This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: Apology
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 12:58:25 am »
"Here's a gun... here's some bullets... now don't go and shoot anyone, will you...."

If Cleanitup has any sort of problem with people making the sort of remarks in question, it knows what to do.  The beauty of owning a forum is that you can set the rules and do what you want with it.

It's as simple as that  :-*

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 08:58:30 am »
I co own the Truckmounters forum and this simply wouldn't be allowed to become an issue. We've had our fair share of 'heated' debates over the years but it is NEVER allowed to become personal and our members know and for the most part respect that. The problem with CIU is that it is about quantity, not quality, because it is a business that sells advertising and the greater the number of people exposed to the advertising the more revenue it generates, which is fair enough.
I don't think that is an excuse for having NO rules governing behaviour, espcially when it becomes personal to the point of insulting.
I'm not suggesting Stephen Lawrence should be banned, but I do think that the Owner / Mods should make an an example of people who go too far. Rather than deleting his posts perhaps it should have been pasted into a Locked Topic by the Moderators  entitle, 'Unacceptable Behaviour,' and outline what action has been taken. This lets everyone know that there are rules and if people value the great resource that CIU undoubedly is, they should adhere to them.
Susan and Julian Dean are good, honest, hardworking people and if anyone knows Julian he may have his own ideas on how to resolve this issue. ;)

Simon

Paul Moss

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 09:38:24 am »
As Stephen has gone quiet, then Julian has probably dealt with it  :o ;)

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 12:27:42 pm »
As Stephen has gone quiet, then Julian has probably dealt with it  :o ;)

For once I agree with both Simon and Paul at the same time  :o

;D

john martin

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 01:32:57 pm »

Cleantalk.
The old adage of "quality not quantity" is so true.  There is only a fraction of the activity on that forum but you know what?  There is hundreds of times more USEFUL information and discussion compared to the endless "How do I switch my machine on?" topics posted on here.

From the bits I've read on the other forum i would disagree , where as you and a couple of others give informative detailed answers ,
true discussion is usually stifled and info from the forum 'leaders' is deliberately  vague to the point of being useless ...   to give a couple of  examples off the top of my head ....
Someone asked  ...  Mpower is plant based , from which plant is it derived  ..... the reply from John Bolton , "commercial confidentiality dictates that you will not get the answer you seek " 
Then when someone posts the likely ingredients its dismissed as a "different formulation "   

Another example ,  someone asks "  if the CA booster contains a less powerfull 5.7 vac than the 6.6 ,  does it not negatively effect jag performance  ,  the question is fobbed off by john bolton  instead of giving the real reply which would be  ....   the 5.7 actually has more lift than the 6.6 , therefore it doesn't put a ' hole ' in overall system performance .

Doug Holloway

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2012, 01:38:58 pm »
Hi Guys

The fundamental difference between Cleanitup and Cleantalk is that the latter is owned by a supplier and the former isn't.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2012, 04:53:00 pm »
TBH if I owned a forum and sold my products on there I would defend them and not give out the secret ingredients CT is more of a club and members tend to agree with each other and use all the same products as is what CT and WOC was designed for, on here it is more open to suggestion and that's why we get more 'chancers' wanting to antagonise posters but there is no purpose or direction or politics, no elitism from the owner as he keeps well out of it (usually on a pool side in the Bahamas) I'm happy to be a member of both forums I enjoy them both but because this is quicker moving I spend more time on here.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »
Can a mod confirm that SL is now banned ?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2012, 08:29:55 pm »
my mrs is hoping one day i will be banned from all the forums  ;D

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012, 12:57:38 am »
Whether an apology is made or not, who is going to want to have anything much to do with Mr.L after making that remark ?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2012, 10:54:54 am »
Jim

I totally agree with you  I would like to see full vetting of anyone who joins.

This may slow down joining but people would then be more committed if they have had to wait and still want to participate.

I would like it to be impossible to change user name and all silly names would not be granted entry.

These ideas have been put to the owners several times over the past years, but I think the problem is time and cost.

I think being a member of Cleanitup should be considered as prestigious as being in some organization such as NCCA as it shows you are committed to being a better cleaner and sharing with other members of your trade.

JandS

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2012, 11:08:39 am »
Freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!!
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2012, 11:14:11 am »
i have deleted my last reply as i believe this topic has lost its direction and had a very serious porpose.

i will lock it now if any one wants to continue any  pionts brought up as a side line within this topic please start a dedicated post
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 11:25:12 am »
"I do not agree with what you said, but I'll defend to
the death your right to say it"

Can't remember who said it but it stands for me.

Mike....bit puerile methinks, especially the last bit.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2012, 11:32:29 am »
john I agree, I was trying to make a piont about the free speech, I have altered my post and will now lock this topic.  I meant no  insult to  you  and if i offended you i apoligies :-*
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk