Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Cole

Wooden Floor Restoration
« on: August 23, 2012, 08:49:31 pm »
Anyone do this, is their a big demand and is it easy to get into?  Currently I do carpet cleaning but am doing a Hard Floor course soon and hoping to do a wood sanding and finishing course shortly afterwards.  Equipment wise it does seem to be expensive to get into and I have found some local tool hire centers who hire out Bona 10" belt sanders which would make it a cheaper option to start with and dip my toe into the market before committing myself to spending thousands on equipment. Anyway any advice on starting on wood restoration would be appreciated.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Jamie Pearson

Re: Wooden Floor Restoration
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »
Hi Richard,

We have a team that do wood restoration on a daily basis.
The Bona machines are good quality bits of kit.
Definately go for them rather than the normal HSS ones that take papers instead of continuous belts.
A full set up consists of belt sander, edge sander, finishing sander (rotary machine) or lagler trio style dust extractor optional.
That little lot is upwards of £10k easily.
If you buy the right kit it will give years of service.
We went for Lagler stuff and its over 15years old and still working well.

Terry Guilford

Re: Wooden Floor Restoration
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 03:24:18 pm »
Hi Richard,

As per my post in reply to Ferenc, we run floor sanding training courses on a regular basis and successful completion of the course can lead to Affiliation to the largest brand in the UK and Ireland. Lagler is very good equipment but no longer the best in every machine category. Our next training course is on the 6th and 7th of February, email if you want more details (terry.guilford@ultimatefloorsanding.com)and in the meantime check out our UK and Ireland websites.

www.ultimatefloorsanding.co.uk

www.ultimatefloorsanding.com

Terry