This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clean

Clarke mains booster pump fitting
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »
Just got today a clarke mains booster pump ready to fit but has anyone got any pics and details of how it`s done ?
cheers Gaz ;)

Roy Cauldery

Re: Clarke mains booster pump fitting
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:10:48 pm »
Hi Gaz,just  fitted one about 2 month ago on our system
Give me a bell if you got any questions

Regards
Roy 07500 862 571
we succeed because others can't or won't

clean

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:21:44 pm »
Cheers Roy,i`ll bell you tomorrow
Gaz  ;)

Jimmy Jon

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:28:12 pm »
Here's my set up!  :)

clean

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:34:52 pm »
Very tidy Mr Tibbs  ;D,do you get a good flow just using the 15mm pipe inlet ?

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:38:37 pm »
Here's my set up!  :)

Nice pics Terry!
Mines similar but not as tidy!!!
I had one of those pumps but found that fluctuations in water pressure combined with low water pressure meant that the pump never had enough continual pressure to operate.
I rang the tech guys at clarkes who were great,and they pointed me in the direction of a continual run pump that is truly awesome-makes 1000ltrs in about 6-8 hrs
This also resulted in the pressure being too high for some of the joints and fittings but was soon sorted with a bulk purchase of jubilee clips!!

Roy

Jimmy Jon

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:37 pm »
My mains water pressure is about 1.5 bar (20psi) - very poor but according to the water board above there legal requirement so hence the need for the booster pump to feed the ro system. Roy I would be interested in some more info on the continual run pump as this is the second booster pump that I have had, Is it a Clarke item?

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 11:44:51 pm »
I've got photos of all you need will post em tomorrow 4u

clean

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 11:55:23 pm »
Thanks Ian,that`ll be great  ;)

mikecam

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 12:01:00 am »
These mains booster pumps really are a waste of time and money for the vast majority of us. I'm well aware lots of people are gonna say..."i've got one and its great, never had any problems". I've had a few too !!
 Here's what they're designed for and how they work........they're designed to keep your mains pressure at a constant pressure (for example we'll just use 70 PSI as an example). When your taps are off and the pressure builds up to 70 PSI then the pump shuts off. All good so far. When you open a tap then the water comes out and the pressure drops, the pump senses this and kicks in and trys to keep up 70 psi. If you where to open two taps and flush the bog then depending upon the pumps flow rate you will find that you are not getting 70 PSI out of every tap, becauise it can't keep up with the flow. The extra 'tank' on these "booster pumps' houses a pressurised bladder, this is to alleviate the pump kicking in and out when you've just used a small amount of water. As constant stop starting of the pump is apparentley not good for it. To keep up with what you want its going to need to run flat out, this pretty much negates the need for a bladder tank. So you may as well save about £200 and just get a powerfull jet pump that just runs, as its not going to need to cut out until your tank is full.
  Here's a pump that many here have recomended.........£300..........
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cbm240e-1in-multi-stage-230v-booster-pum

I'm sure its great. Here's what i use currently..............£108............
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/051012200

Working fine here, shows 80 PSI across both pre filters. You can get it to go higher, although if you do you'll be severley restricting your waste output. You can get this pump what i use a lot cheaper from either ebay or screwfix, £70 ish i think.

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 06:43:20 am »
Hi mike,agree with what you say and the problems you had are the same as I experienced
I now use the Clarke TAM120 1½" 230V Centrifugal Water Pump(machine mart)
This is designed for continual run and copes with the fluctuations(toilet flushing etc) as it has no bladder.When I first bought it,I also had it with an Electronic Controller,but this again would sense a drop in pressure and shut the unit down so again after a quick chat with clarkes ,I removed it and now just have the pump only.
I run this on a timer and so far so good-produces about 110psi but I'm having to change prefilters more often tho.Also,all our water is softened so the RO membranes are now working more efficiently than they have ever done:)
Regards
Roy

SPE

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 09:35:47 am »
These mains booster pumps really are a waste of time and money for the vast majority of us. I'm well aware lots of people are gonna say..."i've got one and its great, never had any problems". I've had a few too !!
 Here's what they're designed for and how they work........they're designed to keep your mains pressure at a constant pressure (for example we'll just use 70 PSI as an example). When your taps are off and the pressure builds up to 70 PSI then the pump shuts off. All good so far. When you open a tap then the water comes out and the pressure drops, the pump senses this and kicks in and trys to keep up 70 psi. If you where to open two taps and flush the bog then depending upon the pumps flow rate you will find that you are not getting 70 PSI out of every tap, becauise it can't keep up with the flow. The extra 'tank' on these "booster pumps' houses a pressurised bladder, this is to alleviate the pump kicking in and out when you've just used a small amount of water. As constant stop starting of the pump is apparentley not good for it. To keep up with what you want its going to need to run flat out, this pretty much negates the need for a bladder tank. So you may as well save about £200 and just get a powerfull jet pump that just runs, as its not going to need to cut out until your tank is full.
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cbm240e-1in-multi-stage-230v-booster-pum

Working fine here, shows 80 PSI across both pre filters. You can get it to go higher, although if you do you'll be severley restricting your waste output. You can get this pump what i use a lot cheaper from either ebay or screwfix, £70 ish i think.
Hi mike, I tried the same pump with my 4040
I had to return it as I could not get it to boost the pressure.
I'm guessing this was because my tap was on ground floor and a 1/2" hose had to feed the water to the pump and ro on the first floor. Does a booster pump have to be fitted directly after the tap in order for it to work ?
Simon

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 11:09:03 am »
The Booster pump that mike put on the top is the pump I use, it has auto shut off if the pressure drops or water is shut off, it runs for days without fault.

I would recommend this all day long on a 4040
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

clean

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 01:47:37 pm »
Right thank for the replies,i`ve taken the pump back and got this one that was reccomended by Mikecam
hope it works ok and by the way it will be running a Merlin ro
Gaz

Ian101

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 02:30:32 pm »
I've got photos of all you need will post em tomorrow 4u

As promised  :)

Ian101

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 02:33:27 pm »
Not the neatest or most professional looking but has been ok for me for last 18 months.

The pump is prob wrong one as it boosts to 100psi then cuts out till pressure drops to mains pressure of 40psi then starts up again ....... apparently no good for 4040 membrane but 18 months in and still produces at 002 / 004 TDS

windiewasher

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 08:13:10 am »

is this second pump ok with the 4040?
Cheers
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.