This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Opportunity Wales - They Seem Very Good!
« on: January 23, 2006, 03:51:04 pm »
This is really for the window cleaners who live in Wales...

I'm putting together a mailing list of large(ish) commercial properties in and around the Chepstow area (hotels/care homes/schools/other stuff) and in the process of doing a mailshot to each of them offering our window cleaning services.

Anyway, I thought it was a shame I don't have a web-site to put on my mailshot, so I gave Opportunity Wales a phonecall.

They were spot on.

I've now got some e-commerce guru visiting me on the 31st of Jan to tell me how to go about it and I could be eligible for funding upto £180 to help me.

I did explain that I'm only a 'Mickey Mouse' window cleaner, and asked if the visit would be worth it.

The advisor was extremely encouraging, and listed all the benifits I could get from it.  For example it's acts as a brochure for your business.  Makes communication easier.  Also an advert.

Anyway, it's all free.

If anyone wants to see Opportunity Wales's website it's here:

www.opportunitywales.co.uk

Sarah Sarill

Re: Opportunity Wales - They Seem Very Good!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 04:16:57 pm »
Tosh,

If you are getting up to £180 funding - what sort of outlay will the start-up costs be ?

Sound good to me - I might have a bit of that  ;)

Thanks,

Sarah
Sarah

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 04:35:50 pm »
Tosh,

If you are getting up to £180 funding - what sort of outlay will the start-up costs be ?

Sound good to me - I might have a bit of that  ;)

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah,

As far as I'm aware, I've no costs at all.

I get a free visit by some e-commerce guru and then she goes away and writes up a recommendation report.

I'm under no obligation to follow her recommendations; but if I do, I guess that's where the cost comes in.

Depending where in Wales you live, the more or less support you get.

I guess this area is fairly well-off, so I won't get as much as someone in a deprived Valley's area.  I think it's a government scheme that's trying to make Wales more affluent.

After the visit, I'll put a follow-up post about what happened.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 04:43:25 pm »
Thanks Tosh,

Have considered a web site for a while so your findings would be a help.

Sarah
Sarah

jsm

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 07:46:51 pm »
thanks Tosh - wonder if they will help a Essex boy living in Wales  ;) worth a phone call .
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout