Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clive ware

Airflex Storm
« on: July 28, 2012, 09:22:02 pm »
Has anyone tried getting an Airflex Storm upstairs? I bought as a powereful portable but not finding it very portable! I struggle to get it in and out of my Citroen Relay and getting it up a flight of stairs seems impossible. It surely needs a handle on the front or something to hold on to!

steve prince

Re: Airflex Storm
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 09:24:42 pm »
i have the airflex turbo and yes there bloody heavy ,i wouldnt even contemplate taking it up stairs  :o . I either put outside of custy's house or run from the van with 50/75ft of hose

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 09:37:01 pm »
Its quite easy no?  ??? Is the machine totaly empty of water when your lifting?

Tilt it on the back wheels and away you go.

Also, if your not lieing the machine on its back when its in the van, then remove the wheels on the handles as you'll get a better grip on the handle.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:55:46 pm »
You lot need to eat more shredded wheat, get it on it's back wheels and balanced. I wouldn't take it up more than 1 flight but it's not the heaviest thing in the world.

You wanna try getting 7m x 5m of 42oz twist up a flight of stairs.

Richard Cole

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 10:39:34 pm »
I have the Storm, why would you want too take it upstairs, you can run up to 150 hose off it.  That being said flats are a different matter and yes they are a little bit heavy to lift. I don't do many flats and have done one since I got it and the landlord was a really good bloke and helped me up two floors but I got it down on my own, never again though. Previous to the Storm i had two other machines and although easier to get up stairs they still presented a challenge. If you think you might be doing flats on a regular basis I would look at getting a smaller machine for these jobs.   The Storm is still the best machine I have ever had, it is my third.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 08:31:20 am »
I bet mrs.ware doesn't have a handle on the front and I bet you get her upstairs ... Sometimes ;D

Shaun

Billy Russell

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 08:33:16 am »
I bet mrs.ware doesn't have a handle on the front and I bet you get her upstairs ... Sometimes ;D

Shaun

Yes, but i bet he hopes she's emptied her waste tank first!!!!

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 09:17:52 am »
or maybe a good pair of handles on the side ;)

james roffey

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 10:54:04 am »
Had an Airflex turbo  for over two years and only once have i ever not been able to do a job because of the weight, it runs over 150ft of hose  ??? the weight is an easy trade off for the power.

ps i have never struggled to get it into my dispatch if you do it right you never actually lift the whole weight.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 12:17:55 pm »
The Ninja with built in tank heater and in-line heater weighs somewhere around 70kg.

It's not much fun taking it up to a second floor apartment but there are occassions when I've had to do that more than once in a day.

Keeps me fit, though. :)

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 03:27:27 pm »
Crikey Roger that V2 heater must weigh about  30kg?!  My ninja without a V2 is only 35-odd ???

Shaun / Billy....  PMSL!!!  classic!! ;D ;D

Russ Chadd

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 09:28:34 pm »
I had an Airflex Turbo and it was heavy!
Sometimes flats are going to be unavoidable and your just going to have to get a friend to help you lift the thing up a flight of stairs... i would prefer to have the machine closer just to be able to monitor the waste water level etc..

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 09:52:35 pm »
I had an airflex and never had any weight issues great machine   i used sling over my shoulder and run up the stairs mind you i am a farmers son

clinton

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 07:51:15 am »
Maybe you need to get some more hose then clive..would not keep trying to take it upstairs..

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:06 am »
I was looking into a stair climbing trolley as used by removal and electric appliances shops. for doing hotels etc with my portable which also weight a ton and you do your back in using stair climbing wheels as handle is low ( yes i do have a stiff Back)

But I am concerned about shaking all the parts every-time I go up a step so decided if hoses cant reach through windows etc I will not do it

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 03:39:38 pm »
I am surprised nobody has ever removed their standard wheels and fitted the 3 wheel versions.

clive ware

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 05:03:44 pm »
Clinton, I`ve got 400 ft of hose in the van! :D
The reason I got the portie is for jobs where I`m struggling to get the tm to.

debs

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 12:15:03 am »
Hiya sos to but in, but would any of you chaps know if the storm is better than the Enforcer...I think its the next one up from the Ninja. :-\

Jim_77

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 12:23:12 am »
The only thing "up" from the ninja is the size of the tanks, the size of the machine, the weight and the cost.

It runs two 5.7 or 7.2 vac motors (in whatever combination for some incomprehensible reason) and whatever sized pump you want in it, exactly the same.

Ashbys are stuck in the 1980s development-wise but trying to charge 2020s prices for it.  You can get much more bang for your buck elsewhere.

The ninja is pretty much unbeatable for what it is... a no-nonsense twin 5.7 vac in-series machine with a submersed heater that will work all day and all night for you if needed.  Unfortunately since it was designed in the 80s it has been superseded but you could still do a lot worse.

john martin

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 09:08:31 am »

I would disagree that ashbys are completely stuck in the past ...  the enforcer seems to an inhouse design and must be one of the most modern out there ...

for the price of a storm .. 2900 , you can get a 600 enforcer that includes the built in steammate ...  only difference is series vs parallel  , storm might have 6.6 with good cfm but  has only about 125" lift compared to 230 for the series 7.2 .

as for pump reliability , its all pumptec , so could be just unlucky with failures .