This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Twc services

Not paying you havent been !!!
« on: July 06, 2012, 09:31:13 pm »
Been getting this a few times lately people arguing telling you that you have not been and didnt see your card so not getting paid. Also when i collect they are saying they paid my business partner at the time but he has not been paid either. Anybody else get this ?

sandy

Re: Not paying you havent been !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:41:33 pm »
More people than usual are trying to pay for one clean only when they have not payed for previous cleans

Lee13

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 09:53:41 pm »
This is why I send emails or text bank details to those customers that don't pay me on the day. Then at least you have a mail trail and can prove it. Even then you will still get the odd messer!

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 07:01:15 am »
Yes times are tough for some  :'(
Spit and polish

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 07:11:06 am »
no it never happens to me.my customers trust me even if they ve not seen a calling card.

if there was any queries id print off a statement of account for their inspection.

if any of my customers accused me of just knocking for money without actually cleaning the windows would get dumped.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

sandy

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 08:39:15 am »
yes i would love to have the confidence to dump them im to soft

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 09:16:15 am »
I used to put up with a lot of crap like that until my round increased, the more decent customers you get really highlight the crap ones and then you don't mind dumping as you know with a little hard work you can easily replace

Graham

bumper

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 09:23:16 am »
listen lads calm you down its just a game and its 1-0 to your customer,what i do next is next time is just not clean the house and collect the moneys then its 1-1 and clean it next time and bump time after 2-1 to you now you are winning :D

paul13

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 10:21:22 am »
Been getting this a few times lately people arguing telling you that you have not been and didnt see your card so not getting paid. Also when i collect they are saying they paid my business partner at the time but he has not been paid either. Anybody else get this ?

Used to get this a lot the more custy's i picked up, and with having workers
come and go the more it would happen.
Now i take signatures of every custy when payed at door this covers you
when a custy in the same aera thinks you haven't done the windows as
you give them the sheet to sign with every other signature on it.
I have found this a great system for keeping a record for accounts, and
weeding out chancers custy's and workers.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 11:06:35 am »
I haven't had this happen in the 2 years i have been a shiner.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:25 pm »
I haven't had this happen in the 2 years i have been a shiner.

Nor me.
It's a game of three halves!

C o z y

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 01:09:42 pm »

Used to get this a lot the more custy's i picked up, and with having workers
come and go the more it would happen.
Now i take signatures of every custy when payed at door this covers you
when a custy in the same aera thinks you haven't done the windows as
you give them the sheet to sign with every other signature on it.
I have found this a great system for keeping a record for accounts, and
weeding out chancers custy's and workers.

That's a good idea. I never get customers saying they don't believe I've done the windows, I'd just say "Check your windows if they are clean". I sometimes get the odd customer who claims to have paid last clean but haven't. This system would solve that.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

bumper

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 01:10:08 pm »
have we been here before, i had a old lady customer  about 90 year old who had a bad Memory she pay me when i cleaned them and i would send the lad back at night to collect it again   ;)  then next time i cleaned them id say ohh you didnt pay for last clean, oh i dornt have any money yet ive got to collect my Pension no worries ill give you a lift to post office and back again so i got my 2 cleans plus a extra £5.00 happy days psml ;D

ps  its all a game

Dave Turley

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »
When my bro was working for himself he did a clean for an old lady.

As soon as he'd finished, he knocked the door for payment. The windows were still wet from being wfp'd.

She refused to pay him saying he hadn't cleaned her windows and she hadn't asked him to do them.

When he started arguing with her she said sort it out with my husband he'll be back in a few minutes.

After twenty minutes waiting in the van a neighbour came out to see what was happening.

The neighbour said "you'll be waiting a while, her husband has been dead for 18 months!"

She had Alzheimer's!

He rang me to ask what he should do, and she I'd finished rolling on the floor I just said forget about it, it's just one of those things!

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 06:29:02 pm »
some customers are just nobs like that, you just have to drop them and get differnt, constantly strremline your round untill you have all good

bumper

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 06:40:08 pm »
When my bro was working for himself he did a clean for an old lady.

As soon as he'd finished, he knocked the door for payment. The windows were still wet from being wfp'd.

She refused to pay him saying he hadn't cleaned her windows and she hadn't asked him to do them.

When he started arguing with her she said sort it out with my husband he'll be back in a few minutes.

After twenty minutes waiting in the van a neighbour came out to see what was happening.

The neighbour said "you'll be waiting a while, her husband has been dead for 18 months!"

She had Alzheimer's!

He rang me to ask what he should do, and she I'd finished rolling on the floor I just said forget about it, it's just one of those things!
hahaha 1-0  ;D

sunshine windows

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 10:03:55 pm »
Bumper your sick sense of humour (i hope) cracks me up.

Never had this sort of accusation in over 7 years, but have had a call to ask how we cleaned the rear windows as the gate was locked. Ummm, we can climb over the gate love.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk