This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

oceancolour

resin
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:32:40 pm »
hi can any one shed any light on why my resin in 10 inch container only last 48 hours i have new membranes and pre filters only thing i have not changed is the flow restricter any help appreciated thanks
jeff from bristol

Banbury Window Cleaning

Re: resin
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:09:55 pm »
what RO do you have? whats the tds into the RO and coming out TDS?
In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment."

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:25:44 pm »
Suggest you check to make sure your waste is actually going to waste on each housing. It's very easy to connect them back up incorrectly.

Next, check each membrane individually to see if you have a problem with just one. You do this by uncoupling the tube from each housing that goes to pure before they go to the di cannister. Let the r/o run for a while and then test the water out of each outlet. If there is a faulty one/one not seated properly, you will find it this way.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

oceancolour

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:06:36 am »
thankyou for that.  that sounds likley cause i did add a extra membrane to get more water quickly so maybe i put it in wrong. i will try and find diagram to check all is right thnks for your help..
jeff from bristol

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 07:49:01 am »
Assuming that your di vessesl and ro unit are seperate..

Test the water coming out of your ro unit - should be between 5-30 really
Test the water after the di vessel - should be 0

if the water out of the ro unit is higher than this then the problem is in the ro setup, if its coming out lower and the di isnt scrubbing it then its a problem with the di.

If the problem is the RO unit then it probably is the waste thing above

If the problem is with the DI its probably either the container isnt screwed together properly (breaks the seal to the part that holds the resin and water passes through unfiltered) or you have a bad batch of resin.

There is a post somewhere by Alex Gardiner that tells you an easy way to test your resin by putting it in a cup of water :)

oceancolour

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:51:47 am »
thanks mate
jeff from bristol

oceancolour

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 10:07:42 am »
thanks for advice mate it was spot on cheers
jeff from bristol