This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rogue Trader

Re: Ian lancasters franchise package
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 12:40:01 pm »
It seems that yuou are the stupid one Mike Cam, maybe you should do a bit of research on what most franchise packages offer rather than coming on here when you are drunk on a saturday night and shooting your mouth off you dick.

For everyone else thanks for your sensible replies

mikecam

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 01:00:38 pm »
It seems that yuou are the stupid one Mike Cam, maybe you should do a bit of research on what most franchise packages offer rather than coming on here when you are drunk on a saturday night and shooting your mouth off you dick.

For everyone else thanks for your sensible replies

My main issue with the this model is having to provide each franchisee with their work (which the majority of francisors dont do)

They do. If they don't provide work and/or a catchment area for example what exactly do you think they're buying?

ben M

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 01:05:32 pm »
As the first post states "Ian Lancasters franchising package" NOT "Ian Lancasters franchise"

why would a CIU member buy a franchise?

i dont want an answer to this question so pls dont answer  ;D

I understand your question now. So i will not aswer why any CIU member would wat to buy a franchise.

My main issue with the this model is having to provide each franchisee with their work (which the majority of francisors dont do)

Is this what you have to do to sell a window cleaning franchise?

For those who have used this package and sold a franchise/s tell us what has happened warts and all.

Are you stupid or something? If a franchise package does not include providing work then what exactly do you think your potential franchise package is selling, your name and know how? If thats the case then you may as well go and buy one of the overpriced window cleaning rounds and spend a year trying to pay for it, then another year to get your money back !!!
 The window cleaning game is full of smart arses right from the Porsche driving, magazine promoting, wanna get the info out to the lads type guys right throught to the more neaderthal..i can get £20 quid an hour for this work and pay someone £6.50 per hour. And thats why we get dumb questions like..do i have to pay when it rains and they don;t work, can i have a nil hours contract?
 Only one winner, and it won't be anyone responding to this type of crap.
Mike, no need to be rude mate! ;)

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 01:09:36 pm »
There are a variety of different franchise deals out there and the majority will not start you on day one with a full order book, but if you look at the likes of Dominoes, Subway etc you will find that they are global leaders in their field, their advertising budget for 1 hour is probually more that we earn in a year.

They know everything to know concerning their trade and market place, thye have been there and done it millions of times, that's what you invest in when you buy a package of them.

Ian lancansters method is different but when he first started off franchising, nobody knew who he was or what he did, so to make his franchise business sucessful, he offered customers and turnover on day 1.

If Ian gets to the glory heights of Dominoes or Subway then maybe he will not need to supply the work on day 1, but I think that he will still offer it as part of his franchise package, why try and repair something that is not broken in the first place.

mikecam

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:14 pm »

Mike, no need to be rude mate! ;)

What a question though, or statement. I've re read it and it still sounds mad. Can't believe some of the questions here sometimes.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 06:59:17 pm »
Hi all,

Firstly my thanks to Boshravie (PCCom), Darren (Purple Rhino) and Rob (anderclean) for your kind comments ;)

To Poleman: the profit margin of any franchise is the Royalty Fee.  This varies enormously from one to another, but in my case it is 20% of the value of work achieved by the Franchisee, plus any initial profit from the sale of the Franchise.  Bear in mind that there are none of the expenses of employing, so this is a much more accurate statement than saying: "My employee turns over £1,000 per week and I pay him £350 so my profit is £650".  Anyone employing will tell you that is cloud cuckoo land.

As Boshravie and Rob have said from their own experience, my system works, is easy to run and I am always ready to help with any questions my customers may have.

Regarding the question of providing the customers:  As some have commented, most franchises don't do this - they just tell the Franchisee how to run the business, then let him/her get on with it, find all their own customers and still charge them an ongoing fee.  When I was creating my system, I decided the best way was to provide the customers, that is the single most important stumbling block to anyone considering starting up on their own - "How will I ever find enough customers to make a living?"  I set out to attract people who really wanted to start up on their own, but were frightened for this reason.  Promising them as many customers as they wanted meant they could have their own business but also be guaranteed success from day one.

That's why people are happy to buy a Franchise based on my system ;)

Of course you can run a system where the Franchisees have to find their own customers, but as others have said, in that case what is it you are selling? and would anybody be happy to keep paying you for a business they built entirely themselves?

Smudgeoff:  I will e-mail you tomorrow with a full answer to your e-mail to me - just got home from a week in Dorset so I need a few hours to get my "business" mind working properly.

Rogue Trader: We had a chat a few weeks ago - if you need to speak to any of my previous customers have another look at my "Jolisian" website - there is a list of people who have been kind enough to give recommendations, they are all members on here and I'm sure they would be happy to talk to you.

If anyone needs any more encouragement to contact me, please take note there are no negative responses from people who have set up businesses based on my system -  if there were any dissatisfied customers, I'm sure they would have been quick to have their say on here!

Regards,

Ian

boshravie

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 09:07:15 pm »
Hi all,

Firstly my thanks to Boshravie (PCCom), Darren (Purple Rhino) and Rob (anderclean) for your kind comments ;)

To Poleman: the profit margin of any franchise is the Royalty Fee.  This varies enormously from one to another, but in my case it is 20% of the value of work achieved by the Franchisee, plus any initial profit from the sale of the Franchise.  Bear in mind that there are none of the expenses of employing, so this is a much more accurate statement than saying: "My employee turns over £1,000 per week and I pay him £350 so my profit is £650".  Anyone employing will tell you that is cloud cuckoo land.

As Boshravie and Rob have said from their own experience, my system works, is easy to run and I am always ready to help with any questions my customers may have.

Regarding the question of providing the customers:  As some have commented, most franchises don't do this - they just tell the Franchisee how to run the business, then let him/her get on with it, find all their own customers and still charge them an ongoing fee.  When I was creating my system, I decided the best way was to provide the customers, that is the single most important stumbling block to anyone considering starting up on their own - "How will I ever find enough customers to make a living?"  I set out to attract people who really wanted to start up on their own, but were frightened for this reason.  Promising them as many customers as they wanted meant they could have their own business but also be guaranteed success from day one.

That's why people are happy to buy a Franchise based on my system ;)

Of course you can run a system where the Franchisees have to find their own customers, but as others have said, in that case what is it you are selling? and would anybody be happy to keep paying you for a business they built entirely themselves?

Smudgeoff:  I will e-mail you tomorrow with a full answer to your e-mail to me - just got home from a week in Dorset so I need a few hours to get my "business" mind working properly.

Rogue Trader: We had a chat a few weeks ago - if you need to speak to any of my previous customers have another look at my "Jolisian" website - there is a list of people who have been kind enough to give recommendations, they are all members on here and I'm sure they would be happy to talk to you.

If anyone needs any more encouragement to contact me, please take note there are no negative responses from people who have set up businesses based on my system -  if there were any dissatisfied customers, I'm sure they would have been quick to have their say on here!

Regards,

Ian

I couldn’t have put it any better.
And you are always more than welcome sir.  :)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 10:01:15 pm »
mikecam you are a bellend of the highest order, shall i wait til next saturday to get you response or are you on the sauce tonight......hic.. ;)

mikecam

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 10:28:21 pm »
mikecam you are a bellend of the highest order, shall i wait til next saturday to get you response or are you on the sauce tonight......hic.. ;)

I'm on the sauce right now, i'll be to busy on Saturday . I'm pulling your leg, sorry about that. Its a great idea, just offer a franchise, get paid, give them a van, a wfp kit, some leaflets, tell them what to do and they're off. And you're in the money  ;D   Yes i understand you have a problem with having to get them work, of course, its hard work to do it. I was stupid to think otherwise. You'll get great money for your advice. I was wrong, hows that?

I just hope any potential franchisees don't come on here first or they'll get all the advice for free !!!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 10:50:43 pm »
20% does seem ok at first glance but I have to say, after 30% tax/NI I'm not sure I could stomach another 20%. That would be 50%- 30% of profits + 20% of turnover!!!  :'( :'( :'(

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 01:01:58 pm »
20% does seem ok at first glance but I have to say, after 30% tax/NI I'm not sure I could stomach another 20%. That would be 50%- 30% of profits + 20% of turnover!!!  :'( :'( :'(

Then obviously you are not the type to want to buy a Franchise.  There are umpteen people out there who would like to run their own businesses, or just find themselves unemployed and are desperate to find a way back into eaning their living.  For one reason or another they lack the courage to strike out completely on their own, but buying a franchise in a proven organisation is the safer way forward.

The fact that there are many thousands of franchised businesses operating around the world proves this.

My system helps people like you, who wouldn't dream of parting with 20% of their turnover to tap into the unlimited market of people who are only too willing to do so ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:50 pm »

Then obviously you are not the type to want to buy a Franchise.  There are umpteen people out there who would like to run their own businesses, or just find themselves unemployed and are desperate to find a way back into eaning their living.  For one reason or another they lack the courage to strike out completely on their own, but buying a franchise in a proven organisation is the safer way forward.

The fact that there are many thousands of franchised businesses operating around the world proves this.

My system helps people like you, who wouldn't dream of parting with 20% of their turnover to tap into the unlimited market of people who are only too willing to do so ;)

Good answer! ;D

boshravie

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 07:43:26 pm »

Good answer! ;D

i second that  :) :)

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 07:58:18 pm »

I 3rd it  ;)
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

Perfect Windows

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 09:01:58 pm »
It's so good I dump it and replace with two of it.

geefree

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 12:29:08 am »
"My system helps people like you, who wouldn't dream of parting with 20% of their turnover to tap into the unlimited market of people who are only too willing to do so "

He wouldnt be spending  20% of his turnover to  be tapping into the market of people who are willing to do so Ian,....

He would be spending some of his profits on a franchise which would suit an unlimited amount of people,

but not him.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 02:00:52 am »
i know you have a contract and i guess someone who has parted with alot of money to start up wouldnt likley do this but say he has a large round that you built up and he undercuts them all

the way i see it unless you can get him behind bars for not paying you 20% how can you stop him or his mate just cutting you off?, again one big factor here i see is that he has paid alot in the premium so i really dont think he would wana risk messing up but maybe after 2-3 years when he has learnt everything and understands customers and the trade and gets peed off parting with an extra 20% that at this point he may feel he is doing you a favour and trys it on :?

i know its all part of expanding and the risk will be there but im just wondering if you have a plan vs that!

i realized staff could also do it too however staff never really know anything apart from just the cleaning side the Franchisee will have all names and numbers so maybe this question answers its self the fact someone is paying the start up cost must be a factor and i guess if that worse case thing happens you still have the downpayment and a couple of years worth of 20%

just interested to see how that is enforced really im sure there is a way not being negative its very impressive and inspiring what you have done Ian

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 08:36:47 am »
i know you have a contract and i guess someone who has parted with alot of money to start up wouldnt likley do this but say he has a large round that you built up and he undercuts them all

the way i see it unless you can get him behind bars for not paying you 20% how can you stop him or his mate just cutting you off?, again one big factor here i see is that he has paid alot in the premium so i really dont think he would wana risk messing up but maybe after 2-3 years when he has learnt everything and understands customers and the trade and gets peed off parting with an extra 20% that at this point he may feel he is doing you a favour and trys it on :?

i know its all part of expanding and the risk will be there but im just wondering if you have a plan vs that!

i realized staff could also do it too however staff never really know anything apart from just the cleaning side the Franchisee will have all names and numbers so maybe this question answers its self the fact someone is paying the start up cost must be a factor and i guess if that worse case thing happens you still have the downpayment and a couple of years worth of 20%

just interested to see how that is enforced really im sure there is a way not being negative its very impressive and inspiring what you have done Ian

I suppose it's about getting the right people in the first place- however, I too think along those lines. If I was the franchisee, I would be looking to get out of that 20% after the novelty of it all had worn off. I would assume that the customers- under no contract would be more loyal to the face they've been dealing with for 2 or 3 years rather than the man at the top who they never hear from or see? Could the franchisee's wife set the new business up & he become employed by here even?

Crystal-clear

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 06:55:27 pm »

I suppose it's about getting the right people in the first place- however, I too think along those lines. If I was the franchisee, I would be looking to get out of that 20% after the novelty of it all had worn off. I would assume that the customers- under no contract would be more loyal to the face they've been dealing with for 2 or 3 years rather than the man at the top who they never hear from or see? Could the franchisee's wife set the new business up & he become employed by here even?

you see Ian has everything down to a T im wondering is this is covered too again we cant ignor the start up cost so on average we know he is going to be sweet for a couple of years but how to back your investment up for really long term cos its 5 10 15 years down the line i feel where that 20% will really thrive just good to know you are covered if possible

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2012, 10:29:19 pm »
It's all in the contract.  We only take on people who have assets - a house with plenty of equity in it.  They agree when they sign up that if the contract ends for any reason they are not allowed to approach any people who they know to be customers of the Franchisor.  The contract has been very carefully drawn up by a franchise solicitor so we wouldn't hesitate to take a franchisee (or an ex-franchisee) to court.  The possibility of them having to pay us damages, plus our costs and their costs is enough to deter most people.