This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

spudd

Ubik 2000 or viro-sol!??
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:24:24 pm »
Need to order some more ubik as running low but noticed viro-sol is same sort of price just wondered if anyone has had experience with both products, and pros and cons etc..???

evo

Re: Ubik 2000 or viro-sol!??
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:37:26 pm »
 viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol   viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol
BEST STUFF ON THE PLANET  sorry about the shouting don't know what come over me
james

spudd

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »
viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol   viro-sol  viro-sol  viro-sol
james

Have you Tryed Ubik 2000 then???

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 06:45:19 pm »
I've got both, can't tell the difference to be honest apart from the colour.

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 06:59:25 pm »
Ubik i find to be far better in regards of cleaning capability , but virosol smells better and is a joy to use as i find ubik is very slippy once on your hands , perhaps mix the two and kill all plants and animals in your wake  ;D

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

spudd

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 08:51:29 pm »
Thanks guys ordered 10 L of ubik as I've used the stuff for a while and seems to do the job fine :)

evo

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 10:48:59 pm »
james

Have you Tryed Ubik 2000 then???

yes mate i have used ubik 2000 for a bit but went back to viro-sol because the time it was taking with the ubik 2000 was far to long and did not clean as fast as the viro-sol or as good but that is only my opinion. james

Dave Turley

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 06:57:03 am »
Ubik i find to be far better in regards of cleaning capability , but virosol smells better and is a joy to use as i find ubik is very slippy once on your hands , perhaps mix the two and kill all plants and animals in your wake  ;D

Rich

lol ;D

ben rainbow

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 11:10:45 pm »
Just read an old post on here about not using ubik2000 on glass is that true or do you chaps use it on glass all the time?

Dave Anderson

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 04:01:42 pm »
Just looking through a few old posts .... Do you use Viro-sol, Ubik 2000 or eco460..... whats your take on these whether good or bad..... Personally I have never used any of these but am considering using 'something' for connys, fascias etc.... Any tips would be gratefully rx'd
The more I know the less I know I know ...

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 07:00:00 pm »
Screwfix no nonsense heavy duty degreaser. Been using a month or so now for conny roofs and dirty first cleans.
I did an eot a couple of days back with dried on egged windows ............... I really thought I was going to struggle with cold water but stuck some of this diluted in my backpack and left to soak for 5 mins, came up a treat  ;)
Best thing ............... no need to be ordering online and waiting for delivery, If I run out or need some in a hurry screwfix is pretty much everywhere , my town has  two of them within 10 mins of me  :)

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 07:38:08 pm »
i bought 20L of virosol for around £26 a few years ago Dave.ive still got 7L left!it lasts ages!this is my main go to chemical for very dirty first cleans,conny roofs and f/s/g jobs.i usually apply it using a 5L pressure sprayer or directly on brush.i mix it with water first.

however for really ground in dirt on white plastic frames i find CIF cream cleaner the best but if its mainly green algae etc virosol works fine.

neat virosol in a spray bottle is great on dried on egg on windows.
price higher/work harder!

duncan h

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 07:47:49 pm »
Screwfix no nonsense heavy duty degreaser. Been using a month or so now for conny roofs and dirty first cleans.
I did an eot a couple of days back with dried on egged windows ............... I really thought I was going to struggle with cold water but stuck some of this diluted in my backpack and left to soak for 5 mins, came up a treat  ;)
Best thing ............... no need to be ordering online and waiting for delivery, If I run out or need some in a hurry screwfix is pretty much everywhere , my town has  two of them within 10 mins of me  :)
I have both and think Virosol is better

the king

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 09:20:39 pm »
i cant beleve no one has said tfr20 !!! virosol ubik screwfix degreaser is the dark ages  ;D, if you want value for money and cleaning power it has to be promax tfr20 its the strongest tfr on the market you only need 200 mill to 5 leters of water  it has a 1 minit soak time were ubik ect needs 10 minits on heavely soiled upvc , i only use ubik in my trad bucket on shop fronts to tackel grease finger prints  im also hering rave reviews on simon palmers upvc max  i can also vouch for bladeright tfr wich is beta than ubik and virosol

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 09:29:20 pm »
viro sol or tfr20 is what we use now

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 10:37:51 pm »
i cant beleve no one has said tfr20 !!! virosol ubik screwfix degreaser is the dark ages  ;D, if you want value for money and cleaning power it has to be promax tfr20 its the strongest tfr on the market you only need 200 mill to 5 leters of water  it has a 1 minit soak time were ubik ect needs 10 minits on heavely soiled upvc , i only use ubik in my trad bucket on shop fronts to tackel grease finger prints  im also hering rave reviews on simon palmers upvc max  i can also vouch for bladeright tfr wich is beta than ubik and virosol
We found tfr left  marks on the glass if it dried on and has a high ph virosol cleans just as well we don't leave it to dwell on upvs it rinses far easier as the tfr was difficult to get off felt very slippery if that makes spence

duncan h

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 02:06:50 pm »
When the wind blow and it sprays in my eyes, I don't want the strongest lol :)

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 07:06:38 pm »
I have got to say i would much rather a face full of virosol rather than ubik , tis a bit stingy is ubik  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !