Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: would you work 4 someone else
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 12:51:00 am »
I most certainly would NOT do this on a sub contract basis.  All legal/tax issues aside, as already mentioned it's the fact that you could be dropped like a hot potato and out of work with no notice and no severance pay.

On a salary, the ball game changes completely.

To be brutally honest, if this guy is TRULY looking for a linchpin employee to become a major working part of his business, and is prepared to put you on a salary and develop you... absolutely go for it, because once you prove your worth to an enterprising employer the sky's your limit.  You could end up as the guy in the sharp suit sitting in a big office with a fat cigar in your mouth one day.

From what I've heard he wants to take advantage of you.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 08:50:18 am »
You normally find people like this are rich for a reason , and it isn't through being kind!

Steve

Hilton

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 09:21:57 am »
Solicitor, re-upholsteror, rug cleaner, mining chemical supplier, teacher in Africa. Am I missing soemthing here?

Yeah he also runs Barclays bank but won't be taking his bonus this year, so needs some extra income hence starting a rug washing business.  :-X

wynne jones

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 09:26:33 am »
You normally find people like this are rich for a reason , and it isn't through being kind!

Steve

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/aug/04/us-billionaires-half-fortune-gates
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Craigp

Re: Would you work 4 someone else
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 04:11:01 pm »
Sounds like Pilgrim Payne, they do re-upholstery well as the cleaning.