This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john stracey

Re: Window cleaner falls
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:10:18 pm »
that's really sad to read

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:14:44 pm »
 :(
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 07:59:08 am »
sad.sounded like he was an alcoholic with no idea how to clean a window safely.leaning a ladder on the gutter then leaning over one footed to reach a corner of a window?absolute madness. :( :(

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

paul saunders

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 10:08:21 am »
sad.sounded like he was an alcoholic with no idea how to clean a window safely.leaning a ladder on the gutter then leaning over one footed to reach a corner of a window?absolute madness. :( :(

dazmond

Pathologist Dr Desai ruled out the influence of alcohol or drugs as the cause of death

You missed that bit then did you. Just because you once had a problem with drink and drugs doesn't mean every one else has.
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

bumper

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 11:21:52 am »

dazmond
They say i used to clean window on a ship because i dornt get in the corners portholes

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 07:58:32 pm »
paul if he was shaky in the morning then thats a sure sign of a drinking problem!!i know!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

paul saunders

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 08:37:52 pm »
I'm sure you're right, but it is not the only reason for shaking in a morning. He may have been ill with a virus or even a diabetic with low blood sugar or countless other reasons.
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 11:18:03 pm »

dazmond

People make mistakes and some pay for them. This chap certainly did, so your comments don't help. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 06:31:12 am »
Dr Daz, You are getting to clever. Know better than the pathologist.Come on Mate. ??? ???

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 08:20:14 am »
yes i very sad case but lets be honest here SOME WINDOW CLEANERS ARE TOO STUPID TO BE CLIMBING LADDERS!!they have absolutely no idea how to use them safely!

both times i fell off them it was totally my fault.imprinted concrete and a wet mossy flag.i landed on my heels both times.i was very lucky.my heel bones are like steel.i know guys who ve shattered theirs following similar accidents. :( :( :(

he was probably shaky in the morning because he d NOT been drinking.a few slugs of vodka or whiskey used to steady me so i could go to the off licence for some more! ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 06:07:46 pm »
Seems to me that we are prejudging the poor guy. His customer said that she thought he looked ill, which may not necessarily be due to drink or drug abuse. He may have had another illness of which shaking is a symptom. 

Maybe he shouldn't have gone to work that day if he was feeling unwell, but we don't know his personal circumstances, and instead of gloating over the tragedy maybe we should spare a thought for his family at this very sad time for them.

John   
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DavidWright76

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 06:18:10 pm »
He had a ruptured spleen & a damaged kidney didn't he? He could have strained himself too much on the job or it could be the effects of long term alcohol abuse.

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 06:43:08 pm »
He had a ruptured spleen & a damaged kidney didn't he? He could have strained himself too much on the job or it could be the effects of long term alcohol abuse.

Yes and yes. Both of which could have been impact injuries. And yes and yes again.

I just get the feeling that because he made a fatal error of judgement while using a ladder he is being portrayed in a poor light by some who don't have possession of all the facts.

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 06:45:04 pm »
paul if he was shaky in the morning then thats a sure sign of a drinking problem!!i know!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A bit insensitive to have smiley faces when the thread is about someone losing their life :(

sunshine windows

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 08:07:39 pm »
Dazmond, I reckon you've been on the drink again to be this incensitive.

Just an unfortunate accident by the sound of it.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

DG Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 08:17:39 pm »
If he'd had some sort of misfortune whilst using a pole as opposed to ladders would we think of him as an alcoholic? My thoughts are with his loved ones.

Scrimble

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 08:35:41 pm »
no need for your insensitive comments dazmond, stop being a prick

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 08:47:05 pm »
It doesn't matter if the chap was an alcoholic or an idiot for the way he worked, he still deserves some respect. Some comments are inappropriate. A thread reporting his death isn't the right place for guesswork about the bloke or the way he worked.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

TomCrowther

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 09:10:48 pm »
I think a lot of people are disgusted by your comments Dazmond. Me for sure.