recieved a phonecall from an associate a few days later, who had seen the accusations on the forum. He explained that this sort of behavour is common on the forum. Apparently they do not like any good comments about other products on the market, but praise any downtalking of them.

What struck me the most is their distinct lack of respect for me -  one of their own customers.

:-/

Mike Halliday

Re: Cleantalk very heavily moderated in favour of own products
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:03:56 am »
Joe this is a problem with the forums, there are so many shills that its hard to see the real people who are genuine,  i read your post on Cleantalk

what you need to do is show that you are a real person with a real company other wise people will just accuse you of being a trouble causer, just like this post unless you fill out your profile everyone will see this post as an anti-cleantalk post rather than a genuine grievance

whats your company name & web address?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:05:43 am »
 ;D  ;D

Now there,s a surprise,  ::)  having said that the forum is owned by the supplier , so you will discover any mention of other products are met with a fervent response, you may even discover a few of the members on here who occasionaly mention the said suppliers products with some suttle placment advertising, quite easy to spot when you know though  ;)

Geoff.
ps.  got to agree, not nice when they accuse of making things up !!
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:07:39 am »
thought you was on your way to Dubai today Mike?

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 11:09:27 am »
tonight.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:11:00 am »
Cleantalk is a vehicle to sell solutions products and many of us oldies know this, the way I personally look at it is that it 'their' forum and 'they' can do what they want with it, I appreciate your concern though but if you go onto mitey forum or any other manufacturers forum you'll find a simular attitude, relax and enjoy this forum it may or may not be to your liking it's sometimes referred to on other forums as 'shout it up' but there is no agenda probably less rules a bit more of a 'lads' get together things do tend to roll a bit most like it that way some don't but it's your choice.

So welcome and enjoy.

Shaun (moderator)

Joe W Brown

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 11:14:40 am »
Joe this is a problem with the forums, there are so many shills that its hard to see the real people who are genuine,  i read your post on Cleantalk

what you need to do is show that you are a real person with a real company other wise people will just accuse you of being a trouble causer, just like this post unless you fill out your profile everyone will see this post as an anti-cleantalk post rather than a genuine grievance

whats your company name & web address?

thanks for all the replies.

My website is www.carpetranger.com

SteveAllan

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 11:38:46 am »
Don't worry about it mate ( just don't promote your storm lol)
There is a lot of great guys on there who have a wealth of info to help you. I too have had problems with that M stuff and up our way I changed the dilution to 100/1 and allowed a bit more dwell which seemed to be better, however it's not the be all and end all sometimes we have not got the time to hang about when other products will work quicker and better. I think you just have to take what you need from that forum as you have noted they are not interested when anything else is mentioned machine or chemicals from another supplier.

Paul Moss

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 01:03:08 pm »
 ;D ding ding ding

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 01:48:58 pm »
Sounds like you got a raw deal there Joe.

Maybe worth phoning Nick and asking him whats going on? I'm sure he'll find it hard to blatantly lie to your face regarding your purchase of the product.

Just use this forum, you'll get a ton more information from a ton more members with no agenda! (apart from a small few trying to plug certain products... ;))

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 02:18:22 pm »
My advise if still use both but realise the limitations of each

Doug Holloway

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 04:19:24 pm »
Hi Guys

It always helps to know who pays for something as it allows a certain circumspection to some of the answers.

Personally I don't post on Cleantalk because I want to be free to say what I think.

You have a choice which to use but I know which I prefer.

Cheers

Doug

john martin

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »

If anyone Googles    'carpet cleaning forum UK'  , its top of the listing ! ..

It poses as a normal CC forum ...  but Its a Venus flytrap !

It lures the unsuspecting for grooming and corrals the already indoctrinated .  :o

creighton foyle

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 05:40:33 pm »
I would'nt worry about it mate, he banned me for telling someone on this forum that he was once involved with a business that went bankrupt. truth hurts.

by the way john kelly sells nemesis which is the same type of cleaner as mpower and his company has a good reputation.

richie

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 05:43:15 pm »
Cleantalk used to be a really good forum....then Solutions took it over and they ruined it.  As you have already noticed they dont like you talking about chemicals unless its ones they make / sell and dont dare mention you got poor results from his chemicals if you do you end up having to have your posts moderated before going public or banned.  Many people have been banned by Nick.  I understand he bought the website to promote his own company but i think he went a step to far and as i said he ruined the forum.

richie

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 05:46:47 pm »
In reply to john Martins comment.......that is very true, in fact i call the CleanTalk / Solutions followers "SHEEP" :)  They all follow what Nick tells them to do

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 05:56:02 pm »
I take forums as a bit of light entertainment many people on here are duplicated or use pseudonyms how can you take members on their true word?

Solutions take their forum very seriously and defend it vigorously as they do their products but life is all about opinions I use cleantalk I abide by their rules but I dont use their products it's my choice.

Shaun

richie

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 06:01:48 pm »
Thing is they say Cleantalk is a open forum but in fact it is NOT.   How can it be open if your not allowed to talk about other products or say you cant get a good result with one of their products.

SteveAllan

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 06:11:25 pm »
I believe we should just give and take what we need from both forums, good guys on both willing to help, you will always get someone who rubs you up the wrong on any forum. As for chemicals etc, we have to make our own informed choice, yes I use some of their chemicals not because I have been brainwashed but because I like them and they work well. Having said that I also use Cleansmarts, Prochem, Chemspec because I also like them and they work well.

garry22

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 06:12:24 pm »
In the interest of fairness here Joe, you received lots of helpful answers from various people and you left this reply...

Thanks everso much for your advice and kind welcomes.

I use the sebo duo to agitate. Normally i simply run it over once as if I was using a wand, but slightly slower. Maybe this is not enough for this kind of job?

I have HD-x by CS. Can i assume this is not going to have the same effect as Solution HD if sprayed over?

It was mentioned that m-power is not compatible with other additives to mix. Normally I add orange-x to almost all my presprays (in the CS range) to increase solvency, as I find it makes them so much more effective on traffic lanes. Am i wrong in doing this?

Its helpfull to know dwell time can be 10 mins and start on application rather than agitation. That makes
Ife simpler. I like the tea and cake idea. Maybe too much!