This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick Wareham

Re: Federation of Window Cleaners
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 12:14:35 am »
The Federation of Window Cleaners

LOL

Joke organization.

That is all.

g.brookes

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 10:45:52 am »
cheers for that nick, useful contribution.  Archer I can confirm that they do pass on all of their leads equally, its just that they get so few lads because 99% of people looking for a window cleaner have never heard of FWC and do go through FWC to find a cleaner

Archer

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 07:40:48 pm »

G.brookes,

can you explain why in all the years i have been a member,i have never recieved ONE lead from then, that is if they are passed on equally ??????????????????????

Tom White

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 07:49:10 pm »

G.brookes,

can you explain why in all the years i have been a member,i have never recieved ONE lead from then, that is if they are passed on equally ??????????????????????

You support Man U don't you?

Nuff said.  ;D

Archer

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 08:03:43 pm »

Tosh,

yes i do, but the point i was trying to make was g.brookes said they pass enquiries equally, i have been a member for years and never once have they even contacted me apart from asking for yearly subscriptions.

So they DO NOT equally pass them around at all.

g.brookes

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 10:21:44 pm »
archer, as i said in my previous reply, its not that they dont pass on their leads fairly, its that they barely get any leads at all.  when they do get a lead, they give the phone number of the 3 window cleaners closest to the customer.  so even when they pass your details on they may not ring you cos they ring one of the other two.
they post in the magazine and in the yearly newletter what postcodes they have had enquiries from, so you should check that and if your post codes covered comes up then give them a call

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 09:24:36 am »
if there anything like the carpet cleaning lot they will be sat there lineing there own pockets knocking every new starter that doesnt conform to there rules

Archer

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 07:03:49 pm »

g.brookes,

can i ask how you know exactly that they dont get many leads ?

andy_a

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 08:48:48 pm »
There web site is very badly laid out and very complicated for non regular users? if your in any doubt log on.   

None of my customers care if im in the Fed as they have no idea who or what they are?

Smudger

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 10:21:47 pm »
 when i started out i couldn't believe their was a professional body for windy's - and i was proved right the FWC are so
outdated i'm not sure that they even know ww2 has been and gone...

thats sad really -  window cleaning has moved on the Fed has not - i was sent a couple of 'free' issues a while ago and i was asleep by the end of page 1 - i know WFP is still very much in the minority but to ignore completely is utterly stupid.

a proper organisation should protect ALL forms of the industry and as a recognised body it should gathre and collate all large tenders and pass these onto members for them to bid on - the Fed dhould also have an open forum for all and closed forum for members only.  real discounts for accountants, insureance, equipment etc...

oh yes -  and a mag that does not bore the reader to death banging on about the same 2 companies ( such great details as the latest office bod has passed NVQ level 2 ! - woo hoo well worth a page and a half ) and the latest region commitee vote where (yet) another non wfp experienced chappie is voted in as chairman

FWC - no thanks i can spend £100 notes on something more worthwhile !
and by the by - no custy has ever asked or stopped using me because i'm not a member !

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »
The Master Guild of Window Cleaners does what it says on the tin.

I'm a member of it.

You get some stickers, a logo that you can import to word documents to show you are a member and proof that a member has public liability insurance (which is the only thing I get asked for by some commercial and local authority custies) is shown on their website.

I don't think I have ever had a call as a result of being in it except one "D'you want to do the police mag" scammer who referred to it.

But it's only £20-odd, they support wfp as the safest method and so why not?

It's a game of three halves!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 10:14:48 pm »
Cheque is in the post Malc!  ;D ;D ;D

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 10:50:40 pm »
The Master Guild Of Window Cleaners,

A girl in an office 18 miles away from me asked her dad(200 miles away)the best way to find a good window cleaner(she was given the job of finding one).He got on the net on her behalf and reported back to her "You shouldn`t go wrong if you get someone on the Master Guild of Window Cleaners site,all insured etc.".
  £244 every 6 weeks,pleasant work and excellent hourly rate,thank you.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 07:37:04 pm »

Lee,

i have been a member for years and NEVER ONCE have had a call from them regarding providing quotations anywhere.

Your not telling me, that The Federation of Window Cleaners do not get calls from potential customers asking for a reputable window cleaner ?

To be totally honest its pretty poor, they should be forwarding all enquiries to window cleaners to allow them to atleast have a chance of providing quotations.

Or is this jobs for the boys ??????????????????

Apart from using the logo and saying im a member of the federation of window cleaners, i cannot really see what its about.

They should be helping window cleaners to make contact with as many potential customers as possible instead of having to pay or join up to money making schemes.

I am thinking the same thing ( I too am a member since 1999 )... I will be putting you guys comments to the Fed shortly.........

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 07:39:01 pm »
cheers for that nick, useful contribution.  Archer I can confirm that they do pass on all of their leads equally, its just that they get so few lads because 99% of people looking for a window cleaner have never heard of FWC and do go through FWC to find a cleaner

I think that is an area that really needs to be improved... I found a comment earlier that mentioned the 'find a window cleaner' section of the FWC website was difficult to find.......

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 07:41:03 pm »
archer, as i said in my previous reply, its not that they dont pass on their leads fairly, its that they barely get any leads at all.  when they do get a lead, they give the phone number of the 3 window cleaners closest to the customer.  so even when they pass your details on they may not ring you cos they ring one of the other two.
they post in the magazine and in the yearly newletter what postcodes they have had enquiries from, so you should check that and if your post codes covered comes up then give them a call

Thats a good idea. The FWC needs change and profile raising, I think.... it needs to stand for the majority...

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2012, 07:45:33 pm »
when i started out i couldn't believe their was a professional body for windy's - and i was proved right the FWC are so

thats sad really -  window cleaning has moved on the Fed has not - i was sent a couple of 'free' issues a while ago and i was asleep by the end of page 1 - i know WFP is still very much in the minority but to ignore completely is utterly stupid.

a proper organisation should protect ALL forms of the industry and as a recognised body it should gathre and collate all large tenders and pass these onto members for them to bid on - the Fed dhould also have an open forum for all and closed forum for members only.  real discounts for accountants, insureance, equipment etc...

oh yes -  and a mag that does not bore the reader to death banging on about the same 2 companies ( such great details as the latest office bod has passed NVQ level 2 ! - woo hoo well worth a page and a half ) and the latest region commitee vote where (yet) another non wfp experienced chappie is voted in as chairman

and by the by - no custy has ever asked or stopped using me because i'm not a member !

Darran

If Fed didn't change, do we need a new MODERN, PROACTIVE window cleaning association that puts members first, providing marketing webimars, marketing forms, business templates, an active business generation for members, discounted goods etc etc?? Something that means something... what sort of an association do you feel will gain the most street fred amongst window cleaners?

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »
Lee

Why don't you do a interview with the FSB, I can arrange someone to give you a really good interview, not only on what the FSB is about but also what it does for its members.

William

p1w1

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 09:07:30 pm »

Darran

If Fed didn't change, do we need a new MODERN, PROACTIVE window cleaning association that puts members first, providing marketing webimars, marketing forms, business templates, an active business generation for members, discounted goods etc etc?? Something that means something... what sort of an association do you feel will gain the most street fred amongst window cleaners?
that's exactly what we need

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2012, 10:05:55 pm »
>William - he's already doing an interview with them ...

How many on here are in the Fed? What would you change about it?

I am due to interview the FWC shortly..... Is there any serious questions you would like me to ask or is there anything you wished the Fed would do for members?
It's a game of three halves!