Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tomh

new start up ! please help
« on: January 16, 2006, 11:51:15 pm »
looking to start carpet cleaning part time i have been looking at prochem machines & training but they seem over priced & training not a comprehencive as would like !
almost ready to take the plunge into a package by alltec getting aqua 40 with up-grades chemical pack 2 day iicrc carpet course may go for 1 day upholstery too works out around £2000 + vat
seems good value will be leaflet dropping to start thinking of putting a price guide on the back
am i going down the right path ?

Neil Grainger

Re: new start up ! please help
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 06:27:48 am »
Hi Tom

Alltec Package is very good, I started with the same package and the support from Chris their is secound to none and you get the IICRC course which is a must.

Prochems training is really a sales pitch for their products. IICRC or NCCA is the best place to get training.

Send leaflets out but do not put prices on them. Put offers on like 3 carpets cleaned for the price 2.

the red carpet

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:12:34 am »
hi tom,
Ime sure the aqua 40 is one of there smaller models, if im right and you do go for it if your gonna be constantly running out of water and will wish you had gone for the advantage.

CLEANEAST CARPETS

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 03:57:08 pm »
Hi Tom,
I went for the Alltec Advantage package,the IICRC training is very good,although the 2 hour multi-choice at end is a little tough for a newbie ;)

Barbara

Martin S

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 04:14:43 pm »
Tom,

It depends on you, and what you want.  IICRC course is all theory and no practical, very good all the same, but a bit heavy for a newbie (I should know)

I have done Prochem, IICRC at Alltec, and NCCA.  All are good in their different ways, but IMO, I would say that for someone new, the two day course at Prochem is a good start and gives a good overall balance, with practical demonstration and theory.

An advantage with the NCCA is that it touches on Upholstery as well, although not in any great depth.

Paul Pearce generally does the NCCA and IICRC training and Pete Hargreaves does Prochem.  Both are very good instructors.

Bear in mind that all (apart from NCCA) will have products to push, you just have to listen, and form your own opinion as to what to buy.

Good luck
Martin

BRSL

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 04:43:33 pm »
Hi Tom you got the right idea

Whats your backround, how is it you have come across carpet cleaning or is something completely new youve decided to try, I ask only because a knowledge of machines helps when choosing the right one, not realy budget, but training first and this will give a good incite into what you will need

James

PS what your location
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 06:55:44 pm »
Push them on price, i got 40 plus package £1650 plus vat 3 months ago, good potential with it

tomh

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 06:56:40 pm »
thanks everyone will add a couple of hands on courses as well !

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 07:09:17 pm »
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET A GOOD START I'D JOIN THE ALLTECS "FASTTRACK" PROGRAMME

I DID AND HAVE NEVER REGRETTED IT!!

IT'S HARD WORK BUT I FOUND IT TO BE EXCELLENT, IT MAY SOUND A LOT OF MONEY, BUT ONCE THE BALL IS ROLLING, IT DOES'NT STOP

MAY EARNINGS HAVE EXEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS BY A LONG WAY

FIRST YEAR IS WORTH EVERY PENNY

NOT SURE THAT IT WOULD BE OF BENIFIT AFTER THAT THOUGH

ANYWAY ALL THE BEST

I HOPE YOU WILL BE AS THRILLED WITHN YOUR BUSINESS AS I AM WITH MINE

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 07:13:04 pm »
Colin are you on commision from alltec????    ;D ;D ;D

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 07:19:04 pm »
no

but i do like to advocate a quality business that tries to steer youy in  the right direction

ask anyone who has done the courses and stuck to the priciples to see if they regreted Joining

but you are right

I SHOULD GET SOME SORT OF REFERAL REWARD
PERHAPS I SHOULD TAKE THAT UP WITH MR SAUNDERS!!

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 07:22:28 pm »
he he nice one  ;D ;D

craigp

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 07:43:40 pm »
why pay for fastrack its just lots of THIS  and THIS!!   OH AND -WE GUARANTEE IT!! 

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN SIMPLY THIS...     blah blah blah..

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 08:02:37 pm »
Yes AND CALL OUR CONSUMER HOTLINE 0800 ********

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 08:03:55 pm »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

scimitar clean

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 08:20:58 pm »

Have a look at this web site for IICRC course in carpet cleaning and
         Upholstery cleaning http://www.nationalfloodschool.co.uk/
         hope this is some help
                                                  James

craigp

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 08:23:12 pm »
yeah which will spend twenty mins talking you into using them,  and how every  carpet cleaners out to rip them off,  bar them..  

it doesnt always work, a guy in our area tried fastrack and went under second year.  but we dont here from those as they are no longer in the buisness so not likely to be chatting on here, so lets have some balance, it works sometimes.

neil 47

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 09:02:33 pm »
Don t you all think it depends on the person, some need the help and guidance of a third party, others will be successful in which ever business they choose it’s all about motivation and systems .
some need help others don’t .
Even Leonardo devichy needed help, with the scaffolding  ;D

Neil
IICRC

craigp

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 10:38:17 pm »
i never thought of it that way, your right, but fastrack is more than guidence or help.

i can help thinking its about earning someone else money.