Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Any ideas on this New
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:04:02 pm »
Just viewed a job Im doing next Monday.

Beige Berber style carpet - like the ones you commonly see that are PP,but this has some wool in it.

Lady of the house says her domestic cleaner was asked to see if she could get some spots/marks out of the carpet and she tried using neat carpet shampoo on them!!!!! Its a blue carpet shampoo bought from a £ shop, not your usual 1001 or Vanish.

Basically the areas where the marks were are now big dark patches.

I'm assuming that these will/should extract out with the hand tool and there shouldn't be any problems.Is this so or can anyone envisage any problems.

john martin

Re: Any ideas on this
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:20:44 pm »
could be straightforward ...  or it could be a nuisance to rinse the foam  thoroughly  ,
also beneath the black , there could be staining caused either by the shampoo used or the initial stain  .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 07:23:12 pm »
I would suspect that the neat shampoo is over attracting soil as you suggested a very good rinse should suffice I would towel them after to reduce any wicking you may need some de foamer, I think it will be an easy fix in comparison to most.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 07:25:31 pm »
Actually John is right about a stain being the original problem underneath but I see no problem with the shampoo.

Shaun