This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Craigp

Re: should i start a price war in my new area
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 06:07:31 pm »
Susan, what's your average job ticket? How many jobs per day does one of your techs do?

wynne jones

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 06:07:51 pm »

I was a detective in my previous life  ;D

You do come across as a private dick.   ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Gary Longley

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 06:14:24 pm »
Susan, do you have a website? How many carpet cleaning 'technicians' do you have?  :)

(and thanks Wynne, love you too)   ;D

Stephen Callinan

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 06:46:54 pm »
People that have money, dont tell everyone what they got or how they got it,
People with no money pretend they have,
if your making money would you tell everyone how your doing it,, puuhhh i dont think so

lot of tosh me thinks

hows it hanging
xx

Gary Longley

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 06:58:59 pm »
People that have money, dont tell everyone what they got or how they got it,
People with no money pretend they have,
if your making money would you tell everyone how your doing it,, puuhhh i dont think so

lot of tosh me thinks

hows it hanging
xx

Correct, and now Suzie (man) has sailed off so we can't ask her [him/it] any questions  :-[

M.Acorn

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 07:03:40 pm »
I don't really care, they are nowhere near me, plenty of people round here working for p nuts, But my customers still call me for repeat work, even though they know I am more expensive.
More or less had an argument with one reg custy today, only wanted her hallway carpet cleaning, said I would only charge her half my min call out so £32.50, she wouldn't have it and paid the full price  ;D
What goes around comes around

Warren Aldridge

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 07:16:39 pm »
I think Susan Dean is a man, non-English (bad spelling & grammer)  ;D

I was a detective in my previous life  ;D

Good one there mate! How ironic...

mark shannon

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 07:53:26 pm »
Susan's been around for years last I heard her and her hubby were running two decent TMs.

markpowell

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 09:40:14 pm »
If you have 20 houses that you rent out, a haulage business that you send world wide, than you can charge £70 for a full house clean, the rest of us have to charge a little more. Its just the way it is guys.

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 09:59:16 pm »
If you have 20 houses that you rent out, a haulage business that you send world wide, 

Am I missing something?
If you've got that why would you run another business that produces little reward for a lot of effort, especially if you're doing a full house for £70

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 10:01:16 pm »
I call bullsh i t!

dan paton

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »

wynne jones

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »
I call bullsh i t!

No, Marks right. i wouldn't run a CC business that way but you can't take it away from them.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Ferenc G.

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 10:47:12 pm »
I call bullsh i t!

No, Marks right. i wouldn't run a CC business that way but you can't take it away from them.

You are right, you can't take it away from them unfortunatelly. I say unfortunatelly, because it sounds like she is happy to ruin other's businesses just for fun and she does not think about the consequences.

This whole approach is very unprofessional, hard to believe they achieved such a great success before.

John Kelly

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 10:56:31 pm »
Susan and Julian are real people and those that have been on here for some years will know them. They do have various operations going on and its not bullpoop. Unfortunately their carpet cleaning business operates in a very low price orientated area. There are pockets of them throughout the country. But hey they make money and are happy so whats the problem.

markpowell

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 11:06:08 pm »
Wouldnt worry too much, cleaners in the area regarding this post. Its mostly fabricated as nearlly every post going back 5 years contradicts the last. Do a search and s ;)ee yourselves. Load of trash.

PaulKing

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 07:12:05 am »
Worth a try, but you'll  be subsisting it, and I think loads of folk here have touched on the problem with increasing prices so why not aim high and subsidise not working till you get higher price jobs in?
that way you save hours on the machine and can spend the time on leaflets or whatever
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Steve Chapman

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 08:24:47 am »
Susan,
If you really don't need the money and only 'playing' at carpet cleaning, then all your doing by keep lowering your prices is taking a decent wage away from you cc colleagues and making it hard for them, esp in this tough economic climate.

Not a very kind thing to do in my opinion.

Steve

Craigp

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 08:27:14 am »
Wouldnt worry too much, cleaners in the area regarding this post. Its mostly fabricated as nearlly every post going back 5 years contradicts the last. Do a search and s ;)ee yourselves. Load of trash.

See what you mean ;)

Read her post on 'do leaflets work'

robert meldrum

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 12:05:55 pm »
good for you! go for it, i do enjoy a good war!

The English always win too!!!   ;D

What a laugh ..............the English have won very little in their lives and would have been wiped out if not for the Americans coming in when the Germans were poised ....with advanced technology to rip the UK apart.

For those who don't know.................Susan Dean had been running a very successful carpet cleaning business using small adverts in local newspapers and several operators with Extracta machines.

If you wonder what constitutes success...........consider the fact that she has or had a couple of years ago around 20 properties all rented out and bought from the profits made from a very efficient business.

A couple might look up " autistic " to learn a little more about this young lady.